Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flight Stabilization

Flight Stabilization Flight Stabilization

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2010, 09:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New CPll owner ;)

Hi guys,

I'm new to helis and after doing some reading here I decided that the CPll was going to be of great help to shorten my - long - learning curve. I'm a good hovering "pilot" but as soon as I try something different I head for disaster...

Thing is that I drove 45 minutes to FMA in Frederick MD; got my kit, and what's more important I got to talk with Howard Matos and the other guys. A really helpful and friendly bunch. Howard gave me a briefing on how to setup the computer and it really is more simple than I thought.

Back at home I installed the hardware on my Furion 450 which is now a big ball of wires with blades. As soon as I can test and see that all is good I'll tidy up the wiring as good as I can.

I have one question for now: I connected the gyro servo on channel 4 (RCV4) . Is this necessary? After the setup I passed my hand close to the main sensor and the swash started doing all kinds of things so I believe the connections are good. I set on/off on the Aux 2 switch.

Thanks for all the info here that made everything easy to install. As soon as I have the opportunity to test (rain rain here...) I'm sure I'll come back with more que4stions

Bests
tribe3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2010, 09:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have one question for now: I connected the gyro servo on channel 4 (RCV4) . Is this necessary? After the setup I passed my hand close to the main sensor and the swash started doing all kinds of things so I believe the connections are good. I set on/off on the Aux 2 switch.

Installing the gyro in RCV4 is if you do not have any extra channels on your Rx , this will allow you to use the On / Off function

If the main sensor is reactive to you passing your hand by it, it working

nightflyr is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2010, 11:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nightflyr, I have the gyro Gain wire into the rx gear channel and I plugged the rudder/gyro servo into RCV4... Does it hurt this way or do I just put it back into the receiver's Rudder channel?

I have a 7 channel RX (AR7600) so I guess I have enough channels.

One more question: In your experience are the default trimmings good to go on a normal/mild day? Or does it take some tweaking to get the heli to hover decently with CPll ON?

Thanks
Old 03-26-2010, 11:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribe3 View Post
Nightflyr, I have the gyro Gain wire into the rx gear channel and I plugged the rudder/gyro servo into RCV4... Does it hurt this way or do I just put it back into the receiver's Rudder channel?

Sorry no cupie doll, you need in put the gain lead from the gyro into the RCV4 port of the CPII Avionic computer and the tail servo into the Rx, in doing a quick setup the programmer will ask if you have the gyro plugged into RVC4, then ask for a gain value in % ...start with 28 and add or subtract as you need.

I have a 7 channel RX (AR7600) so I guess I have enough channels.

One more question: In your experience are the default trimmings good to go on a normal/mild day? Or does it take some tweaking to get the heli to hover decently with CPll ON?.
Thanks
The default settings work well,
The only trick to get a good hover is to pop the bird up and see if it drifts.
If it does you can do one of two things...

1) tweak the main sensor (tilt it) to correct for the drift.

2) set flight angles to correct for the drift.

Basically both the same, I just tweak the sensor myself..its faster for me

Old 03-26-2010, 04:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ok now; I did my first flight (2 batteries) and I'm VERY pleased!!!

It was in a confined place in my backyard; just had stopped raining so it's overcast and the grass very wet. I couldn't do very much but enough to feel how it recovers when you let go the cyclic. It flies almost as easy as my blade msr I'm amazed of how relatively easy it is to install and setup!!

About drifting: It drifts to the rear and to the left. I fixed the left drift by tweaking the main sensor like you suggested and a little bit of trim on the TX . Now about the backwards drift... just trim the TX or go into the IRNet programmer?

Thank you Nightflyr for your support!!
Old 03-26-2010, 04:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You can set flight angles or if it is rearing back at you, it means either it is see some heat source or the main sensor it leaning forward , you can try to get it to lean back and that may stop the backwards drift.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in