Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters > 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2013, 02:00 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

I went with the X3 myself. All it took was watching the video of JC flying at 1800 RPM.
Now that I have flown it from 2400-3200 RPM. It has plenty of tail authority at any RPM. The larger canopy really makes it easy to see.
justinspicer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2013, 02:09 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I went with the X3 myself. All it took was watching the video of JC flying at 1800 RPM.
The problem is how does it fly for a normal person at 1800? I would like to see that plus see a flight of 15-18min.. I went with the 450l because I have seen videos of normal folk still flying like a flee on crack.

I was close to getting a x3 because I prefer plastic over metal, but seems like finding parts for any gaui x heli is a pain
michael88997 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2013, 02:36 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't really think either heli is going to disappoint...

I am like a kid over the Holidays, looking out the window for a FexEx man that won't be here till tomorrow! lol
Old 09-09-2013, 03:00 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think parts for the 450L with be easier to find since everyone and their grandmother (yes grandmother) sells align stuff....that being said there are plenty of guys out there flying Gaui stuff as well and I'm sure by next week the Gaui parts will start to show up at the shops. Both are great helis, I will have my X3 tomorrow, will be nice to try something different for a change.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:13 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetblue2135 View Post
I think parts for the 450L with be easier to find since everyone and their grandmother (yes grandmother) sells align stuff....that being said there are plenty of guys out there flying Gaui stuff as well and I'm sure by next week the Gaui parts will start to show up at the shops. Both are great helis, I will have my X3 tomorrow, will be nice to try something different for a change.

+1
Old 09-09-2013, 03:26 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Im sure they both will be awesome.. I hope someone has a x3 at SRC coming up so we can drag race ... probably once the parts catch up with the gaui I might get the frame and transfer electronics over and try it out. hard to beat for 200 bucks and have a completely new heli(besides electronics)
Old 09-09-2013, 03:45 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's why I ended up getting an X3, bought mine over the labor day sale, couldn't pass it up for $188 shipped!
Old 09-10-2013, 12:09 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I am running a flat 100% in the video, it dosent give headspeed numbers in this manual, Ill do a HS calculator real quick.....looks like between 3853 to 3400 from the beginning of the pack to the end of the pack. I believe that both birds are going to be great, I perfer the look of the Gaui at the moment, it is much more simple!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	null_zpsa32c04d5.jpg
Views:	741
Size:	130.6 KB
ID:	449761  
Surfrjeff is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2013, 11:32 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

I like the third bearing support on the x3. I've also grown to like the plastic similar to the mini protos. The 450l seems like a typical 450 pro dfc with new servo layout that doesn't work well with mks servos, a stretch kit, and an electronics kit that pushes their servos, the 3gx, a cool looking motor, and their overpriced esc..

IMHO, high power 360mm blade machines need 3 bearing support, bigger stronger gears, and bigger diameter main and feathering shafts.

The only two things I don't like about my mini protos is the lack of lower gear ratios (120:15) and lack of thrust bearings in tail grips. The x3 addresses both of those. (131:9) lowest ratio.
kpod is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2013, 12:24 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

when will your x3 be flying? I am eager to know how they compare in flight.. I wouldn't mind buying a frame and using the electronics for both helis
Old 09-11-2013, 01:14 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default X3

I will have the x3 flying today, just waiting on some spin blades to show up. I should have a flight report and some pictures later. I'm running a pretty conservative setup on the Gaui but I think it will still be a great machine.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:24 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice thread. What's the tail boom diameters on these? X3 looks quite a bit thicker.
Also interested in the all up weights.
Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 4
Old 09-11-2013, 04:52 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Helis

I'll get a boom diameter for ya when I get home, I did a few flights on the X3 this afternoon, still gotta do some dialing in on the flybarless system. Feels really good in the air. I'll hope to have a video up tomorrow!
Old 09-11-2013, 09:17 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfrjeff View Post
I'll get a boom diameter for ya when I get home, I did a few flights on the X3 this afternoon, still gotta do some dialing in on the flybarless system. Feels really good in the air. I'll hope to have a video up tomorrow!
How does it feel vs 450L?
Old 09-11-2013, 10:09 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 450L & X3

Quote:
I would say that the build quality between the two are very comparable, Even tho the Gaui was made almost entirely with plastic, excluding tail grips, swash, carbon frames, and main rotor housing. The plastic used is high strength, and the machining was great. This bird is incredibly light without electronics and I am willing to bet in the air its going to feel awesome like its bigger brothers. The align kit comes pretty blinged out. As usual the milling is fantastic, all the carbon and aluminum came without defect. I am thinking that this will crash better, it feels like a miniature tank ha. Ill take some more pictures with the canopy off and post them up. The build did take a bit longer on the X3 and thats mainly due to the fact that you have to build every little piece, in my opinion it was laid out better and the manual was spot on. The align was pretty much like any other bird that they make, the manual was ok, if you have built other align 450's in the past you will only need it on a few parts of the bird.
Couldn't agree more..I flew the X3 and it was awesome. The plastic thing worry me less. The material is strong enough to take the crashing impact. Bigger main blade grips, larger spindles, larger tailboom and strong plastic tailset. flying with 6cells motor with 40Amp ESC does the job. the only problem I got from this kit is the OWB thing. Somehow in the manual, they suggest to put on some lock tite or CA glue to the small metal cylinder that holds the main shaft and the round metal piece that screwed to the tail drive gear, which I did. After a few flight, that thing starts to loose due to some amount of torque and that I got no control over the tail and bring my bird down. Few of my friends who build this x3 also had the same issue on this OWB. I hope the factory come out with a better solution rather than fix it with glue or any idea on how to really fix it tightly so it doesn't get loosen again? I got to admit to give more credit to Align over this issue. I never had this with Align helis.
stvmcll is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2013, 10:14 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

15mm Diameter on the Gaui and 12mm on the 450L. Until I get the Gaui close to the movement as the 450L I will be able to give a better opinion, The gaui has a little less power due to the motor I have in it but so far its Verv responsive and the tail feels a little better than the 450L at the moment.
Old 09-12-2013, 06:40 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
15mm Diameter on the Gaui and 12mm on the 450L. Until I get the Gaui close to the movement as the 450L I will be able to give a better opinion, The gaui has a little less power due to the motor I have in it but so far its Verv responsive and the tail feels a little better than the 450L at the moment.
Im not sure what kv range motor you need for the Guai x3 but I got this motor on my mini Protos and its a beast. Most powerful motor I have ever had on a 450 heli. Its for a 6s set up

http://www.scorpionsystem.com/catalo.../HK_2520_1360/

The scorpion 2520 motors are beasts. Im sure I saw Scorpiion will release two other 2520 motors for the x3 soon. One will be for 3s 3500kv and another for 6s 1490kv. These will be the motors to get and im sure will match the dominator motors from align for the 450L

GAUI X3 with Scorpion 2520-3500kv prototype 3S Lipo (3 min 54 sec)

GAUI X3 / Blades 360mm - Battery 6S / Video TWO (4 min 10 sec)
dl5973 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2013, 08:00 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default X3 OWB

I had the same problem on my last flight, the shaft started to slip on the tail drive gear assembly. Took everything apart and used some epoxy. Should cure that problem. Those scorpion motors look sick!!!
Old 09-12-2013, 01:36 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

450L looks like a low rider compared to the X3
Old 09-12-2013, 03:16 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Subbed due to the awesomeness of the thread content, I'm like whoa I can't be the only one wanting either the 450L or the X3 and curious about the difference between the two.
QueadlunnRau is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in