Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters > Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme

Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2014, 05:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 800 Xxtreme with RC Booya quick canopy connect

Was able to mod xxtreme 700 RC booya quick disconnect to fit the 800 xxtreme.

After looking for information on doing this mod and was not able to find any information on doing it, I decided to order the RCBooya 700 xxtreme quick canopy connect and modify to work with the 800.

I knew that I would eventually loose the pins that came with the standard system, I needed something less likely for me to loose.

Yes, the canopy fits together as well as it did with the stock canopy pins allowed.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
fletch3d is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2014, 06:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice! What did you have to modify because it looks like the standoffs are straight.
Logo 800 // Logo 700 12S/14S// Logo 690 // Logo 400 // Mostro 700E's// Whiplash 700E// Gaui NX7 // Gaui NX4 // Gaui X4 // Gaui X3 //Goblin 570 // Trex 250 // TBS Discovery /Naza M2 // Jeti DS-16 // V Control // Jlog // BD3SX// VBar Neo// Lifetime AMA
guyguerra is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2014, 07:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yes. They are still straight. Had to modify the lengths of the standoffs

Old 05-28-2014, 07:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Standoffs were cut to 28.10mm in length which leaves enough thread for 8mm hex screw to hold the standoffs. They fit great going straight although I did have thoughts of bending the standoffs.

Old 05-28-2014, 11:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I also knew I would eventually lose the cotter pins.

Found a source of re-placement pins that are almost identical and work great.

Comes 25 pins to a pack for $1.77

http://www.zoro.com/g/00056611/k-G2263222/

FWIW
EEngineer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2014, 06:56 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Awesome. Thank you for the source. I had tied florescent orange bands to mine just in case I dropped them, and that helped as well. All my other helis have quick releases on them, so I wanted to make it work on this one as well.

Old 05-29-2014, 11:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch3d View Post
Awesome. Thank you for the source. I had tied florescent orange bands to mine just in case I dropped them, and that helped as well. All my other helis have quick releases on them, so I wanted to make it work on this one as well.

NP, Fletch

You did a lotta great work there.....

Didn't want to steal your thunder...

I think it's a good idea to have a rear canopy post with a ~0.4mm hole for such a cotter pin.

If you're really budgeted....lol...just go to your local office supply store and buy a box of small paperclips...they'll fit....

FWIW
EEngineer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2014, 06:15 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you EEngineer. All great info as you gave is awesome. We need to give everyone all the info available so that people can make educated decisions. I just wish that Mikado made a better canopy connection option that didn't include small parts that can be lost easily. IMO

Old 05-30-2014, 09:04 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile

I went thru worries about loosing these pins for a long time. Once I left them at the field, once I lost them in the back of my SUV, and both times had to use twist ties to fly, which I was sure the grommet could pull over it with the right pressure, making me paranoid.
I was at my LHS and showed the clip to the mechanic there. He grabbed a bag of about 100 of these and gave me a handful. They are the same size and strength of the Mikados. I think they use them on the RC cars so check there. Once you have 20 or 30 you won't worry about it anymore. I had a carry bag bag made for my 800 (I can post link if wanted, it's a member here that makes them and it's very nice to have) and it has a pocket so I keep them in there. Problem over. I don't have the O rings but I'm sure they have them in the plumbing section at hardware stores which I'll pick up someday. Per Fletch's advice I will even look for the color o-rings.
Logo 800 // Logo 700 12S/14S// Logo 690 // Logo 400 // Mostro 700E's// Whiplash 700E// Gaui NX7 // Gaui NX4 // Gaui X4 // Gaui X3 //Goblin 570 // Trex 250 // TBS Discovery /Naza M2 // Jeti DS-16 // V Control // Jlog // BD3SX// VBar Neo// Lifetime AMA
Old 05-30-2014, 09:09 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

That is great guyguerra, I have been looking for a bag for this heli. We are always on the road and having a bag for this would be a huge deal for me. Please send me the link, very interested.
Old 05-30-2014, 09:46 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Heres the link: https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=574030 , you'll see my bag on post 17 with my comments. It really is a great bag, pricey, but one off units are more expensive than production units. I sent all the dimensions, so Russ knows the bag size for a Logo 800. You could have hime reduce the hight 1/2" if you want it snug (it won't be tight reducing it 1/2", but I think it would be a better fit. Heres one of the pictures with measurements to give you and example. If you are going to use the Vario Skids like I did the bag needs to be 1" taller. I would consider selling my bag for $50 less than what I paid so that I can have one made an inch taller to fit the Vario Skids. My bag is still working but it's pretty tight (Vario Skids are 1 1/2" taller than stock). I can't commit to this yet as I'm hoping the bag will stretch a little as I'm making a car trip this week and the movement and heat might make it stretch enough. I LOVE this bag! Apologies for getting off topic, you could PM me if you need more info, but Russ (never met him) knows his stuff and is very trustworthy.
Old 05-30-2014, 09:56 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

He now has online ordering as well for the bag. Thank you so much for the information.

http://www.canvastraining.com/sunsho...t_detail&p=865
Old 06-03-2014, 05:15 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Like it, so you just shortened them to 28.10mm and it all still fits fine? If so I will grab a set too

The stock system is a royal PITA but the fit once in is superb, much better than the original. If the fit is as good at the back etc I'll order them now

Thanks
Old 06-03-2014, 08:00 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: 800 Xxtreme with RC Booya quick canopy connect

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamin_00 View Post
Like it, so you just shortened them to 28.10mm and it all still fits fine? If so I will grab a set too

The stock system is a royal PITA but the fit once in is superb, much better than the original. If the fit is as good at the back etc I'll order them now

Thanks
Hello..

I am attaching photos of the canopy from behind so you can see how it fits with the quick release. As I mentioned, it fits as well as it did with the stock standoffs. It was never perfect because of the way it came from the factory with a slight spread at the very tip because of the way it was cut/molded.

Old 06-03-2014, 09:55 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

What's causing the gap at the back? I've had 5 canopies, 4 of them I still have and I don't remember seeing any of them with a gap like that. I'm wondering if you have a defective canopy. Also, could you tell me how your picture was posted? Every once in a while I see a picture that opens right in the thread and causes the replies to shrink because the picture is so wide. I mostly read helifreak on my pad so it gets hard to use a thread when that happens. I've been curious for a while so I figured I'd ask you. I back to the canopy, I don't know how old it is, but I'd try to send it back.
Old 06-03-2014, 01:18 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ya, it has a slight defect in the back of the canopy where the mold didn't quite fill all the way. Not worth the trouble in sending it back, it works just fine. When using your ipad, you can either attach a photo, or insert a photo. I inserted the photo into the post. Attaching the photo will give you images to click on at the bottom of the post.
Old 06-03-2014, 03:32 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ok cheers
Old 06-09-2014, 10:36 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ended up sending the canopy back for a non defective one. Guys from mikadousa.com are awesome.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Last edited by fletch3d; 06-09-2014 at 07:02 PM..
Old 06-09-2014, 06:39 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine was warped on the bottom and one of the magnets was broke loose from the epoxy. They gave me an 85.00 gift certificate. I remounted the magnet and will try one of the guys oven tricks to straighten it up.
Old 06-11-2014, 03:55 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mikado USA is great to work with, I'm glad they did that for you.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in