Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters > 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2015, 07:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Using the eflite 450H motor on the 450Pro

Has anyone tried this?? I've been looking around for a while now trying to find a video where someone has done it but alkl I keep finding is where people have mounted it on the blade 450X which I know is a good bit lighter than the 450 Pro since It has a plastic frame and stuff.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this motor if someone has used one on a 450 pro or equivalent, I'm just curious if it would be a enough motor for my 450 pro. I can get a pretty decent deal on one right now and I have held the 600 eflite motor in my hand and it was very nice so I was just trying to see if this motor would work well or not. I do know the 450 heli motor has a 40a continuous current, 55A burst current and its 3600KV which isn't toooo far off from the align 450MX. I wouldn't really say i'm looking for a crazy upgrade or anything cause I've never had a problem with the align 450MX motor, I'm just trying to get rid of this older align 450M motor on my other 450 pro so I can use that to practice rewinding and have a newer maybe slightly better motor to replace it with without spending $75-$100 since I'm really not looking for much more power if any. but worst case I may just get another 450MX motor.

Thanks guys/girls!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2016, 12:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did you ever get an answer for this? I'm in the same boat now where I could use the EFlite H450 in my new 450 Pro build or get an Align 460MX instead.
Old 06-04-2016, 06:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLsteven View Post
Has anyone tried this?? I've been looking around for a while now trying to find a video where someone has done it but alkl I keep finding is where people have mounted it on the blade 450X which I know is a good bit lighter than the 450 Pro since It has a plastic frame and stuff.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this motor if someone has used one on a 450 pro or equivalent, I'm just curious if it would be a enough motor for my 450 pro. I can get a pretty decent deal on one right now and I have held the 600 eflite motor in my hand and it was very nice so I was just trying to see if this motor would work well or not. I do know the 450 heli motor has a 40a continuous current, 55A burst current and its 3600KV which isn't toooo far off from the align 450MX. I wouldn't really say i'm looking for a crazy upgrade or anything cause I've never had a problem with the align 450MX motor, I'm just trying to get rid of this older align 450M motor on my other 450 pro so I can use that to practice rewinding and have a newer maybe slightly better motor to replace it with without spending $75-$100 since I'm really not looking for much more power if any. but worst case I may just get another 450MX motor.

Thanks guys/girls!!!
I'm bias but I will tell you the Align motor will have a lot more power. You're 100% correct that the Blade heli is lighter than the Align. Here are videos of me flying both, you'll notice a bigger difference at the end of the flight. I'm not knocking the eflite motor, you can have fun with both. But the Align will have more power throughout the flight flying the same amount of minutes using the same size battery. You just need to weight the cost vs performance and what fits your needs.

Flying my Align 450 Pro with an Align motor
Mickey Johnston powered by gens ace (3 min 59 sec)

Flying a Blade 450X with the 450H motor.
Horizon Hobby / Blade 450X (4 min 4 sec)
mickeyjohnston is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2016, 02:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Blade motor is crap... (mod does not work by the way)

Blade 450x Motor Bearing Mod (9 min 24 sec)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in