Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2014, 08:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Stock Main, Stretch Tail?

I have an HH BL kit on my nano. Installed it with the rest of the helicopter stock, and got severe TBO, I installed a lynx stretch kit with bullet blades. Last I flew it it seemed to bog and still blow out. Albeit stable, the helicopter was kind of slow or sluggish.

I'm in the process of a frame replacement (waiting for new bearings, rest is swapped) and will be installing the Xtreme 1.5mm dfc setup with stock hub. Also have a set of bullet and non bullet 85mm blades coming in. Has anybody tried lynx stretch boom and tail rotor with stock size main blades?
ThatVWguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2014, 07:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bueller? Bueller?

Also figured I'd ask about the Xtreme DFC setup. I'm still waiting for my replacement bearings and main shaft to come in, and will be out of town the rest of the week. I read that the DFC arms have a tendency to let go due to the small amount of threads engaged.. Would it be OK to turn them in slightly and then just raise the swash-plate for zero pitch?
Old 05-10-2014, 07:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

defanitly do the dfc as u suggested ... run the dfc arms fully tightened . and readjust the servo arms to recenter the swash.
Old 05-10-2014, 04:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Was able to keep the dfc arms at stock thread engagement, reached zero pitch at center with subtrim, got tired if messing with the rear swash plate arm, popping the rear A arm in and out of the AR bracket...

Also happened to look at the white wire going to the HH BL ESC wrong and it broke off

Was at LHS today to get a tail for my MCPX BL and passed on getting a new kit for the nano, Kinda want to set it off for a DBL BL conversion with stock length tail boom and blades. Question is, for primarily indoor hovers and mild 3D like 1/2 flips and inverted hover practice, and some outdoor bigger air stuff when the MCPX might be down, do I go Mild? Or Wild?
Old 05-22-2014, 12:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

So HH was kind enough yo replace my esc and wire part of the brushless kit, and I got the heli put back together. Few flights on it.

As a reminder... xtreme dfc kit, stock hub with guides cut off, lynx pro swash with rear guide, titanium main shaft, HH bl upgrade. Lynx 85mm replica 3d main blades, lynx solid stretch tail, lynx 42mm tail rotor. Stock everything else including stock blue canopy.

The tail bounce is still there during hovers, easily.fixed by actually flying it. I am running a flat 100% throttle curve, and 90% pitch travel, the tail hardly moves during pitch pumps. Heli still flies somewhat "floaty" but "pop" is decreased some. I'll take less pop over bog and tbo any day of the week.

What's nice is that this heli is still agile enough to do full flips (managing collective) inside the apartment. I'm not a good pilot and I can keep it within 5 foot for the whole flip.

When I turn the rates down to about 60% with 30 expo, I can easily annoy my girlfriend and 6yr old hovering over their heads. Very precise little helicopter now.

Anyway since nobody else had insight I figured I'd post my findings. Will try 100% pitch travel and see if tbo comes back. But for those with stretch kit and tbo problems with HH BL upgrade, try some stiffer stock sized main blades.

(I'm also flying with a dx8 now instead of dx6i but doubt all the difference is due to the radio.
Old 05-25-2014, 07:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

i took mine out for a flight today
it has the HH bl upgrade 7mm xtreme tail
MH swash and the red Oring kit (from ebay)
stretch 3d blades ,and air time skids .
everything went smoothly im using 90% collective also i still get a tad of tail blow out if i pitch pump hard ...the stretch blades make it more floaty that the stock main blades . im far from pro or expert p
but can do a flip in a couple feet or less .....
I did the MH swash and red Oring kit at the same time the result was smooth control over the nano with out it trying to go where it wants to . I can actually do hands off hover if im not in the wind
Old 06-03-2014, 07:24 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

The soldering on the BL kit is really bad. The signal, power and ground wires have come off on all 4 of the kits I own at one point or another. Easy enough to resolder. Between the soft wires and bad soldering job it is just very fragile. I had one of the 3 pins come off as well. That's a bit more serious to fix but doable.
ToddMcF2002 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2014, 07:56 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddMcF2002 View Post
The soldering on the BL kit is really bad. The signal, power and ground wires have come off on all 4 of the kits I own at one point or another. Easy enough to resolder. Between the soft wires and bad soldering job it is just very fragile. I had one of the 3 pins come off as well. That's a bit more serious to fix but doable.
I used some hot glue to glue the black white and orange wires down to the board. Now if I tug on them they are just pulling on the glue. Don't anticipate any more problems there. Just on day 22 of waiting for my replacement Xtreme DFC head. Stripped the threads for the control arm in one blade grip. Really missing this little bird since I got it looking all nice with a sweet canopy and bright yellow tail/main rotors.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah I've given up on the DFC heads. I have the Lynx head and it eats feathering shafts for breakfast. I also have the XTreme DFC and the adjustable arms are a liability. If the two kits could be combined to simplify the arms and use the bigger feathering shaft I'd be happy but that's not to be.

Meanwhile the two I have with Microheli heads fly like a champ.
ToddMcF2002 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2014, 10:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

As far as that Xtreme adjustable arm thing goes... Keep them turned in, and adjust the servo arms to push the swashplate up for zero pitch. I never had an issue with that part of the arm even with an inverted crash, and flying into a pole.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in