Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Ufly

Ufly Walkera Ufly Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2010, 08:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Ufly Receiver change out

Has anyone changed out the Ufly receiver to work with the 2801 Pro with out putting it in 2401 stick mode? I'd like to know what's the best receiver to accomplish this.

Thanks,
Cleric is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2010, 11:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleric View Post
Has anyone changed out the Ufly receiver to work with the 2801 Pro with out putting it in 2401 stick mode? I'd like to know what's the best receiver to accomplish this.

Thanks,
I think djfuji went seprerates once but went back to the original setup, but other than that I've not heard of anyone esle doing it. The only way I know of is going separates. As for now the best rx for this bird is the 2428 or the 2609 but the 2428 has the better gyro. I know the 2428 can be bound in 2801 mode but you want like the results unless you want to buy some new servos. I tried it with the stock rx and it was real screwy and thats what caused my tail servo to burn up on me. Your better of just setting it up in 2801 mode and binding in 2401 mode to fly. You can also set up hot keys to link to some of the 2801 settings while in 2401 mode.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default UFLY set up

I got this helo as a starter and it had some issues. The tail rotors weren't tight and the screws fell out the first flight and keep falling out so I glued them in. Also, does anyone have the reciever settings dialed in yet? How should I set the "extent" and the sensitivity? I'm basically doing it by total trial and error right now? Any help appreciated for setting up. I also took off the flybar weights.

jandpc4176 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2010, 11:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandpc4176 View Post
I got this helo as a starter and it had some issues. The tail rotors weren't tight and the screws fell out the first flight and keep falling out so I glued them in. Also, does anyone have the reciever settings dialed in yet? How should I set the "extent" and the sensitivity? I'm basically doing it by total trial and error right now? Any help appreciated for setting up. I also took off the flybar weights.

You have to adjust the main and tail blades when you first get it. As for the "EXT" adjust to your liking but just to let you know if you get it turned down to low it will be more difficult to fly. The "Sensitivity" is your gyro setting just adjust till you get the tail to hold the best, thats how I did mine. As for the "EXT" you would be better off using your radio if it allows D/R & Expo I use the Walkera 2801 Pro. Just make sure your swash is level front to back and side to side and make sure its balanced correctly.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks, I'll try it with the original settings first. I should get it in tomorrow so we'll see.
Cleric is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2010, 09:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks, I'll turn up the extent to 2/3 and then start adjusting the sens until the tail holds. Also, the head shudders at low rpm any idea why this might happen?

How did you learn to balance and level the swash? This is literally my first helo. I can hover pretty good but havn't the slightest idea how to set up. I have all the tools but don't know what to do other than make sure the swash looks level after binding and making sure the fly bar is level etc.

Is there a procedure that is easy to explain?

Jon
jandpc4176 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2010, 08:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
the head shudders at low rpm any idea why this might happen?
Check and make sure your main blades are not to tight or to loose. I have my main blades tight enough that when extended I can turn the heli on its side and they stay until I give it a little shake

Quote:
How did you learn to balance and level the swash?
Just browse the forums and ask questions. Read the thread here and watch the setup vids by Finless and you'll learn a ton.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Thanks, I'll turn up the extent to 2/3 and then start adjusting the sens until the tail holds. Also, the head shudders at low rpm any idea why this might happen?

Jon
Mine shudders when I get the main blades too tight.
js349 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in