Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Thunder Tiger Electric Helis

Thunder Tiger Electric Helis Mini Titan E325, Raptor E550 and E620 SE Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2014, 01:05 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yessir, that is our heli club field in Lehi, UT. If you are a real flight simmer you can download both the winter and summer editions of that flying field :-) They are under the photo fields.

Thanks sir,
-Adam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2014, 01:49 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Not impressed with my new Thunder Tiger e360.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaeloron View Post
... I know there is a cheaper main gear set but the bearing is a pain to get out of the gear. ...
Not sure if you've tried it but I've found that inserting the shaft/whatever goes into the bearing into it a bit then oscillating it while pulling back a bit gets bearings out of almost anything easily. I don't know if it risks damaging the bearing or its seat, but I've yet to notice any damage or loosening from it.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk
tstivers is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2014, 05:40 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Landefeld View Post
Brandon, I'm surprised you haven't asked me for any help on this thing or even mentioned the issues you are facing. We often fly at the same field dude! I hope you feel ok approaching me about stuff like this, and if not... please do!

There are some aspects of setting up this ESC that make it challenging if you don't have a history of experience with "governor store" type ESC's. I can show you how to get it set up and very stable. I'm reasonably sure you've seen my e360 flying and know that I don't have any of the issues you are describing here, and I think that is mainly because the information you need is fairly hidden on getting the proper setup (read that not your fault).

I would be extremely happy to go over the whole thing with you, should only take 20-30 minutes and then you would actually be able to enjoy the thing ;-) I am completely impressed with how the e360 flies which is surprising because I usually have great disdain for small helis.

Bring it out on Sunday, Saturday looks to be bad weather... I am convinced you can at least get it flying well enough to like or dislike it :-)

Anyway, this is how we can get yours flying for sure!

-Adam
Adam, you are always immensely helpful and I wouldn't have my x50 flying as awesome as it is without your help. You are one if the most helpful people I know in a hobby where everyone is helpful. I just got the e360 so I haven't seen you at the field since buying it. Unfortunately the last attempt to fly it slammed into the ground when I flipped to idle up (still not sure why as the curves seem to match in both idle up an normal) and it resulted in a boom strike that bent the boom and a broken rudder servo linkage guide so I am down waiting for parts. Regardless I will have it with me Sunday. I know from watching you fly that its a capable heli and that greatly influenced my decision to buy it so I am not ready to give up on it yet as I am starting to push myself harder and I need a daily flyer now that I have walked away from Blade. Your video was helpful in assigning channels in the GT5.1 but it still wouldnt give me throttle control on the satellites.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:12 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Awesome! lets get it sorted out for sure. Let me check my parts stash and see... I may have everything needed to fix it. If so you can use those parts and just replace them when you get yours in.

Later man,
-Adam
Old 02-28-2014, 06:53 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Slighty off topic chaps, but do you know if the E360 canopy will fit an MT V1? I really want the green design for my V1.
I currently have the E325S V1 canopy, but its only available in red...

cheers...
nickyd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2014, 11:41 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nick, I really have no idea... I wish I knew and could help you on that one. But I will see if I can find out!

-Adam
Old 03-02-2014, 03:09 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Me and Adam spent a few minutes with the e360 at the field and we got it working now. Seems that for some reason it was really not liking the governor but once we turned it off it spooled up great. I will get some more testing in once I get the parts I am waiting on and then I will get an update posted. Thanks again Adam.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:00 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Finally got a chance to test it out a bit. This heli flies awesome now that we turned off the governor and it has tons of power. Seems to get pretty decent flight times too but I still haven't opened it up. Gyro will need some tuning but overall I am happy with how its flying.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:22 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Glad you got it sorted So the governor is built into the ESC?
rcnorth is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2014, 02:55 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcnorth View Post
Glad you got it sorted So the governor is built into the ESC?
Yup. Built in and turned on by default. I recommend anyone that gets this heli just turn off the governor. Its a night and day difference. The 2 flights I got today we're great and I am so impressed with the power. Now it's time to start working on the gyro. I would like it to be more locked in but that is clearly just a matter of getting the gyro settings right. Every heli I have had needed a touch more gain than normal and I suspect it's due to elevation.
Old 03-04-2014, 10:30 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have been fighting the ESC wires when putting the canopy on but today I realized that the lower canopy mount is removable and the wire routing didn't really allow it to be used anyways. The canopy stays fine without it but removing the mount makes the canopy much easier to attach. I am working on getting the P values set now and the tail was already close but I just can't seem to get enough on cyclic. I am already at 105.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:54 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have you assigned a channel to change the overall swash gain on the GT5.1? If you don't have that setup and able to increase overall gain (default is 50 and static if you don't assign a channel) you'll chase increasing everything else too much and end up with maxed values all over the place.

-Adam
Old 03-05-2014, 05:27 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yup. I didnt understand the total gain feature at first but now that I figured it out it makes perfect sense and I like knowing I can instantly drop the gain if I overdo it but I am doing my tuning with 100 total gain. I assigned it to a switch like the manual suggested. I got the tail locked in now and the swash is getting there. This heli gives impressive flight times for its size. I would be curious to know how much swash gain others are using as I am at 110 currently. I am pretty sure I have the total gain working right since I used it to dial in the tail and it worked as the manual said it should. As I understand it total gain is gain for the swash and tail.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:13 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Glad everything worked out. I was just looking at getting the regular Thunder Tiger Mini Titan E325 V2 450 size Flybarless Helicopter and right away spending the $40 for the extension. The extension comes with the larger canopy so I would say the 360 will fit the 325.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:44 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just make sure the extension is for the v2 if the canopy is included.

v1 and v2 canopy are different
nickyd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2014, 12:13 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

From what I can see it looks like the only one they are selling anymore is only for the V2. The other one has been discontinued.
Old 03-08-2014, 12:43 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

You can still get an E325S from Tower. That's a v1 FBL.
Old 03-08-2014, 02:28 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWeber View Post
You can still get an E325S from Tower. That's a v1 FBL.
Sorry I was talking about the extension kit not the heli. You can also get the V2 belt FB from rc711 for $200
Old 05-12-2014, 09:41 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Landefeld View Post
Have you assigned a channel to change the overall swash gain on the GT5.1? If you don't have that setup and able to increase overall gain (default is 50 and static if you don't assign a channel) you'll chase increasing everything else too much and end up with maxed values all over the place.

-Adam
Adam - I'll be maidening my E360 within the next week or two. I have extensive experience with the AR7200BX (BeastX) and was wondering if you could comment how its flight characteristics compare with the GT 5.1 as configured for the E360? I have a spare AR7200BX available and really don't want to spend hours tweaking the GT 5.1 if its default configuration is not really dialed in. I fly fairly serious 3D (tic-tocs, rainbows, flips, funnels, lots of inverted) and run 5% TX expo with BeastX cyclic response at high or very high, and pitch boost set to low.

Also, to confirm the ESC settings, should I only need to confirm that the governor is turned off? Thanks in advance!
Old 05-13-2014, 05:21 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

We turned off the governor on mine only due to the issues we were having spooling it up but in retrospect I think this could have been resolved by messing with throttle curves more. I think that the DX7s might output throttle curves differently than other transmitters and this may have been my issue. I can't speak to the 3D flight performance as I only fly sport but in my very limited experience it took quite a bit more tuning to get it to my liking than my AR7200BX did on my 300x or my X50. I do like the GT 5.1 quite a bit though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in