Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters

Mikado Logo Helicopters Mikado Logo Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 08:35 PM   #81 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTM View Post
I'd say it was designed to be useable with 12s and 715 blades, but was designed specifically to handle much more power than your typical 700 class 12s motor, and swing bigger blades in the 720 to 750mm range.
Um, I wonder why Mikado didn't call it a 750 like the Rush 750 that is sold in a 700 configuration? I just checked and the L700 'combo' is a 713 blade 12s....OK answered my own question....
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2012, 08:41 PM   #82 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by zguy View Post
Yes, but I'm asking if you've measured yours and can separate out the battery weights?
Guess it was not obvious in my posts that I do not have a L700. I'm just one those speculative peeps in this thread hanging out and chatting.
OnTheSnap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2012, 09:11 PM   #83 (permalink)
NTM
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehof View Post
Um, I wonder why Mikado didn't call it a 750 like the Rush 750 that is sold in a 700 configuration? I just checked and the L700 'combo' is a 713 blade 12s....OK answered my own question....
Nothing new, logo 500 works with 500mm but is best on 550mm.
Logo 600 will swing up to 640mm, 690mm on the se.
It's just how those crazy germans roll... they build for the future, not just today.
NTM is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2012, 09:26 PM   #84 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote, "Um, I wonder why Mikado didn't call it a 750..."

Most guys who've followed the evolution of the Logo 700 from the Logo 800, know this (but for those fresh into the conversation since the release of the 700):

The drive train starting from the motor mount through the pinion and CB, main gear, 14mm main shaft, swash plate, rods and ball links, all three M/S bearing blocks and servo mounts, tail drive system, TT and tail gear box etc., all the way back to the T/R blade grips, is directly off the Logo 800.

So although the frames, head, tail boom length, fin size and canopy have been downsized to 700 class (although the head is still huge for a 700 class heli), the rest of the machine is an 800, which can handle a steady diet of 14S abuse with a larger disc as seen in the below vid.

Keep in mind the vid is of a 15 pound Logo 800, which digests a 14S 5000mah pack in 3 minutes. Essentially the same heli can EASILY handle 700 class power systems with a RTF weight of 12.5 pounds (average) swinging by comparison little small 713's.

Kyle Dahl Explores the Performance of the Logo XXtreme (3 min 8 sec)

Oh BTW, check the move @ 2:40. It still amazes me the heli doesn't explode or boom strike when doing that. And the dampening in the 700's head is stiffer than on the 800.

(-: Dave
dahld is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2012, 10:32 PM   #85 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheSnap View Post
Guess it was not obvious in my posts that I do not have a L700. I'm just one those speculative peeps in this thread hanging out and chatting.
Yep...Missed that!
zguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2012, 10:44 PM   #86 (permalink)
The Capi

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
...whiplash were comparable

hehehe

Well Shawn you managed to talk Santino in getting a 700, I look forward to fly it
Old 11-30-2012, 10:48 PM   #87 (permalink)
Registered Users

The goblin is easier to see than even my heli because of the boom and it is a bit smaller, but saying it is around 12 pounds means 11.8-12.2, not 12.5+ and No im not getting one, but im just discussing it, and put 713s SE on your heli jh and see if it doesn't heat up a bit and slow it down.

The logo 600 has a stick pack and rolls as good as any other 600 and is the best to me in the 600 class but the 630 is not in the same class, the l700 is in the 700 class...anyway when the hot summer comes around and stuff is cooking and packs are heating up then 14s will be a must for this heli for the most of us non collective management flyers .....like my self.

And this designed for the future, Synergy, Whiplash, Compass, Goblin and other helis can take big power setups also even bigger than there recommended and 14s, the more power you put into a heavy 12s 700 the less good you do until you change the voltage.

The truth is there probably hinting towards a plastic frame with all this future talk, just say it
strokermtr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2012, 11:04 PM   #88 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominicD View Post
hehehe

Well Shawn you managed to talk Santino in getting a 700, I look forward to fly it
he helped me make my mind up for a logo 600sx
Old 11-30-2012, 11:11 PM   #89 (permalink)
NTM
Registered Users

There's not much weight in the frames though, negligible weight savings there with a molded frame.
The head is hugely overbuilt, as is the torque tube assembly. That's where the weight is.
750mm blades at 2100rpm wouldn't be scary at all. And would be fun
NTM is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2012, 11:59 PM   #90 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

As said they being mikado can call it a 700 if they want to, as Dave pointed out Mikado 101 its nothing new typically there as 500 can take 560mm mains, 600 can take up to 640mm mains and so on...

I have relayed things without comparisons. I purposely did that to avoid telling what other helis had for issues and to avoid arguements. For those nitpicking with speculation I'd appreciate leaving that out unless you own one or have flown one with genuine complaints or comments that is far more constructive. I could make a whole other thread off topic to talk about other helis that are so called on par and speak fact of real existing issues as well... But I will not. Discussions are good but arguing what model number is written is well ridiculous no? And if you are saying you are not buying one that's perfectly fine but what do you fly or who do you fly for?

As far as myself, Dave or anyone associated to mikado telling or speaking of what mikado does or may do in future will not happen and can't. As is mikado is very private on such matters and that is fine.

Hope everyone has a great evening and weekend.

Last edited by OICU812; 12-01-2012 at 01:56 AM..
OICU812 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 12:21 AM   #91 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahld View Post

www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKfUbGYA8ts

Oh BTW, check the move @ 2:40. It still amazes me the heli doesn't explode or boom strike when doing that. And the dampening in the 700's head is stiffer than on the 800.

Indeed Impressive a few wouldn't survive that no.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:17 AM   #92 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
For those nitpicking with speculation I'd appreciate leaving that out unless you own one or have flown one with genuine complaints or comments that is far more constructive. ......

? And if you are saying you are not buying one that's perfectly fine but what do you fly or who do you fly for?
Shawn, it is totally unrealistic to expect to control the content of a thread like this. You can't ask for comments to be made only from folks who own one. Some of us were looking forward to the L700 and were disappointed with the LARGE form factor of the L700. We are just venting our frustrations.

FYI, I fly whats in my sig line and I don't rep for anyone...
Old 12-01-2012, 12:36 PM   #93 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Alright fair enough but no one can truly says how it will fly for them till they fly it, that's reality. Whether you or anyone gets or does not get one makes no difference to me at all really. I truly like way it flies and I've owned all that's in everyone's sig line so ill say that if you do get a chance to try one please do and see how you like it. I was NOT 100% on board on the Logo 700 and its sheer size etc..and had same thoughts and mentality and I changed those feelings and worries after only a few flights.

See what ya think if you do get that opportunity.

Meanwhile ill try some assortments of power systems and settings etc see where things go. Cold as heck here so no flying for this guy for awhile!
Old 12-02-2012, 02:33 AM   #94 (permalink)
Registered Users

My viewpoint is this, for mikado to make just another 700 weight and size from marketing strategy doesnt make sense, to argue this heavy flies like a lighter machine is physically impossible, apples with apples gentlemen please. That it flies awesome and That Kyle can prove it, sure, for some more than others. In the end yes its big and yes its heavy, some like it some dont, i like it, more than my raptor e 720, no i dont, i like em both, they are 2 different machines, my e720 has much better power to weight and it shows, the logo more presence....and it shows, which is why i said many moons..eh sorry posts ago, why i think theres room for other 700's in your arsenal, disagree if you want as much as you want, this is my opinion, trying to convince me otherwise, dont hold your breath!.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:16 AM   #95 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahld View Post

www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKfUbGYA8ts

All I can say is Wow.
Sorry for the OT but what Rpm and what blades was on this 800 , Dave?

Sent from my iApfel using Tapatalk

Regards Janis
Vom Feinsten is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2012, 02:46 PM   #96 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Stolla no ones telling you to ditch e720 at all. If folks want to own all they can but I choose to not. I can't afford to either both in money and time. I never said it would fly like a 10lb TDR or much lighter heli of course it is not. But it surely does not show many oddities that some other helis show and regardless of weight and power I can not keep a heli with a crap tail, one that has phasing issues, poor quality bearings etc etc etc...

All that said e720 was one of the better I tried for sure.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:06 PM   #97 (permalink)
The Capi

My HF Map location

Since I am already involved in this thread I thought I would ask a question I've had for awhile. With the release of the Logomobo 800 and 700 we have seen what appears to be a radical departure from the traditional Mikado design. Past logo designs had a very light blade loading due to a very light machine. The 700 and 800 are the exact opposite with a design towards rigidity and robustness, with perhaps a heavier blade loading (I don't want to start an argument).

My question is has Mikado designer/s changed their approach to heli design ? Is this the road we can expect future Mikado products to drift towards or is the design change only due to the size and class they are in ?
Old 12-02-2012, 04:16 PM   #98 (permalink)
Registered Users

@ Vom Feinsten,

Q: "...what Rpm and what blades was on this 800 , Dave?"

That video was made mid to late 2011, so that would be the time when Kyle as using Edge 753's on the 800 (same chord as on the 813's, just a shorted blade).

Head speed was 2000 and the set-up used more collective pitch than when flying the 813's.

dahld is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2012, 11:44 PM   #99 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Stolla no ones telling you to ditch e720 at all. If folks want to own all they can but I choose to not. I can't afford to either both in money and time. I never said it would fly like a 10lb TDR or much lighter heli of course it is not. But it surely does not show many oddities that some other helis show and regardless of weight and power I can not keep a heli with a crap tail, one that has phasing issues, poor quality bearings etc etc etc...

All that said e720 was one of the better I tried for sure.
On a lighter note...and not to hijack the thread.....

Many moons ago, when I flew pattern, there was a pattern plank called the "EU-1A"

And it immediately gained the moniker of the "U812".....

So when a pilot showed up at the contest with a "U812", he was told...."OICU812"

Did you ever fly pattern.....with a "U812".......?

EEngineer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2012, 09:28 AM   #100 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

L700 looks like a nice bird for sure, robust, looks like it will hold up well to a beating for hundreds of flights. Can't wait to see one in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Synergy N5C sitting in Box...
Mystic3D is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in