Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2014, 09:53 AM   #101 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Now your thinking! The reason we want to stretch is because of the weight, get rid of the weight.
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2014, 10:37 AM   #102 (permalink)
Registered Users

Way ahead of you. I'm working towards a 300g, 4500rpm machine. If I could get lighter Lynx cyclic servos, and a lighter Lynx canopy I suspect 285g might be possible :-)
myxiplx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2014, 10:37 AM   #103 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I'm gonna email Luca about servos. I'll let you know...

what do we want? micro servo, obviously, but how fast, how much torque? How much weight?
BladeScraper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2014, 12:01 PM   #104 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey BladeScraper,

I'd say the LX9001 high voltage servo which Lynx already do is the perfect starting point. If Luca can put together an alternate gear set for that we're laughing.

The LX9001 is probably ok for a tail servo as is (although a little faster gearing would be nice), if they geared it down to nearer the speed of the Align DS410 that would probably create a version that would make for a good cyclic servo.

If you speak with Luca, tell him there's a willing guinea pig for these in the UK. I'm still running stock cyclic servos so if they can gear the LX9001 down I'll happily buy a set from him and test them out. Swapping 3x DS410 servos for those could be a 22g weight saving on its own.

Myx

PS. I've got an online spreadsheet where I was tracking various servo options. I'm not 100% sure of the torque specs as I don't know whether manufacturers are listing stall torque, but it gives you a reasonable feel of the options I'm found in the market:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Old 09-08-2014, 10:39 PM   #105 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The lighter and faster the better. I would honestly start with the lx9001 on cyclic and see if they have the torque needed. Weight wise I think most would like to stay under 6.5g, 5.25g is fantastic, but I would give up some weight for MG.

How much torque do the stock servos on the 130X have? The 250 is closer in size to the 130 than a 450 so that should give us an idea what is needed.
Old 09-14-2014, 11:55 AM   #106 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did anybody suggest a carbon pushrod? One for both the normal tail and one for any stretch kit they make?
Old 09-14-2014, 11:59 AM   #107 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by myxiplx View Post
Did anybody suggest a carbon pushrod? One for both the normal tail and one for any stretch kit they make?
That would be nice. Not a very high-profit item, though. Still, some kind of extended pushrod would be a nice complement to (and necessary component of, come to think of it) a stretch kit...
Harbormaster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2014, 02:26 PM   #108 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a feeling that with everything listed here Lynx could release a set of upgrades which could get us to a 280g Trex 250. Or to a sub 300g stretched Trex 250.

Oh I hope they get time to work on this soon!
Old 09-15-2014, 07:16 AM   #109 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
PS. I've got an online spreadsheet where I was tracking various servo options. I'm not 100% sure of the torque specs as I don't know whether manufacturers are listing stall torque, but it gives you a reasonable feel of the options I'm found in the market:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
That's good work!

Mind if I update into that spreadsheet ?
ongbenghui is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2014, 11:18 AM   #110 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sure, PM me your email address and I'll grant you permissions.
Old 09-15-2014, 09:17 PM   #111 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
I have a feeling that with everything listed here Lynx could release a set of upgrades which could get us to a 280g Trex 250. Or to a sub 300g stretched Trex 250.

Oh I hope they get time to work on this soon!
How big a stretch are we all thinking? 10-15mm or more? Seems like any more than 10-15mm and you might as well move up to the 300x/cfx.

Your weights are in line with what I was thinking. It would be awesome to get them that light without much effort.
Old 09-16-2014, 07:39 AM   #112 (permalink)
Registered Users

I stretched mine 50 mm on the boom, 35 on the mains. It weighs 350 g.
I dont fly 3D, only sport with a few loops,rolls, and some inverted flight but, it flies great.
Old 09-19-2014, 01:11 AM   #113 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobieg View Post
I stretched mine 50 mm on the boom, 35 on the mains. It weighs 350 g.
I dont fly 3D, only sport with a few loops,rolls, and some inverted flight but, it flies great.
After much thought you're right. I didn't realize how heavy the 300CFX was, Spec'ed flying weight 510g. I fly 255mm Hornet II blades on my FBL Hornet and it only weighs 340g with an 80g pack. It's a blast to sport fly smooth aerobatics with it turning only 2200rpm, but it's becoming increasingly hard to find parts for it so a modern alternative would be really nice!
Old 09-19-2014, 01:22 AM   #114 (permalink)
Registered Users

Vtown nick just sent me an auw of over 600gr I think
jmtyndall is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2014, 10:26 PM   #115 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm just thinking... now that Lynx has their own 250, maybe aftermarket stuff for a competing product is not as much of a priority?
Old 10-01-2014, 10:27 PM   #116 (permalink)

My HF Map location

The Lynx is a 250mm the T250 is 205mm blades, not even the same class They will definitely continue making upgrades for the Align 250.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:04 PM   #117 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeScraper View Post
The Lynx is a 250mm the T250 is 205mm blades, not even the same class They will definitely continue making upgrades for the Align 250.
I wouldn't go so far as to say that they're not in the same class--what I would call "small RC heli"--bigger than a micro, smaller than a 450.

And I didn't say stop making upgrades, but maybe just wouldn't prioritize developing the new ones we've been talking about so much since it encourages folks to buy the competition.

Just thinking out loud here (and/or talking a lot of ignorant BS--my specialty ).
Old 10-02-2014, 05:56 AM   #118 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbormaster View Post
I wouldn't go so far as to say that they're not in the same class--what I would call "small RC heli"--bigger than a micro, smaller than a 450.

And I didn't say stop making upgrades, but maybe just wouldn't prioritize developing the new ones we've been talking about so much since it encourages folks to buy the competition.

Just thinking out loud here (and/or talking a lot of ignorant BS--my specialty ).
A stretch kit would put the 250 into the oxy 3 class, so maybe that would be a no go, if I was in business anyway.

but would still like them to start making some upgrades even if its only 215 blades and a less sloppy tail hub and grip set

Trex 250 DFC with Vx1n, Trex 500 DFC with Brain
Emax 250 with CC3d, X4, Dx8 and iCharger 3010b
Slobberdog is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2014, 11:19 PM   #119 (permalink)

My HF Map location

first thing released
http://www.lynxheli.com/index.php?cP...a4d0c300dd1b34
Old 12-29-2014, 03:54 PM   #120 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If any of the 280gr 250 upgrades ever get here I think i'll get even more aggressive with the weight saving.

I was flying a friends 180cfx the other day, it wasnt until I landed and removed the canopy to power down that I realized he was running an 860mah battery, tbh the thing was rocking and didn't feel underpowered or heavy.

That lipo must of put his auw at nearly 230 grams! this got me thinking...

why not use the 180cfx motor on 4s lipo to save weight?

The 250 maingear is already 30% larger so you can sort of cancel out the blade size difference, I know the 180cfx motor can run 4s and with the right pinion choice and a governed setup I reckon the combined weight saving of 12-15gr on the motor and 12-15gr on the lipo could turn a 280gram 250 into a true 250gram machine.

Its extreme i'll admit but ive seen a 250 build on here that used a 2s hp08, now that's extreme.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in