Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2011, 06:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Embed images WITHOUT uploading to external site

Ok, so I have heard people struggling with uploading their pictures before. Also, most people like to embed their pictures.

I've heard people say they just upload their pictures to Photobucket or similar. Which is fair enough, but not everyone wants to make an account with those websites... So, I'm going to share how to upload and embed photos into their posts, within this website. To some people this may be obvious, but I know there are people who aren't so sure and would like to know this.

I wont go into to much detail on how to upload on here. I think you all know how to do it. You click the paperclip (attachment) icon. This will bring up a dialogue.

In that dialogue, there is a set of four 'Browse' buttons. Click one and locate the photo (or file), repeat this for all four. Then click the upload button on the right. You can then repeat this if you want more than four images.

Ok, once you have all your photos uploaded, scroll down to 'Preview Post'

Right click on each of the attached pictures and click 'Open Link in New Tab' (Or, if you have a mouse, put the cursor over the thumbnail and 'click' the scroll wheel), you'll notice each photo open up in a seperate tab at the top of your browser. Some of you may have a different web browser to me but the process should be very similar unless you have an old browser.

Now, go on each tab containing the images, highlight the image and right click it and press 'Copy.' Now, on some web browsers you might not have to highlight the image, but with Firefox you have to (for some reason). Clicking 'Copy Image' doesn't work. Don't get confused, the photo below is showing an IMAGE of a previous step. Sorry I did it that way, that may be confusing.

Now go back to the tab with your post in it... Go back one page to get out of the preview and back to the post. Now paste the image where you want it.

Sorry if I have bored you. But I thought this was worth posting, hopefully it will help out some people. Excuse the red wiggly lines in the diagrams, I was using a 'wannabe' photoshop program which i'm not used to so didn't know how to get neat highlights.

Hope it's clear and easy to follow.

-Jonny
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Embed_00.jpg
Views:	1311
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	199721   Click image for larger version

Name:	Embed_01.jpg
Views:	1248
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	199726   Click image for larger version

Name:	Embed_02.jpg
Views:	1259
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	199729   Click image for larger version

Name:	Embed_03.jpg
Views:	1238
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	199738   Click image for larger version

Name:	Embed_04.jpg
Views:	1226
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	199739  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Embed_05.jpg
Views:	1242
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	199740  
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2011, 06:47 PM   #2 (permalink)

My HF Map location

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=212450
Old 01-06-2011, 06:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lmao, well, if I had seen that sooner I wouldn't have spent all the time making my own one. Still, at least now there's two on the forum, the more chance a newbie will see it and benefit from it.

(What a waste of time that was)

-Jonny
Old 01-06-2011, 10:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

No it wasn't Jonny. You know how many people have posted on the Belt form asking how to post images etc.?

Lots of people don't even go anywhere else.. lol
UPGl2AYDD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2015, 04:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

In 2011 the illustrations show that the interface had the paperclip but today it is missing. Prehaps it is because I use Ubuntu or Mozilla or whatever so if so just let me know. Without the paperclip this really is quite useless
1-prop-head is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2015, 04:57 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for pointing out that new browser software has been made available in the last 4yrs.

Maybe you're the person to provide the forum with an updated version for the incompatible software you own?
TRex600N, Kasama Head, OS50SX
copterboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2015, 07:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Make sure you are pressing the "post reply" button at the end of the thread.
The easier available "quick reply" option does not have the paper clip.

RC Heli Lounge on Discord : https://discord.gg/92HmhxWK
Tjomp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in