Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2009, 06:58 PM   #241 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Assurance doubtfully will warranty it for you directly. You need to go to the hobby shop where you bought it and see what they say.
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2009, 08:43 PM   #242 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

There are three authorized Align distributors in North America: Assurance, HeliProz, and Grand RC. Their customers are the hobby shops. You need to work with the hobby shop where you purchased it -- they have a relationship with one of these distributors.

Don
Don McCullough is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2009, 07:11 AM   #243 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi there,

I have a question about my 450 PRo
In all the vids bert alan or lukas have extremly powerfull stock setups
I run same stock parts but if i increase my pitch +/- over 12° my tail won't hold correct and drift a bit

what the heck did they do with their 450 s so that it works fine with them?

Is it my flat 100% throttle curve?
should i smooth it up?

thx
4DPILOT is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2009, 02:35 PM   #244 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I started out with the Super Pro Combo then sold it. Not only did I not flip the blade grips I also set the tail right in the middle, set the limits and stick banged the heck out of it. So before even doing anything Finless said to do I still had a rock solid tail.

Now I have sold that I have gone all separates GY520+3500G and Hitec 5065MG servos. I did flip the tail blade grips this time and biased it about 8°. Tail is seriously locked in now.

If you have a drift and you are running Spektrum rebind. If it is still there it must be a gain issue. Flip the grips like Finless said to do and reverse everything to match. Make sure you are finding center in rate mode this hasn't changed. Everything else you set up with the GP750 is in Heading Hold mode.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:11 PM   #245 (permalink)
Registered Users

HeliSmith, What was your experience when installing the aftermarket servos?

With my 5065MG servos, I had to file away a little bit of the plastic in the mounting holes of each servo case. At first I tried to open up the holes in the CF frames a little bit so that I could reposition the top metal bracket, but in the end the only way I could get the cyclic servos to fit properly and still have the main shaft in alignment was to modify the servo cases themselves. That being said, it was an almost perfect "drop in" fit and I recommend this "upgrade" for this helicopter as the 5065MGs are really nice servos.

With my 3500G tail servo, I notice that it is consierably smaller than the Align servo. The solution I found for installation was to remove the rubber grommets and use big 2.5mm washers to attach the servo to the mounting block. It is secure, but perhaps someone has found a better solution?
Justin Stuart is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2009, 04:06 PM   #246 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I didn't file my servo cases. They catch on the edge of the face? Didn't notice.. I will look at it again tonight. They went right in though..
I used big washers on the 3500G as well.

What I think after flying both helis as my own. The Super Pro Combo is pretty darn good and if you play with the servos to get less than 30 subtrim you would be hard pressed to see a difference in flight. The 5065 servos seem to be spot on precise though with no interactions at all. Like for example you don't have to work as hard to keep a tic toc straight. But could just be all in my head too, that is how subtle of a difference we are talking.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:08 PM   #247 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bob, I just completed my Pro build and thanks to your wonderful video's it took me a lot less time than it would have without them. Thank you for the time and effort you put in to all your video's very much appreciated.
Pete1111 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2009, 08:02 AM   #248 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Thank You BOB

I'm Tommy from ITALY. (FRANCIACORTA near Iseo Lake)
I followed your BUILD VIDEOS and this the result. I mount Curtis Youngblood paddles and a SKORPION motor with a KONTRONIC 55A ESC instead the original parts. Very beautiful I hope...
Thank You a Lot.
Excuse me for my bad english...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fin1.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	203.0 KB
ID:	107041   Click image for larger version

Name:	fin2.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	200.0 KB
ID:	107042   Click image for larger version

Name:	fin3.jpg
Views:	410
Size:	176.4 KB
ID:	107043   Click image for larger version

Name:	fin4.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	189.6 KB
ID:	107044  
Tommystre is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2009, 08:08 AM   #249 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Nice build! Watch that your ESC power wire does not hit the pinion and get cut! It's happened to some people already.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2009, 02:21 PM   #250 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Bob et al.

been following your setup videos to get my Trex up and runing again. Got to the CCPM setup and I'm having problems. Basically one of the front servos stops before the other two meaning that as the swash plate approaches the top of its travel its tilts markedly to one side. I've tried playing with the end points to increase its travel but it doesn't seem to do anything unless I wind it right down. I had to replace the servo gears a while ago, is it possible that I messed it up in some way, limiting the servo function? I'm using a Hitec Optic 6 which also has a swashpalte menu where you can set percentages for the three servos, can this be used to sort this problem out?
Kington99 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2009, 05:11 PM   #251 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

How much subtrim did you use on that suspect servo?
Old 07-23-2009, 11:17 AM   #252 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliSmith View Post
How much subtrim did you use on that suspect servo?

only 5% unfortunately, any other ideas?
Old 07-23-2009, 12:40 PM   #253 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If you switch the servo positions, i.e. plug another servo where that one is and it where the other one was, does the new servo now display the same problem?

I don't know this Optic 6 too well but now I am interested...
Old 07-23-2009, 03:35 PM   #254 (permalink)
Registered Users

Right, a really interesting test. I swapped the aileron (one playing up) and elevator plugs. From playing with the collective and cyclic it becomes evident that that servo will not rotate clockwise past a certain point. This is displayed when i roll the cyclic left to right, one way both the servos work, the other way the suspect servo rolls a little and then stops at the same point. Long and short - it's the servo not the programming. Is it worth delving any further or shall I just get another, they're pretty cheapo hi-tec HS55s. This rebuild is the result of a stupid blocking of the motor cooling port resulting in blowing the motor and ESC, any chance this could have had an affect?

The optic 6 is a fairly low end digital Tx, only £80, but fairly easy to use and this is the first one I've owned.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:47 PM   #255 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I never rebuilt that servo but it should be worth pulling it apart and seeing if there is in debris inside of it.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:59 PM   #256 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bloody stripped servo! Gear swapped, servo now giving full travel, swashplate staying flat a all collective levels. Who knows, I might actually get this thing flying again one of these days. Thanks HeliSmith for your help, I owe you one.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:39 PM   #257 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ah good we didn't have to get into the optic 6.. Thank god!! hehehe It's my pleasure.
Old 07-26-2009, 02:14 AM   #258 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi all, I have a very slight tail wag at hover. It's not noticeable anywhere else, any ideas? I have done Bob's reverse grips mod.
Pete1111 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2009, 04:39 PM   #259 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You can't dial down the gain to get rid of it? Where is the gain at now?

If you've done all that then run out the usual suspects. Play with different head speeds and note if it is from vibration, look for vertical or horizontal vibrations on the fins, try tightening up your tail blades, make sure it isn't tracking poorly in a hover, reroute the wires completely isolated. Locate the C4 and see if you can blast it out.. just kidding about the last one
Old 07-27-2009, 01:25 AM   #260 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliSmith View Post
You can't dial down the gain to get rid of it? Where is the gain at now?

If you've done all that then run out the usual suspects. Play with different head speeds and note if it is from vibration, look for vertical or horizontal vibrations on the fins, try tightening up your tail blades, make sure it isn't tracking poorly in a hover, reroute the wires completely isolated. Locate the C4 and see if you can blast it out.. just kidding about the last one
Thanks I'll try all of the above, except the last one

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in