Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Ufly

Ufly Walkera Ufly Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2011, 04:13 AM   #381 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey guys,

You all state that you have to keep the UFLY-S main shaft and just swap the UFLY-S head only with the one of the V370D01.
Well I don't have the heli with me right now, so I can't check for myself, but can you just take off the head from the shaft of both UFLY-S and V370D01?

When I look at part pics it looks like it's all one part, but then again, I can't check it in "real life" for myself right now.

Thanks for the answer!
JeremyT is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2011, 09:18 AM   #382 (permalink)

Default Shafts

The shaft from the 370d01 doesn't come with a hole for the gear pin that's why we use the original uflys shaft.I use both, to use the 370d01 shaft you have to remove shaft from head and flip it end for end so the gear side is now inserted into head.To secure head to shaft( since there's no pin hole)I use a small amount of cold weld epoxy glue in the head and push all the way down and clamp together till dry.To remove shaft if and when it gets damaged you use a lighter and heat head at shaft area for about 20 seconds and twist it apart.The good thing about using the 370d01 shaft is the provided links will be the correct length.I've never had the epoxy fail and find it easier to remove then hammering the pin out!

Last edited by Stevemech; 08-12-2011 at 11:40 AM.. Reason: Spelling error
Stevemech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2011, 08:56 AM   #383 (permalink)
Registered Users

When I go for that HobbyMate HB2622 5000KV motor to replace my UFLY-S stock motor, will a 13T pinion work with the UFLY-S main gear?

I came across this one: http://www.rc-addict.nl/rc-addictnl-...mm05m-12t.html (should fit the HobbyMate motor with 2.3 mm), but will 13T do fine?

Thanks!
JeremyT is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2011, 06:37 PM   #384 (permalink)

A 13 or 14 tooth pinion with a mod.4 pitch is what your looking for ,that motor has alot of power so you'll not be able to use it all anyway!The link that you posted is for a mod.5 pitch.I bought mine on eBay under(venom 2.3 .4 mod pinion)a set from 13 to 20 for $6.
Old 08-25-2011, 05:26 PM   #385 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Pinion Gear

The ideal pinion gear for the uflys is the Microheli Vortex .4M 13T; it's cheapest at HeliDirect.com. This pinion is the best with it's set screw.
jtpile is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2011, 03:06 PM   #386 (permalink)
Registered Users

I want to replace the engines. Whitch is the better engines: Hobbymate 2626 4200KV, max. current 19A or Hobbymate 2622 5000KV max. current 15A.Now, I put up: Fiber Reinforced Blade (for Honey Bee FP). The stock engine light to it.
Sorry, I do not know English well.
buldozer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2011, 12:39 AM   #387 (permalink)

I'm running the 2626 motor with a 15t pinion and like it better than when I was running the 2622 with a 13t pinion,you get a more usable power spread with a pinion with more contact with the main gear so it last longer and is quieter!
Old 09-29-2011, 06:20 AM   #388 (permalink)
Registered Users

Stevemech: Using two or three cell? I ordered a turnigy 2627 motor:http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...or_4200kv.html
But it is too weak with 15t pinion or 14t pinion. Two similar motor or not? : Arggg:
buldozer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2011, 11:23 AM   #389 (permalink)

I'm running the hobbiemate 2626 which works great on two cell,what battery are you running,it should be at least a 25c battery.Does your battery and esc get warm if not ,try a bigger pinion,your looking for no more than 2200 rpm headspeed.With your setup you should be getting 2500rpm so something is not working right , I suspect your battery is not powerful enough!.On three cell at 4200 kv you would use a 9 pinion gear!
Old 10-06-2011, 09:35 PM   #390 (permalink)
Registered Users

I found the oscillation problem. It was the tail pitch slider guide thing. one of the two pins were out of it. It cost me another set of blades to find out that the adj-wk switch had to be on wk for the gyro to work(I should have known). I was going to set the tail in rate mode but I guess I can't do that anymore. I put the settings on the description on the video. Its a lot easier to fly now but I have to say its still one of the more difficult of my helis to fly.

Uflys Flybarless Modification (4 min 59 sec)
barnstorm100 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2011, 07:55 PM   #391 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default servo?

has anyone tried the inolab servos? I have a set that i was gonna sub in for the stockers, but for some reason i can't kill em.
docktercolin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2011, 08:17 PM   #392 (permalink)
Registered Users

Steve, I really like your carbon fiber frame. I would like to do it for myself. I've got the basics to do the mainframe, no problem. I would like to see some more pictures of how you mounted the receiver. I know you're using 1300's. Do you think that 1500's would work as well?
docktercolin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2011, 08:53 AM   #393 (permalink)

I made a small platform glued to the top of the main frame for the rx to sit on and I am running 800mah 20c battery's but a higher C will work better and the ufly benefits from battery weight when flying in the wind ,but 1500 might be a little heavy!I'm getting about 10mintues on the 800's.
Old 10-15-2011, 11:13 AM   #394 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by docktercolin View Post
has anyone tried the inolab servos? I have a set that i was gonna sub in for the stockers, but for some reason i can't kill em.
The inolab servos are good servos but won't work with the uflys rx,they will be in reverse when the 3axis gyro tries to correct for level,you can use them if you fly with the flybar and gyro function turned off.The henge 922 &933 are the only servos that I know of that are bolt on,use for cyclics and tail.
Old 10-15-2011, 11:16 AM   #395 (permalink)

Default JTPILE what project are you working on?

Jt , haven't seen you on the threads for awhile and was wondering what you've been up to?(what cool stuff have you been experimenting with)
Old 04-09-2013, 03:30 PM   #396 (permalink)
Registered Users

thanks for the pics and upgrades> i actually did the same with my ufly and i love it. i wish i wouldve read this last week. i burned out 2 servos and bought new ufly ones. next ones that burn out ill pick up the ones on your post.
fepsphan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
370d01, flybarless, uflys, walkera

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in