Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters > 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2016, 11:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Beginner Trex 450 Pro setup and servo problem

Hi,

I just bought Trex 450 Pro. It's high change for me because I was only flying cheap RTF kits before. I have some problems with setting up my DX6i.

I followed the settings from this thread :
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=71419

But my "AUX" channel behaves differently than it should (at least I believe so).

There's couple of photos on lower settings, and "maximum pitch". (everything like in this thread, except throttle curve is at 0% all the time)

nautral/ zero

max pitch

I believe whole head should go up. Now two of the three servos goes up.

Thanks !

Last edited by TowPilot; 09-03-2016 at 11:32 AM.. Reason: 640 Tags
Peter6 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2016, 01:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is a flybarless bird and requires setting up accordingly. If I am reading the displays correctly, you have set it up for flybar.

You need to follow the instructions from your flybarless gyro manual, not from that thread, which is for flybar.

Which FBL controller you have?
Dr.Rudder is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2016, 01:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Perhaps you need to reverse one of the servo directions. Make sure that you have your swash setting to 1 servo 90*. Also it would help if we knew what FBL controller you are using.
Old 09-03-2016, 04:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Wow. That's kind of a big mistake on my side.

It's spektrum AR7200BX. I'm looking for beginner settings, meaning no inverted flight. What about constant head speed? That guy said that it's good idea.

Old 09-03-2016, 04:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is the swash moving properly now?

It is important that the beastx is setup properly, after you get it set up you need to double and triple check it. Important things to check besides control directions include; swash level at mid stick, swash compensation direction, and rudder compensation direction.

As far as beginner settings go, that gets handled in the TX with the dual rates and expo, as well as pitch and throttle curves.

Maybe start out at a rate of 60 or 70 and expo 30 to 40. As far as the pitch curve goes and keeping some negative to help in the wind try 45 45 50 75 100.

As far as a constant head speed and spool up goes, many people do away with a normal mode that ties the throttle control to the pitch. The issue with having a normal mode is as the head speed decreases you lose some control authority and at the wrong time that can be bad. I personally have no need for a normal mode so I typically use a flat throttle curve at 80 and again at 100. Be aware if you use a throttle number that is too low for too long your esc can burn up from stress. It is important for gearing and throttle % to match up so you are operating your esc in its range for efficiency(typically 60% and above).
Old 09-03-2016, 05:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I didn't change and of the setting yet. Can you post some settings? I can modify them but no idea where to start. I tried looking for fbl setup but couldn't find one.
Old 09-03-2016, 05:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

The 450X settings might be the close to the same since it came as a FBL. If not perfect it should get you very near. The only thing that might be different is swash type so if 1 servo 90 doesn't work try 3 servo 120.

Hope it helps.

Here is a link to the manual that has DX6i settings and a couple others:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/BLH4380-Manual_EN.pdf
BrokeDad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2016, 05:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks. I will try it when I will get home..
Old 09-03-2016, 05:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Take a look here at some you tube videos that show you how to do a setup.
A Main Hobbies' RCTalk: How to Setup BeastX Flybarless Gyro System, Part 1 of 3 (4 min 30 sec)

Unfourtuantly there is no way that you can just edit a setup a little bit and it will work for your heli. Even with two identical helis the setup is going to be a little different between them. After you do it once of twice though it's not so much of a chore. Remember to triple check everything, setup is not something you can get close enough and it will fly.

Please, please, please take the rotor blades off and or disconnect the motor of the heli before trying to set it up. At best if you make a mistake without doing this you will end up with a broken heli and worst case injury to yourself or others.
Old 09-03-2016, 05:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post
The 450X settings might be the close to the same since it came as a FBL. If not perfect it should get you very near. The only thing that might be different is swash type so if 1 servo 90 doesn't work try 3 servo 120.

Hope it helps.

Here is a link to the manual that has DX6i settings and a couple others:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/BLH4380-Manual_EN.pdf

In the TX it needs to be setup 1 servo 90* and on the FBL you need to select 3 servos 120*.
Old 09-04-2016, 09:25 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

First thing - thanks for all guys !

I followed AR7200BX Manual. This video was good but it was easier to follow written instructions. This heli was used, so everything was near perfect. I reset my transmitter profile and rebind before doing it.

Then I used DX6i settings from Blade 450x manual provided by BrokeDad. Did everything the same except I changed swash type to 120*. Logical, because my swash is 120*, right ? Well...

I tried heli : powered it with power supply set at 11V and 0.6A max. It allowed for fast servo movement, but not motor start. To test pitch I set throttle curve to 0% in all positions.

Here I observed what swash was doing... and it was doing weird stuff all the time. When pitch went up, swash moved up and on the side, etc...

But I found one post on some forum (can't find it now, I was searching my browser history for 10 mins now). One guy wrote that with this gyro, input signal must be in 90* mode (transmitter must be in 90* mode).

And then I saw that HeliLust wrote to set DX6i to 90*... twice. Guess I need learn to read too.

It worked. Now when I increase pitch, whole swash moves up, with keeping its level. I did short test run in basement with throttle set to flat 20%. Heli was blowing air where it should be and swash was tilting in correct way. I needed to reverse pitch, rudder, and aileron. Last one is extra, probably did something wrong in configuration of gyro.

I'm really excited because I can finally fly my heli. Need to wait for the next day, it's too late now.

Now I will probably ask questions about setting it correctly to fly. Or about parts and rebuild. Who knows

Thanks again !
Old 09-04-2016, 10:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great to hear that you are making progress twards getting it airborne. You probably need to check that the swash is not only being controlled in the right direction but also compensating in the right direction as well to do this simply lift the helicopter by rotor head and move it off of level. If it's compensating the right direction that swash will try to remain level.

Also the same needs to be done for tail controls. If you manage to get these things done correctly you should be left with a helicopter that is at least controllable albeit it maybe a rodeo once airborne.
Old 09-04-2016, 10:27 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Swash type in your dx6i must be set to 1 servo 90 if you don't have that option it will say normal. Do NOT set the radio to 120. Set the 7200bx to 120. If they are both set to 120 the radio will fight the FBL and most certainly crash the helicopter. That is why the radio is set to 1 servo because it gives control to the 7200bx which is set to 120 3 servos.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in