Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Esmart

Esmart E-Sky Esmart

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2009, 04:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Help setting up...to begin with

Hi Esmart users,

I need your expertise and knowledge...

Around 3 months ago I bought an used Esmart 600. It came with motor, Eflite 60 A Pro Switch mode ESC, & servos. I am getting it ready...

To begin testing, I connected everything (included a BEC). I did not attach the main blades to begin with.
Now, when I power it up and apply throttle, I notice 2 things:

1) The "soft" start does not seem to be that soft.
2) I just spool it up and draw 3/4 amps (checked w/ watt's up), but after a few spools (3) of just 10 seconds max, the esc gets hot.

Is this normal? I suppose it is not, with such a low amp draw and a bec.

By the way, when I was working with the rod links & servos (no motor) and remember I still have the bec, after 10 minutes on, the Eflite got hot again...

Well, I decided to check with a Dynam 70 Amp who had been in my 450 crash... The esc got hot too doing the same spool up's...but I don't know if the Dynam got damaged with the crash...

I have no way now of knowing whether the esc (both) are not working properly or should it be the motor??? If the motor is wrong, would it even spool up?

This is just the first of my problems...What advice can you give me???

Thank you very much!

Locitur
Locitur is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2009, 10:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I use a Tower pro 70amp ESC on mine. I originally used a BEC and the speed control would get so hot during hover that you could hardly touch it and eventually would start glitching. The recommended ESC is at least an 80 amp, but I already had this one. I did away with the BEC and went with a 4 cell flight pack battery for the servos and so far no glitching and the ESC stays cool as long as I'm not hovering for extended periods . I don't do 3D, just easy forward flight and hovering so the 70 amp should do fine. I am also using the stock pinion and main gear along with the original wood blades.
acam37 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2009, 02:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If your ESC gets hot during hover, then you might want to try increasing your throttle curve. (try 0-36-75-80-100) The head speed might not be enough with the pitch and is drawing a lot of amps,making the ESC hot.
damyxz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2009, 07:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I will buy and try an 85 amp esc. Once I get it and try it I'll post the results!

Thank you!
Old 03-09-2009, 02:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Well, finally I got a CC80, together with a SportsBec. I had a couples of flights and everything went perfectly, until I noticed during flight that the vertical fin seemed to be moving...
I began landing procedures, and as I was 2 feet high the fin just fell down, luckily without touching the blades. It was a windy day, and I had a hard time flying my CopterX 450, but the Esmart was a pleasure to fly. Really stable and solid!
Now my 450 seems too small!
Old 03-10-2009, 01:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

lol, I know the exact feeling you're talking about, everytime I fly my E_Smart I keep thinking, why do they bother making smaller helis.
nuttcaze is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in