Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Electric Helicopters

700 Class Electric Helicopters 700 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2014, 05:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default 700 Dominator Top Tail Torque

I am asking for a friend at the local field. His 700 kicks the tail out about 10 degrees on a pitch pump. We have adjusted the BeastX and enabled revo mix but its still kicking a little bit.

Has anyone else experienced this? Would stepping up to 110mm tail blades work? The ball is on the outer most hole on the 4 way servo horn. Stock Align kit.

Spartan Vortex, Scorpion Motors, ExperienceRC Batteries, OMG Servos
FrSky Taranis
DaveHolland is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2014, 07:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I don't know beastX, but I wonder if outside servo arm hole is optimal for him. I.e. torque vs. speed...
Old 11-16-2014, 09:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

the new 700E's have a high tail ratio. you really shouldn't need bigger then 105mm tail blades.

I was getting some bad tail kick in ptich pumps and the tail would bark, I was using too much tail pitch. the new tail linkage on 700E has nearly 45 degrees of tail pitch. it you are in a hover the 45 degrees of tail pitch is just going to stall the tail blades.
Lynx
el guapo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2014, 05:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Agreed, the stock tail gearing and 105mm blades provide plenty of authority. There shouldn't be any issue with excessive tail kick.

I am not intimately familiar with the Beastx, but most units have a dedicated tail torque precomp that can be adjusted to counter act this. This parameter typically "blindly" feeds in whatever desired rudder you have programmed in to counter act the sudden torque change you might see in a pitch pump.

Keep in mind, the amount of torque the current crop of 700 class motors produces makes it very difficult for the rudder to hold during aggressive collective maneuvers. Some units handle this better than others. You may be able to tune out the kick in a simple pitch pump, but in turn, create an undesired tail kick during tic tocs. There's a happy medium, which also involves a certain finesse on the sticks.
dchekas is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2014, 10:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Yes the 800mx sure does have some torque. Like I said earlier its for a friend at my field, I run the Scorp 4035 which has significantly less power as I feel I dont need that much.

He looked at his tail again today and adjusted the tail rod to counter act torque in a hover. So essentially set up for rate mode flight. He mentioned that helped so that might have been all it was. I also remember having to do that on my Align 700 a few years ago.

Thanks all and Darrick for the input.

Spartan Vortex, Scorpion Motors, ExperienceRC Batteries, OMG Servos
FrSky Taranis
DaveHolland is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in