Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System

Align 3G FBL System Align 3G FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2013, 04:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Need some help guys

I am converting my T-Rex 500 over to the DFC head/swash and using the Align 3gx unit. Using a Futaba 12z radio. Once I get this up and running, it goes into the Align AH-1 Cobra fuselage. This is my first venture into flybarless setup/flight. so here goes:

1. After I get the new head on and push rods adjusted to get the swash leveled, is it better to disconnect the Align unit and go through the initial mechanical adjustments for pitch etc. just using the receiver like a normal flybarred heli?

2. The manual mentioned if using a BEC,to plug it in the "bat in" on the 3GX and plug the "bat out" using the supplied jumper to power the receiver. I ASSUME, that jumper to power the receiver has to be used even if you are using the ESC's BEC circuit?

3. Is the disk that comes with this unit only for instruction and upgrading as different versions come out? I've only done quick walk through and it did not appear that you actually set anything using the computer. As short as the connecting cord is, don't see how you could do much anyway.

Thanks for the help guys. Most likely more questions will follow as I get deeper into this conversion.
lrogers is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2013, 07:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrogers View Post
I am converting my T-Rex 500 over to the DFC head/swash and using the Align 3gx unit. Using a Futaba 12z radio. Once I get this up and running, it goes into the Align AH-1 Cobra fuselage. This is my first venture into flybarless setup/flight. so here goes:

1. After I get the new head on and push rods adjusted to get the swash leveled, is it better to disconnect the Align unit and go through the initial mechanical adjustments for pitch etc. just using the receiver like a normal flybarred heli?

2. The manual mentioned if using a BEC,to plug it in the "bat in" on the 3GX and plug the "bat out" using the supplied jumper to power the receiver. I ASSUME, that jumper to power the receiver has to be used even if you are using the ESC's BEC circuit?

3. Is the disk that comes with this unit only for instruction and upgrading as different versions come out? I've only done quick walk through and it did not appear that you actually set anything using the computer. As short as the connecting cord is, don't see how you could do much anyway.

Thanks for the help guys. Most likely more questions will follow as I get deeper into this conversion.
ill try to answer some
1- when i first built my 500 efl pro i used just a reciever to setup all the links, doing the servos to 90* and getting everything level at zero. i felt it was easier for me at the time since it was a new build. i then installed the 3gx unit and when through DIR setup and since every thing was right where it needed to be it was easy. if i do a resetup like for instance if i update the f/w then i just go through the DIR.

2- yes same thing, power in whether esc bec or external goes into same pins.

3- the software disk that came with your unit has the step by step instruction but also has the flight mode parameters setting pages and the rudder settings page. also has the movement tab where you can see info like roll rates, limmits and gain values. it also has the tab for doing firmware updates. once you plug in the working unit it will tell you the version of firmware on your 3gx, the lastest version out right now is 3.1

PL6 w/Bump Controller-24v PS DX8 gen2
krauley is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2013, 08:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thank you!
lrogers is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in