Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > 4G3

4G3 Walkera 4G3 Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2010, 09:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 4g3 brushless kit speed controller problems?

I recently bought a brushless 4g3 from wow hobbies with the upgraded brushless kits. After completing the new set up by adjusting the dip 11 switch I find that after lift off the heli quits producing power. After it lands only right stick is responding. The left stick does not read and therefore does not produce any power. I then have to unplug the battery, turn off the receiver and redo the ten second sync process. Suggestions?
jflyers is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2010, 05:46 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Which motor and esc are you using?
Blade 400, mSR, mCPX - Sonix SX450SE - Walkera 1#A, 4#3, 4#3A, 4#3B, 4G3
Dusty1000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2010, 10:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I have to check but I bought it with the upgrades already on it from wow hobbies.
jflyers is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2010, 11:38 PM   #4 (permalink)

Ok i am bran new too and same problem

Walkera 4G3 Turbo Double Brushless & WK-2801PRO TX 81220,C-carbon stand, 2.9g BL Motors

I have the 81220 motor soon as it hits full throttle the power cuts heli in safe mode lights flash and left stick wont work...

Curves look ok... cant figure out.
4g3freak is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2010, 02:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sounds like a problem with either the esc or motor. Is it a Turbo-Ace motor? I've read about quite a few problems with them, some work ok, others apparently don't. Is either the motor or esc heating up by much?

Dusty
Blade 400, mSR, mCPX - Sonix SX450SE - Walkera 1#A, 4#3, 4#3A, 4#3B, 4G3
Dusty1000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2010, 08:47 PM   #6 (permalink)

I have the same problem. Jonathan at wowhobbies could not help, only suggested adjusting expo. I am frustrated with lack of customer support. Any useful advice?

Thanks
Dantheheliman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2010, 02:27 AM   #7 (permalink)

jflyers and Dantheheliman

Try this It worked for me I know its weird for now untill someone really figures it out... its a problem with the pitch I think its cause of the High HS so i had a idea..

At 50% throt I have 62% Pit
75% throt 63% pit
100% throt 65% pit

Any thing higher would make heli shut down and I lose control of right stick...

Next i will try to bring the pitch back to normal but mabe run heli at 75% capacty and see if i can get more pitch out of it..

I am noob but with less pitch I can at least fly again for now..
--------------
4g3 turbo ace & carbin tail. 2801 pro
Old 01-25-2010, 02:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantheheliman View Post
I have the same problem. Jonathan at wowhobbies could not help, only suggested adjusting expo. I am frustrated with lack of customer support. Any useful advice?

Thanks
I bought a used 4g3. It had a brushless main but the brushed tail. The tail didn't hold, it didn't have the power. Being used it was probably just worn out. So I bought this from wowhobbies:
http://www.wowhobbies.com/tailholder...1-1-1-2-1.aspx

I followed the build directions to the letter. The main won't spin without manually starting it up. The tail motor ran for a few seconds, the heli spun crazily CCW, flipped over and quit. The wiring looks like crap; the shrink wrap came off at the motor and the wiring is like tissue paper. I even dremmeled out the main motor mount so there was no binding with the main gear. The cnc tail holder looks great, but one of the screws broke off in the mount, so its crap.

My correspondence with wow was about like everyone elses: Its your fault and you didn't follow directions, etc. nice

I am not used to this. I'm used to dealing with Horizon hobbies. I called and said I was having a problem with my CX3. They sent me a new 3in1 which fixed the problem. I sent my DX6i in for recall (buddy plug) and got back a transmitter that also had the broken antenna fixed. No charge.

I love my MSR. I fly it all over the house. You take care of the "too stable" bit by adding some mix like this: Elev + Aile; Rate L+30%, R+20%. Now it will only hover hands-off for a couple of seconds before requiring operator input. I haven't even moved out the the "agressive" swash balls yet!

The only down side is that the MSR is not 3D capable. That's one reason why I bought the 4g3! The other is my disablilty makes it hard for me to be outside when its cold. Yeah I know, I need to move somewhere where its warmer! Oh wait, I can't handle heat either! hahaha

So right now my 4g3 sits in a box. With the $115 for the used heli and $90 for the super upgrade I should have just bought a 4g6.

So, cheers guyz! I get my B400 out for maybe 10 minutes and some sim time while I'm doing some scale builds.
Stenz28 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2010, 11:43 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Mine does the same thing with the battery that came with it. I got some new batteries and now it flies great. It sounds like the battery is giving up and kicking out the esc. That is what mine did anyway. Like you said the right stick still works but no motor or tail motor.
newhelliguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2010, 01:34 AM   #10 (permalink)

Default re

i wish i have 600mah 20c and a 400 mah both do it i have tryed 3 600mah 20c all do same thing around same time... I think maybe its a setup issue with tx but i dont know havin a hard time tackel it..
Old 02-07-2010, 04:51 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have half a dozen 400mah and one 600 mah. Doesn't matter, heli is crap. I've given up on it for now and thrown it in its box and gone back to flying my MSR indoor. When my back is doing ok and weather isn't too bad I try to get a couple of batts through my Blade 400.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:03 PM   #12 (permalink)

I also had the same problem. I found the 2 batteries that came with the heli were 10c. I happened to buy 2 more batteries, when I bought the heli, they were 20c. The 20c seems to work fine. I was just about to junk the heli, but I can hover for about 3 minutes. I am trying to get tech support from wowhobbies, with much difficulty. Any one else have suggestions?
Old 02-21-2010, 07:05 PM   #13 (permalink)

The heli does look good, but I agree the Blade msr and Blade 400 are more rewarding to fly. What a shame Walkera doesn't back up their products. I was considering buying the 4g6. Anyone have a good experience?

Thanks
Old 02-22-2010, 09:42 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantheheliman View Post
The heli does look good, but I agree the Blade msr and Blade 400 are more rewarding to fly. What a shame Walkera doesn't back up their products. I was considering buying the 4g6. Anyone have a good experience?

Thanks
The 4G6 was made to address all the problems the 4G3 had and correct them. It's the next step in 4G3 evolution, hence the reason the 4G3 is no longer produced.
The 4G6 is far superior to the 4G3, however still very squirly due to it's size.
Visit the 4G6 thread for more info.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:42 AM   #15 (permalink)

Default similar issue?

It looks like the exact same issue I posted here: https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...77#post1860777

Have a look at the two youtube videos I posted at the bottom of the thread.
jdreitman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in