Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > For Sale Forums – KNOW your buyer/seller ratings! No Price bashing. NO FIREARMS > Scale Helicopters, For Sale

Scale Helicopters, For Sale *No Commercial Ads - Scale Helicopters Only

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2015, 10:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 500E using 450 pro mechanics $350

I'm selling a scale-like Hughes 500E I have enjoyed flying but am not using much any longer. I'm doing more light 3D now.

I believe this was an older Align brand Hughes 500E style fuse made from fiberglass cloth. I have the windows NIP but never installed them in my build.

The mechanical is a 450 EXI Pro carbon fiber frame, running a belt tail. It has HS65MG cyclics and a Futaba 9257 tail. I did not cut the frame in anyway, so reverting to a pod and boom could be done if desired. There is a RJX "style" FBL head and a spare that with swash/shaft from another 450 that has been converted to DFC. Power is a 2700kv Helidrive SK3 running 3S resulting in a 2,100 hs for a more "scale like" experience. An Align 35 amp ESC with a Turnigy 3 amp SBEC wired in provides power to the motor and servos. The belt tail is driving an Align "Sport" tail block. 350mm Outrage main blades plus a NIP set provide lift.

I can sell this as bind-and-fly with a Robird FBL unit and Spektrum DSMX 6210X with attached SAT, or these can be removed. The Robird has a "pigtail" USB connector to allow easy attachment to your PC for fine-tuning the FBL unit. The USB cable from the PC to Pigtail will be provided.

I have not real idea on market value for something like this, so I'm starting at $350 shipped for the heli without the FBL / DSMX stuff.

Add $50 for the Robird
Add $50 for the RX & Sat.

I fly this bird with two 3S packs wired in parallel. I will provide an XT60 adaptor to connect two 3S packs. A 2200 below (red velco strap) and 1300 above (black strap) balance the heli nicely and provide a 8-11 minute flight time depending on the quality of your packs. I have pondered a 2700 size single but have not tested this. 500E fuses tend to be tail heavy so you need some weight up front.

I expect shipping will be in two boxes, with the heli partially disassembled to fit in the boxes. Tracking and insurance provided.

Like all heli RC this is a no-return sale.

PP only. Shipped within the USA only (priority mail I expect).

Reasonable offers and questions welcomed.

Video of an early flight:
Hughes 500E scale (3 min 41 sec)

Thanks for looking.

Last edited by blade_crasher; 07-15-2015 at 12:51 AM.. Reason: No interest - removing from FS
blade_crasher is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
450 hughes 500e

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in