Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > HF Vendor Support > HeliDirect Support

HeliDirect Support HeliDirect Vendor Sponsored Customer Support Forum

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 07:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default What's going on with HeliDirect?

I'm starting to see what may be an unsettling trend with Helidirect and was wondering whether anyone else is seeing this or just me.

Service up until a few months ago was stellar (at least in my experience). I'm waiting to hear back from Larry at HD before going into too many details here, but I'd like to know if others have seen any sort of decline these past few months.

Also, who is "Rita"? Since she seems to respond to support tickets after hours and her english doesn't appear to be very good at times, I'm wondering if they're offshoring or something. Anybody know?
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2013, 07:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've been inside Helidirect and I can tell you that everyone in there looks like they came from "off shore", so I wouldn't be concerned with speaking with someone with bad English. All of my recent dealings with them have been just fine.
johnsma22 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2013, 08:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsma22 View Post
I've been inside Helidirect and I can tell you that everyone in there looks like they came from "off shore", so I wouldn't be concerned with speaking with someone with bad English. All of my recent dealings with them have been just fine.
That's good to hear (that you've been getting good service). Maybe I've just had a recent string of bad luck with them. I'm happy to give them the benefit of the doubt since they've been great up till recently, but if the screw-ups continue, I won't be pleased.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got a response from HD that they have recently hired a bunch of new warehouse people which accounts for the string of screw ups.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I recently did a pre-order of some parts from HD. Knew it would take a while but it took almost 2 months to get them. They wouldn't place the pre-order till I paid (understandable). Then when they told me they were in, they asked me how I would like to pay. Larry was quick to confirm when I told him I had paid already and got the parts out to me.

I had great success with my first order but I'll probably stick to Tower for my Mini Titan parts in the future. Also found that HD had old stock parts and there was one specifically that had a design change and I wanted the newer design. Got it from Tower but HD couldn't source the newer one because they needed to run out the old stock.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, like I said previously, they've been great for me up till the past few months. Then I started getting stuff in shipments that I hadn't ordered and not getting stuff that I did order. When I used their customer service tracking system, I always got "Rita" and she would make me prove that I got the wrong stuff by taking pictures of it and uploading it to their website. The first time or two, I did what "Rita" asked, but then I got fed up. Contacting Larry directly appears to be the best course of action. He seems responsive and doesn't give me any hassle.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:19 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

2007 I started buying stuff from HD and have always had good service but not any more I have been trying to get some replacement parts since December my last contact with HD was on the 11 Jan asking if my address was correct and they would be posted ASAP.
Normally they would send me conformation of the item being posted but I have heard nothing. It usually takes around 10 days to receive stuff so its overdue at the moment and I don't know if its even been sent. I am waiting a bit longer before I start to complain but their service is not what it used to be. I also have received wrong Items in my last order but as they were worth only a few dollars it was not worth doing anything about it.
ozflyer is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2013, 11:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My first order so far isnt going smooth. I placed an order, then added something to it. Got everything but one item is wrong. I talked to larry he shipped the "right" one two days later, i shipped back the wrong one and he gave me the shipping cost back as an instore credit. Fine, but it woulda been nice to double it or something. I didnt mess up!
And then today the post man strolls up to my house with, the same part as i got the first time. Awesome. And now the one i actually ordered is out of stock. I have had a half built heli all over my bench for over a month..Not too pleased.
KableGuy is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2013, 02:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I can't complain. I ordered a 500E last Wednesday - it showed up at work on Friday (of course, it took until just now to wind it's way through the LAX mail system)
Old 02-13-2013, 04:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Never had a problem with Helidirect but something is not right there lately.

Last edited by KBaksh; 02-13-2013 at 06:47 PM..
KBaksh is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2013, 07:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello - this is Larry @ HeliDirect. Thank you for your feedback on this, and I am truly sorry if you have encountered any issues, whatsoever, with our service. I can assure you we are doing our very best to not only provide the best customer service possible, but to also maintain our level of service to the best of our ability.

Yes, we are training new staff in our warehouse, and with all new employees, mistakes have been made, although we have done everything we know to right these issues, and as for our staff, the errors are dropping dramatically. Please forgive any such errors, and know that we are working hard to make sure every customer is properly taken care of.

If you can kindly email me direct with any issues, I will personally address them. You can reach me at larry@helidirect.com - would be more than happy to assist anyone with an issue that has caused any problems.

Thank you!

Sincerely, Larry @ HeliDirect
Customer Service Supervisor
Old 02-13-2013, 07:39 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You can't really fault Rita by the way she needs that info. I worked for a hobbyshop answering tickets and you wouldn't believe some of the stuff people try. It is frustrating to get the wrong thing or not be shipped something so I understand 100% how you feel. Rita and Larry are great though and I would like to vouch for them both. HeliDirect as you already know is one of the kings in this industry. Truly sorry to hear you are in this position.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:03 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: What's going on with HeliDirect?

I have orderd HD almost exclusively for better part of a year now. Has to be in the upper 3k area and have never had a problem with wrong item. Recently I had a bad ikon unit and there replacement was in the mail to me before my deffective unit was on its way to them.
Larry and his staff have taken the time to discuss setup options and there personal experiences to further assist me in mine, that alone is worth an occasional " ooops " to me. Unless larry and his band of miss fits change companies ill stick to HELIDIRECT.

Sent from my Trex 700n using a DX8
charles.frank is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2013, 02:15 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Update

Here is my support ticket and I still don't know it they have been sent
look at the dates
my last contact was 7 days ago and I still don't know what's happening apart from the fact the replacement gears arrived over one month ago

Date: 12/03/2012 Name: steve

Hi

I purchased the above heli on 4th July 2012.

I understand from Heliartist, that they have now completed the new metal gears and they will be forwarding them to their dealers for distribution to original purchasers. They advised me to contact you to obtain my replacements.

Have you been provided with any information on these replacements?

Regards

Steve

Date: 12/03/2012 Name: Rita Message:
Hi Steve,

Thank you for your message!

These replacement will arrive to Heliartist next wed, they will ship to us when it arrived. Then we will alert you as soon as we have it in stock.

If you need anything else, please feel free to contact us. Thank you!

Best Regards,
Rita

Was this reply helpful? Please click here to rate my response

Date: 12/06/2012 Name: steve

Thank you, I will wait to hear from you.

Regards

Steve

Date: 12/29/2012 Name: steve

Any news on the gears yet?

Regards

Steve

Date: 01/09/2013 Name: steve Message:
Hi

I see you have got stock in from Heliartist.
Any news on the gears yet?

Regards

Steve

Date: 01/11/2013 Name: Rita Message:
Hi Stevem

Sorry for my lates reponse!

We have received new metal gear from HeliArtist, can you kindly confirm with us about your shipping address, is the below correct, then we will set up an replacement for you as soon as possible.

Shipping Address:
(address removed)

Anything else you need, please feel free to contact us. Thank you!

Best Regards,
Rita

Was this reply helpful? Please click here to rate my response

Date: 01/11/2013 Name: steve

Thanks

Yes that is my correct address

Regards

Steve

Date: 02/07/2013 Name: steve

Just following up as I have not received the gears yet, I thought they would have arrived by now.
Can you please advise when they were sent.

Regards

Steve

Date: 02/07/2013 Name: Larry Message:
Steve,
Great to hear from you! I am in contact with Rita as of now and will update you on your order - looks like the parts have arrived, and I will update your order shortly.
I will be in touch as soon as I hear back from shipping - thank you!

If you need anything else, please let me know!

Have a Great Day! - Larry (larry@helidirect.com)

Customer Service Supervisor
Old 02-14-2013, 02:42 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Re: What's going on with HeliDirect?

That sounds almost identical to my back-and-forth with them about my pre-order of Thunder Tiger parts. Once Larry got back involved at the end, I had the parts in hand about a week and a half later. Hope you get your gears soon.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-14-2013, 04:00 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Steve,

Thank you for your message, and I do apologize about this delay, as I know you have been waiting for these gears. I have messaged the gentleman in our warehouse regarding this gear set, as our shipping staff was not able to find them - these should be in our warehouse as of now, and I am personally working on this matter, and hope to have this resolved for you tomorrow. Please feel free to message me direct via my email @ larry@helidirect.com - I am not monitoring this thread, so if you can email me with any concerns, I will respond right away.

Please know we are working on this matter now, and I will personally resolve this for you ASAP. I am sorry it has been a wait, but know that I will not lose sight of this.

If you (or anyone else) needs any assistance, please don't hesitate to message me direct.

Thank you!

Sincerely, Larry Haley
HeliDirect Customer Service Supervisor
Old 02-15-2013, 12:07 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Larry for looking after this for me

Steve
Old 02-15-2013, 01:05 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Steve,

You are very welcome for the support! I am waiting to hear from our warehouse staff, and will update you the moment I hear from the gentleman that received this purchase order - he has been away on vacation the past few days, and is just coming back, so I will get this moving the very moment I can.

Thank you for your patience!!

Sincerely, Larry Haley
Customer Service Supervisor / HeliDirect
Old 02-16-2013, 10:51 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ya I get my parts fast but not always right. Like I ordered all the parts to rebuild my goblin and the dfc links I got in the same package where different lengths. So I ordered anther set waiting for them now. Only thing stopping me from finishing my bird.
Twill is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2013, 09:47 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I am not a HD rep Twill but I am sorry to hear you are gummed up on your project now. That does sound like a problem with packaging by SAB you should let them know at your earliest convenience so they can work out any bugs. Contact Larry Haley from HeliDirect by email it is listed above and give him a description of what happened. I have found it is also helpful to list to a company what your ideal resolution would entail.

That Goblin rocks I spent all day watching one get hammered around the field.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in