Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gaui Helicopters > Hurricane 255

Hurricane 255 Discussion and support of the Gaui Hurricane 255

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2012, 07:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Flybar lengths...

I recently rebuilt my 255 head after a stuff,and fitted the long 154mm flybar,am i correct in thinking that this is the longer of two available flybars??? and if so how long is the shorter version,i have been looking through my suppliers sites but cant find the stock/short bar measurements anywhere.
The reason im asking is that i have recently for the 1st time used short flybars on my 200 with good effect and wanted to try a stock shorty on the 255 and havnt found any so far but i do have a 136mm H200 long flybar that may do the job if i had a length to compare to.
Anybody know? or could measure their stock F/B length to point me in the right direction.
Alex
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2012, 09:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,
The flybar are 154 long.

Myself I kept the length but reduced the weight to get quicker flip speed.

I have a spare FB head and few spare new flybars and paddles if you need them, PM me..
djelom is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2012, 02:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Is 154mm only option from gaui?

Thanks djelom
Do you know if 154mm is the only flybar listed for the 255 from Gaui,i seem to remember them listing 2 flybars for this heli???
Has anyone used a long H200 type at 136mm?
Alex
Old 04-23-2012, 04:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes I think the shorter one was the original length for the 200, but then they came up the longer version.
They both fit the 255 head,so you can try, but I'm not sure why you woud like to use a shorter flybar on the 255? Are you trying to slow it down?
Old 04-23-2012, 06:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default You hit the nail on the head...

Exactly that reason.
I do have a full compliment of the Gaui weights to play with but would rather go shorter flybar before loading up the head with extra weights.
Alex
Old 04-24-2012, 01:54 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi! You can try, maybe it'll suite you. My experience was that i remove weights when i wanted to get faster roll rates. But that made the heli more twitchy,and lost precision. If it's stability you are after i would recommend to put thelonger flybar longerweights.. Shorter FB will not make the heli more stable, and there is defiantly enough power to take the bigger weights..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in