Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2013, 09:36 PM   #361 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJay View Post
OOOH if I had a dollar for every time I said that... I could have another heli or four.

Looks good. LOTS of power for a 300x that's for sure.

-J
Yea, I'm thinking about putting a 11t pinion to calm it down a little. There's not a lot of overhead for the governor. I'm busy this weekend, so I'll try it next week.

As for spending, yea I know its famous last words, but Im gonna try not to do anything stupid with it for a while. I've gone back to the sim more lately as I fell like Im stuck a little. Gotta rehearse the fundamentals more with splattering stuff as often
/ 180cfx, 300x, X3,X4-II, Protos 380, Chase 360, x5, Logo 480, Gob 380, Gob 500, Gob 570, Warp 360, 450x, forza 450/450ex, T-Rex 600 Dom, Logo 600, DX9, 1973 Ford f100, Traxxas Summit/Bronco/Bandit/X-Maxx

"Everyone wanted his soul, all he gave them was a smile" - Steve Marriott
Diogenes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2013, 09:49 PM   #362 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhammer View Post
Got some stuff in the mail..microheli 450 low profile skids. Thinking of painting the struts black and leaving the tubes polished
Longhammer,

Great looking bird and I like the struts like they are. What canopy is that, Fusuno or Canomod or else.....?
krdavis28 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2013, 08:11 AM   #363 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Blade 300X pictures thread - post your pics

but much, but I like it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1373116240793.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	433604  
Johnwhipple is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2013, 09:31 AM   #364 (permalink)

My HF Map location
Default Blade 300X pictures thread - post your pics

I like it!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk for iOS
BladeScraper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2013, 10:06 AM   #365 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't think the canopy is either fusuno or canomod. I purchased it from heli direct. I ended up doing the struts black. The orange was a bit to pale for my liking..thanks for the comments! I like the way it looks, just wish it was flying right now. Waiting on new edge mains to show up. The blade cf blades that are on it now are no good. The brass bushings at the root are different sizes which is causing a bit of an imbalance.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:22 AM   #366 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Try the Edge 253's Or Gaui 255
Old 07-08-2013, 10:56 AM   #367 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I don't think the canopy is either fusuno or canomod. I purchased it from heli direct. I ended up doing the struts black. The orange was a bit to pale for my liking..thanks for the comments! I like the way it looks, just wish it was flying right now. Waiting on new edge mains to show up. The blade cf blades that are on it now are no good. The brass bushings at the root are different sizes which is causing a bit of an imbalance.
Different sizes from each other or different from the blade grips? The Gaui blades fly nice and are pretty aggressive. But you'll need extra shims. The root of the blade is much thinner than the blade grip. Also, the microheli blades are OK. Mine were unbalanced but nothing a little tape doesn't fix.

Citlzen #006 • Blade 360 CFX • Goblin 500 • Blade 700X
lkagan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2013, 01:18 PM   #368 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up Just Checking...

Quote:
Longhammer, I use the Edge 253mm on both of my 300Xs and I think you'll like them alot. Both sets I purchased long ago were well balanced and tracked beautifully; a mark of an Awesome CF Main Blade & Tail Blade manufacturer.

Just checking though...do you have a set of the BLADE 450X main blade Shims already?

You'll need these or something similar to fill in the gap in the main blade grips:
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ade-Shim-Set-4

The Edge mains for me added even more stability and a bit of 'float'. All in all, Great CF Blades.

*An older photo...
Old 07-08-2013, 02:22 PM   #369 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3L72 View Post
Longhammer, I use the Edge 253mm on both of my 300Xs and I think you'll like them alot. Both sets I purchased long ago were well balanced and tracked beautifully; a mark of an Awesome CF Main Blade & Tail Blade manufacturer.

Just checking though...do you have a set of the BLADE 450X main blade Shims already?

You'll need these or something similar to fill in the gap in the main blade grips:
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ade-Shim-Set-4

The Edge mains for me added even more stability and a bit of 'float'. All in all, Great CF Blades.
Lucky.... I don't have Edge blades on my 300 yet. I need to hurry up and crash the Blade carbon blades I have. I've been very impressed with the Edge blades everywhere else I've used them.

-J
BigJay is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2013, 02:53 PM   #370 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJay View Post
Lucky.... I don't have Edge blades on my 300 yet. I need to hurry up and crash the Blade carbon blades I have. I've been very impressed with the Edge blades everywhere else I've used them.

-J
BigJay, I didn't really have an issue with the BLADE CF Hop-Up Main Blades but to me, at the time I got them to replace the stock wood main blades, the BLADE CF main blades just felt 'more-of-the-same' with the given ability to run 100% Throttle Curve.

In all honesty back then, I purchased the Edge CF main blades to see if they added any 'value' to the 300X. When I found out in that first flight that they did, I purchased the second set for my other 300X. I would of tried out the GAUI main blades but those were like finding a needle in a haystack.

Many things I really like about how the Edge blades transform the 300X; simple things like being able to swing the tail out and slide the 300X 'smoothly' in a high speed figure-8...the added stability that seriously helped my noob learning curve. Good Times!
Old 07-08-2013, 03:46 PM   #371 (permalink)

My HF Map location

http://www.helidirect.com/gaui-cf-25...20-p-31079.hdx
Old 07-08-2013, 05:02 PM   #372 (permalink)
Registered Users

My new style.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	434160  

Citlzen #006 • Blade 360 CFX • Goblin 500 • Blade 700X
lkagan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2013, 07:39 PM   #373 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Here is Mine

After today's mods.....I really like the way this bird fly's. Just put in the Scorpion 2213-14 motor with a 12t pinion.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	167.7 KB
ID:	434236  
moparherb is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2013, 08:33 PM   #374 (permalink)

My HF Map location

how you liking the Scorpion?
Old 07-08-2013, 09:19 PM   #375 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparherb View Post
After today's mods.....I really like the way this bird fly's. Just put in the Scorpion 2213-14 motor with a 12t pinion.
Which esc do you use with the Scorpion motor, if you don't mind me asking ?
I am wanting to put that motor in one of my 300's but I am not sure which esc to go with.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:54 PM   #376 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just put the Scorpion in today and it is very smooth and a lot quiter. I'm using the stock ESC which I may end up being sorry for, but we'll see. If I have ESC isues I'll change it out.
moparherb is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2013, 10:32 PM   #377 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up No Waaay...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intergalactic View Post
LoL Intergalactic, I just put in an order with HeliDirect yesterday. I could of put in an order for a set to try out! Thanks for the link.

Back in July 2012, those GAUI 255s were Always 'Out-of-Stock' or not available and after getting the Edge CF main blades, I guess I just stopped looking.

I have those GAUI blades on my wish list now and will get a set to try out on my next order.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:19 PM   #378 (permalink)

My HF Map location

sounds good. Report back when you get the results.

I don't even own a 300X and I'm shopping for carbon blades already because I know the stock ones suck
Old 07-09-2013, 05:52 AM   #379 (permalink)
Registered Users

@ BigJay..I do have shims for them, I remembered reading somewhere on here that they would be necessary. The brass inserts on the blade cf mains were completely different sizes (ill put a pic up when I get home so y'all can see what I'm talking about) mind you this was right out of the packaging. I am bringing them back to the lhs and exchanging for new ones. This reminds me of the "new" out of round main gears I used to buy for this bird. Starting to think the QC dept at HH don't show up to work very often, or they're napping on the job
Old 07-09-2013, 06:11 AM   #380 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If it's any comfort I got a set of 450X CF blades where one of them had "loose internals" - you could shake it and make music with it -it's the new maracas blades from HH!

QC = Quit Controlling...
Radio: Spektrum DX8 Gen 1
SHYguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in