Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System

Align 3G FBL System Align 3G FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2010, 05:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Will it work with Hitec HS82MG?

Hi, i just ordered my 3G system for my 500, but i was just reading through the manual online and found that it says it requires Digital servo's because the gyros might burn out analog servos?

I'm pretty sure the HS82s are just analog servos right? Buying 3 more servo's is going to add allot to my already tight budget..

Are there any recommended servos to get? Will the align DS520's work OK? or do you guys recommend something else? I hear that flybarless heads put more strain on the servo's than usual...

Cheers...
Arven is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2010, 09:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I don't believe I saw a setting for analog or digital cyclic servos, so I guess only the digitals would do.

However, I am flying my 600 with below spec digital servos, and so far no ill effects. I am in the process of fitting my 500 with the 3G unit, and plan to keep the JR DS3421 servos I have on there. Will report back if I encounter any servo related issues.

Yes the DS520 was used over and over again to test the 3G system. It works perfectly with it.
steph280 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2010, 08:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arven View Post
Hi, i just ordered my 3G system for my 500, but i was just reading through the manual online and found that it says it requires Digital servo's because the gyros might burn out analog servos?

I'm pretty sure the HS82s are just analog servos right? Buying 3 more servo's is going to add allot to my already tight budget..

Are there any recommended servos to get? Will the align DS520's work OK? or do you guys recommend something else? I hear that flybarless heads put more strain on the servo's than usual...

Cheers...
Would you use an analog servo on the tail?
Same principles here. You are adding a HH gyro to the elevator and aileron.

Heads specifically designed for FBL have a different geometry to reduce the strain on the servos and maintain servo resolution. The servos work more because they are holding the blades, rather than the mechanical flybar. But, in either case, the servos are "on" and holding the swash in position, and I'm not sure that the FBL system requires more current for the servos than a mechnical system.

Rick
rickn816 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2010, 03:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hmmnm Yeah, thought so. Ok, 3 new DS520 servo's on their way over. Along with a brand new ESP kit!! Thought it was time to upgrade the whole airframe. I've had this 500 for about 1.5 years now! still goes mint but it worked out cheaper to get a whole new combo than to upgrade the bits i needed anyways (needed a new motor, and these servo's etc) so i'm going to sell my heli off and start with a fresh new flybarless ESP! And i get the fun of building up another heli..

Arg i don't want to look at the credit card now! Might need to sell my soul again to those heli devils...
Old 01-21-2010, 04:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Dang I love the way you think. I did the samething. Wanted to replace my old servos on the 600, ended up getting a whole ESP kit! I just see it as some expensive servos, and they throw in a whole heli with it.

Yeah, that's what I'll tell my wife. LOL!

By the way if you have the older non-ESP 500 kit, the linkage balls included will not fit the older swashplate. Found out the hard way...
steph280 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2010, 02:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by steph280 View Post
By the way if you have the older non-ESP 500 kit, the linkage balls included will not fit the older swashplate. Found out the hard way...
AHH! new one has bigger balls eh?! Another good exuse for an upgrade!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in