Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters > Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme

Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2013, 10:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question Thinking of buying an Xxtreme 800

I am selling my motorcycle and an thinking of buying an Xxtreme 800. Is there any know issues with this heli I should know about?
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2013, 11:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have the 700 and absolutely love it! Best machine I have ever had, And I've have had a few.
Not one issue has arised.

I'm sure the 800 is just as good if not better.

Top notch quality.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm at 116 flights now , been perfect heli.

I had an older 2nd run kit with the version 25 software that I needed to send in for update. If your buying now though that will be covered for you as all newer kits have updated esc's

This is my favorite heli , I have the logo 700 also but I find the disk loading a bit higher , still a great heli but I like to stretch out my auto's a bit long and the 800 will hang for a long time , the 700 not as long.

No wear on the parts at 116 flights , hobby king packs showing there age but i'll be replacing them with gens ace/pulse ultra or thor packs.

Martin
Logo 600 8917/ 9188 4035-500 VBC NEO
rcmarty is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2013, 11:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just passed 300 flights on my 800 and everything is all original. Never done that before! Go buy one and you'll love it. 3 sets of 45C thor packs at 100 flights per set and just like new!

Goblin 770 Comp, XXtreme 800, XXtreme 700, Kraken 580, TRex 450 Dominator, GooSky S2, Futaba CGY760's and 32MZ
gadawg58 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2013, 07:17 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

All i can say is I love my Logo 800 !!!

Only minor problems.. Mine is V26 Esc. The update is for a little soft start. They quick little bit from cold start but is not big deal. With the update you can solve the problem.

The canopy clips can be improve. Some people lose the magnets from the canopy holder. Not my case.

Are very minor problems. That is the only think that i know. The machine is very well done and a dream to flight.
Old 08-26-2013, 02:37 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi All,

what are the requirements of flying the 800: field, transport, skills etc etc?

I'm asking as of late i see frequent sales (here in Switzerland) from guys who just had it for 3/4 months so almost brand new and for pretty reasonable prices?

ThX,
Apper
apper001 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2013, 08:08 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

When I put mine in the back of my bmw x5 with the back seat down the tail almost touches the drivers seat and the front of the nose almost touches the tailgate. If you are flying a 600/700 now you won't have any problem with the 800. And its solid as a rock in the wind!

Goblin 770 Comp, XXtreme 800, XXtreme 700, Kraken 580, TRex 450 Dominator, GooSky S2, Futaba CGY760's and 32MZ
gadawg58 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2013, 11:45 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, I'm in Switzerland and I just sold mine, so maybe I can comment. In my case I just wanted something new, as I've bought the bird when it hit the market in spring 12 and now want to get something new.

The Xxtreme is actually the most stable bird I've had. Due to its size, it has a huge presence and is very visible in the air. It's pretty easy to fly if you're dialing the vbar accordingly. Pushing it through 3d is no problem either and I find that most maneuvers I can fly are easiest with the Xxtreme. But, the thing is intimidating and expensive to repair (compared to a 600, e.g.) which might hold you back a little.

What I don't like is the way the canopy and the batteries are attached. Switching those is just too fiddly and time consuming. A minor problem is component placement. For a bird this large there is surprising little space to put them, which also makes maintenance a tad more tedious. Also, 7s charging is a bit cumbersome, since most equipment only handles up to 6s (e.g. Parallel charging boards).

Transport isn't a problem. It even fit into my old opel corsa. Yeah, i couldn't put it into the trunk but somehow I always found a spot...

For me it's just not a beater heli. For that purpose, I got myself a 600 (synergy e5s). As a cool looking addition to an existing fleet, it does the trick very well.

Bernhard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in