Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > RealFlight Flight Sim

RealFlight Flight Sim All versions of RealFlight Sim

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2008, 04:14 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Like the real thing, I never run the sim out of fuel. Just flies too long

I have noticed with other sim helis that the fuel seems to last almost twice as long as the real thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2008, 11:43 PM   #22 (permalink)

I finally ran out of Fuel!!! I found that if you pull up the NavGuides you can add 'Fuel Remaining' and Battery Remaining'. It's easier to hover for that long with a goal on screen.

Question about the Intrepid EB:
It will only get off the ground in idle up. Is this normal?
alljeep is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2008, 01:29 PM   #23 (permalink)

i see these are the varients. wheres ther origionals? i have the G4 and it has no bergen and the add ons wont work. any help?
bry14661 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2008, 06:37 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It's in one of the expansion packs. I don't recall which one.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:16 AM   #25 (permalink)

It's in Expansion Pack 1.
Flightlutions is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2009, 01:50 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Bergen Intrepid for Real Flight 4.5????

Does anyone know of a working model for version 4.5 sim of a Bergen Intrepid. I started with version 4 so I do not have any of the earlier expansion packs nor does it seem that they may work in v 4.5 - Since I am up to my backside in snow and cold and going through helicopter withdrawal any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:24 PM   #27 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck4040 View Post
Does anyone know of a working model for version 4.5 sim of a Bergen Intrepid. I started with version 4 so I do not have any of the earlier expansion packs nor does it seem that they may work in v 4.5 - Since I am up to my backside in snow and cold and going through helicopter withdrawal any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
Don't get the Add-Ons and Expansion Packs mixed up. Add-Ons are free downloads for G4.5 (5 total, of which 4 have been released), whereas Expansion Packs 1-4 are available for purchase and are compatible with G3.x and G4.x. Expansion Pack 5 is G4.x only.

That being said, the Bergen Intrepid 90 and Intrepid Gasser are both on Expansion Pack 1.
ChrisH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2009, 10:12 PM   #28 (permalink)

Default Anyone know RealFlight on Windows/Mac?

Is anyone familiar with running Realflight G 4.5 on a MacBook Pro. I have just installed Parallels, Windows and RealFlight G4.5 on my brand new MacBook Pro with the fancy new graphics card and 4 GB of Ram. Ought to work great, but...

I can't get Real Flight to see the controller. It accepted the serial numbers but when you start the software it gives us the message "No authorized Interlink found. Make sure your Interlink Elite is plugged in and try again."

Is anyone familiar with this message? I will try Great Planes, but fear I may get the dreaded "we don't support that" reply due to the Mac platform.

My son has waited patiently while we worked through that the old PC he had would not run this new version, then waited while I was out of town for a week. He deserves a break but I have been at it for hours and am stumped. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks.
BillTampa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2009, 10:47 PM   #29 (permalink)
HF Support

I am running G4.5 just fine on a MacBook Pro! It runs very smoothly and is more than enough as far as graphics requirements go.

That being said, Parallels will NOT work. You must use Bootcamp so you can boot into Windows. Once you've done that, everything works great!
Old 01-13-2009, 09:41 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trexflyer02 View Post
I am running G4.5 just fine on a MacBook Pro! It runs very smoothly and is more than enough as far as graphics requirements go.

That being said, Parallels will NOT work. You must use Bootcamp so you can boot into Windows. Once you've done that, everything works great!
Can you tell me why you think Parallels causes a this problem or where you have seen any explanation of it? I'd like to see if it can be worked around because I've heard so much about the stability and other problems of Windows in Bootcamp (plus I'd like to have access to my expensive new Mac in the middle of my son'e game play without re-booting if possible).

I am running Vista Ultimate with no problems at all. In order to install onto the Mac it had to be operating as a Windows machine. It definitely recognized the software and all the install steps went perfectly, it just does not see the controller.

Other devices plugged into the USB while in Windows behave as the Interlink is supposed to. They instantly cause a message that they have been detected and ask if you want them to be mounted with the appropriate driver.

Any additional thoughts?

Thanks for your help.
BillTampa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2009, 09:36 PM   #31 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillTampa View Post
Can you tell me why you think Parallels causes a this problem or where you have seen any explanation of it? I'd like to see if it can be worked around because I've heard so much about the stability and other problems of Windows in Bootcamp (plus I'd like to have access to my expensive new Mac in the middle of my son'e game play without re-booting if possible).

I am running Vista Ultimate with no problems at all. In order to install onto the Mac it had to be operating as a Windows machine. It definitely recognized the software and all the install steps went perfectly, it just does not see the controller.

Other devices plugged into the USB while in Windows behave as the Interlink is supposed to. They instantly cause a message that they have been detected and ask if you want them to be mounted with the appropriate driver.

Any additional thoughts?

Thanks for your help.
I can't "explain it" per se, but basically from what I've heard the simulator needs a REAL Windows machine, not an emulator like Parallels. I've heard some people have gotten Parallels to work with RealFlight, but there have been errors, no shadows, etc.

Running in Bootcamp doesn't mean you're going to run into errors or have tons of problems. Actually from my experience it's quite stable and fast. In fact, I often spend a week or so just in Windows just to try to better learn the operating system (Mac user for life ).

Also note that you can reboot into either side in under/around a minute. Switching back and forth isn't a big issue.

Hope this helps!
Old 01-26-2009, 02:31 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Chris, the above link to the Turbine sim model is dead. Do you know where I can download a copy of your Turbine Intrepid for Real Flight?
Drevil02 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2009, 05:26 PM   #33 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drevil02 View Post
Chris, the above link to the Turbine sim model is dead. Do you know where I can download a copy of your Turbine Intrepid for Real Flight?
The RCHeliAce site is now defunct.

Click here for a Bergen Intrepid Turbine AV ... It's a different one but it should be decent (I don't have EP1 so I can't try it).
Old 01-28-2009, 11:21 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thx for the link.... I will try it tonight.
Drevil02 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2009, 12:24 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

How do you get these to work?

I have RF G4.5 w/Expansion pak #1. I can get the color schemes to download and work but not the helis. I Import them and they say they are download but when I try to use them they do not do anything.

Thanks in advance

side note;

I love the eb on RF!

It ROCKS!

I was using a .90 until I could get the expansion pack and it was a BIG difference between the 2!

Plus, RF beats Reflex hands down!

Later
broncoholic7 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in