Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > 4G6 / V120 Series

4G6 / V120 Series Walkera 4G6 / V120 Series Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2015, 06:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Heli spins on Idle up mode

Hi, has anyone has the same issue of heli spins during Idle up after a flip? I couldn't hover mine at all after a inverted flip.

Flys normal on Normal mode. Had changed a gears but still cannot find the cause.

Please help.
stingrayfred is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2015, 08:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Maybe mainshaft up/down slop and tailgear is slipping

If your main shaft can move up and down, it can cause the tail gear to slip on the main gear. This might be most noticeable after a flip because you have reversed the thrust placed on the main shaft causing it to move up or down.

Causes could be the retaining collar is loose or if you are running a copper shear pin on the main gear sometimes they can shear but still have enough friction for the main gear to stay in place but move up and down a bit (and slip a bit).
Extreme Air Ninja 3.6 Channel
BirdBarber is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2015, 11:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks BirdBarber. I checked. No movement of shaft up and down. Suspect gyro fail. But I can fly smoothly in Normal mode. No slip at all. I changed all into new gears.
Old 03-01-2015, 04:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

do you have different a gyro gain set up for idle up on your radio, if the gyro gain is below 50% in idle up it could exhibit this behavior....
Old 03-05-2015, 01:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxide1 View Post
do you have different a gyro gain set up for idle up on your radio, if the gyro gain is below 50% in idle up it could exhibit this behavior....
No. Never adjust gyro gain on radio b4.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

The tail servo dead!!
danieljf is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2015, 08:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I will not be able to hover at normal mode if servo dead. I did changed to a new one too.
Old 04-13-2015, 11:46 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Which TX are you using?
My Dev7 has exhibited similar odd behavior where it has changed settings on its own.
I would double check your tail gyro gain setting in both modes. Also your D/R settings in all flight modes.
Even if you haven't changed anything. I know it sounds weird but it has definitely happened to me.
ChitownMatt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2015, 06:15 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChitownMatt View Post
Which TX are you using?
My Dev7 has exhibited similar odd behavior where it has changed settings on its own.
I would double check your tail gyro gain setting in both modes. Also your D/R settings in all flight modes.
Even if you haven't changed anything. I know it sounds weird but it has definitely happened to me.
Thanks ChitownMatt, I use the Futaba T6J. Infact, this is my 2nd gyro which I thought that the first one failed. I did not change anything on radio as I flew this heli b4 with my first gyro. Normal mode flying is perfect, but not idle up. Thought of replacing with gy280rx gyro but don't find feasible. May buy a used V200D03 so I can use with blue colour Kbar.
Old 04-20-2015, 09:14 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you are using a non-walki tx, then it is almost certainly programming related.
The symptoms you are describing would result from turning the tail gyro setting below 50%. So, find the setting on your TX and correct it.
ChitownMatt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2015, 08:59 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChitownMatt View Post
If you are using a non-walki tx, then it is almost certainly programming related.
The symptoms you are describing would result from turning the tail gyro setting below 50%. So, find the setting on your TX and correct it.
Thank you. Will try rectify it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in