Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Night Flying

Night Flying Night Flying Helis Info

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2007, 09:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Night Setup Pictures

Just wanted to post pics of my T-Rex with the night setup. Let me know what you think.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 01-30-07_1856.jpg (9.6 KB, 620 views)
File Type: jpg 01-27-07_1959.jpg (37.1 KB, 246 views)
Anubis328 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2007, 10:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Nice! I love the night birds. All you need are my brushed fins to finish it off!

Rick
rdlohr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2007, 12:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Looks better than mine . Btw... don't anyone run their boom glow wire like I did (parallel to the boom) because during a crash you are guaranteed to cut the glow wire when the blade hits the boom. If the glow wire were just looped around it looks like it would not have been cut.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nightcrash1-5435.jpg (96.6 KB, 343 views)
StatiC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2007, 12:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by xStatiCa2
Looks better than mine :
haha yep it dose sorry about the crash is she back up flying?
T-REX 450 SE
T-REX 450 SE V2
REAL FLIGHT G3
FIELD FORCE 9
s9joe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2007, 12:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I don't have a few parts that were damaged. I need a new carbon fiber frame set(1 top and 1 bottom) and the bottom part of the gyro case was damaged. I just got the 450se newV2 so I don't think pushing for parts is going to fly with the wife anytime soon. I am afraid to fly the newV2 very much because there are no feathering shafts available yet for it from any hobby shop I have found.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

xStatiCa2... Do you happen to know a guy in the area named Sean with a Futaba 12Z, a Tiger, T-Rex, and a wrecked Pantera?
Old 03-14-2007, 01:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If it is the Sean S. that I am thinking about then yea. I don't know what radio he has though. I only talk to him a few times a month if that because he is so busy helping others setup their helis. He is the one that got me back into helicopters when he was at my next door neighbors house who was filming him. I pulled out my old Concept DX 30 and showed off the collected dust from 15 years of garage storage. He looked at it for me but he didn't think the motor would be repairable (it was ceased). I went out and bought an mx400 pro a few days later without consulting him . I then learned first hand about the limitations of the mx400 series design and bought a 450se 2 months later.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Man I gotta get some pics of mine up....
Now that we are on normal time it makes it harder to get out at night to fly.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2007, 02:54 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

He was actually talking to me about your crash just the other day. He actually flew my T-Rex before I did. I picked it up a year ago now, and have just been night flying for a few months. Sean hadn't seen it until Monday. We went down to Sparks, and I let him try it out. Small world!

If you're looking for replacement blades, they've got some at a motorcycle shop off of Gunn Highway called Elite Performance. It's not somewhere you'd be likely to look, but the carry a lot of T-Rex and Blade stuff, because they enjoy the hobby. They're a nice group of guys.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sean is a great guy. He gave me a tach one day when I needed one and couldn't convince the wife of the *need* .

The last crash I had above(last Saturday night) was from about 100 feet up I was inverted and then decided to do a nose dive... I just froze up on the way down and couldn't remember which direction to push collective or cyclic for some stupid reason so it went straight into the ground nose first without slowing down at all.

I wonder if they have a carbon frame set. When I bought my night blades I bought 2 sets expecting to crash them so I am set for now on blades. Do you have any idea about their store hours? They are a little closer than hobbytown for me so if I need some parts that they carry in the future I might go there instead. The nice thing about hobbytown is they are open on Sunday .

Maybe we can get a casual night flight gathering going someday locally. I only fly out back of my house over a pond with a 12 foot sloping bank. Where do you fly at?

Bring on your pics Finless. We need more pictures of night setups. I would much rather fly at night than the day myself.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:39 PM   #11 (permalink)
RSK
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Here's mine at night 450 SE. I just fly out front of house. Tampa is a little far as i live in Sarasota but would love to have a night fly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg night_655.jpg (591.4 KB, 135 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0817.jpg (331.8 KB, 137 views)
RSK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2007, 07:21 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm not sure when Elite opens, but they're there until 6 Tuesday - Friday, and till 4 on Saturday. They're closed Sunday and Monday. I don't think they have any framesets, but will order them in if you ask. Parts usually show up on Thursday, if you get in on the current weeks order.

As far as flying, most of it is done in a field within my apartment complex. I live off of Van Dyke in the Lake Carlton Arms Apartments, and there is a nice field within walking distance. I have a few preteen groupies that tend to come out, but they listen pretty well.

My night flights have been pretty tame so far. Just cruising around, fig 8's & such, maybe a few piroettes, but nothing inverted yet. (I'm still getting used to that in daylight) I'd be cool to get a bunch of them together though!
Old 03-16-2007, 12:07 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just ordered my frame set (1 side) and a replacement for the glow wire I cut. Modefosheli shipped it out within 12 minutes of getting the order! Hopefully it will get here saturday but more likely Monday. Ill be back up and running the next day assuming the gyro case being broken doesn't keep it grounded. I haven't tested the gyro yet but I suspect it will be fine. I am hoping some glue will hold the case together until I can find a replacement bottom case .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in