Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Thunder Tiger 30/50 > Titan X50

Titan X50 Thunder Tiger Titan X50 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2012, 03:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Servo buzz and get hot

I have some outrage 9080 cycle digital servo that i was using on my fury 55 with cgy 750. My broblem is when i use this servo on the Titan x50 flybarless the servo buzz and get warm when they did not do that on the fury 55.
I'm thinking maybe because the fury don't use the push/pull system like the titan x50. Maybe some one here can tell me if thats normal on this type of push pull helicopter.
Luis Murillo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2012, 04:44 PM   #2 (permalink)

My HF Map location

That's not normal, push-pull or not. Is there binding somewhere? Mine don't even get warm after hard use on a warm day.

Sent from my phone
Old 05-26-2012, 07:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is the distance between the balls on the servo horn the same as the distance between the balls on the control surface?

YB
DX8
YBNORMAL is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2012, 01:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Servo buzz and get hot

Yes, the balls on the control surface is 28mm and the balls on the servo are 27mm. But for some reason they buzz, I know its normal for digital servo to buzz but not sure if its normal to buzz this way and get hot after a while just sitting there. both pushrods are the same lenghth with no binding that i can see.
Old 05-27-2012, 03:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

something is binding for sure, undo each linkage at a time utill the buzzing stops this will give you a good indication of wher the problem is.
Old 05-27-2012, 03:58 PM   #6 (permalink)

My HF Map location

On an unrelated note, 13.5mm ball spacing on the servo horn is most likely too wide for FBL use (not enough servo resolution). Something to compare to, I'm at 10mm spacing. Nick Maxwell is at 7.5mm on his X50.

Are all three servos buzzing and getting warm. Maybe something not set properly in the FBL controller?

Sent from my phone
Old 05-28-2012, 06:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis Murillo View Post
Yes, the balls on the control surface is 28mm and the balls on the servo are 27mm. But for some reason they buzz, I know its normal for digital servo to buzz but not sure if its normal to buzz this way and get hot after a while just sitting there. both pushrods are the same lenghth with no binding that i can see.
Equal spacing is best, I couldn't say if that 1 MM is causing your problem though. To rule out mechanical binding in the push pull, you could disconnect one of the links on all your cyclic servos and see if they buzz and get hot still.

YB
DX8
Old 05-28-2012, 07:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

If your using the cgy 750 still I would recommend the 1.2 ver software and bumping up the head response in ail and elev to 3. If you have ver 1.1 (1) is the only option and you need to upgrade to 1.2 to be able to go to 3.

It's not the push pull but the frequency some servos run at. If they were futaba servos it would be ok.

I had the same problem when I first put the cgy into my Vibe 50 and Jr8717's. As soon as I changed the head response in cgy problem went away.
Also besides heating up my lipo would use up over 1000 mAh's in a 5 min flight. Too much buzzing too!
No bueno!
Old 05-28-2012, 09:25 PM   #9 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBNORMAL View Post
Equal spacing is best, I couldn't say if that 1 MM is causing your problem though. To rule out mechanical binding in the push pull, you could disconnect one of the links on all your cyclic servos and see if they buzz and get hot still.

YB
Unequal spacing between the balls on the servo horn and the balls on the bell cranks is not the cause of the issues here. The links themselves should be made the same length as closely as possible though.

Take a look at this pic of my heli. Ball spacing on the servo wheel is dictated by how much resolution the FBL controller wants. Too much spacing would result in very poor servo resolution. The ball spacing on the servos in this pic is 9mm. Since then I've switched to 10mm spacing for slightly less servo resolution.

Old 05-28-2012, 10:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bob, you have an offset in your links from the centerline of the servo horn, no? That is what makes (for ex) 10mm of throw on one link, the same 10mm on the other.

Or I may be blind, or need some schooling on geometry

Edit: Ok, I stared at your picture some more and I think I have my head wrapped around it now. I was over thinking (I think )

YB
DX8

Last edited by YBNORMAL; 05-29-2012 at 12:14 AM..
Old 05-29-2012, 04:21 PM   #11 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Sorry, there's some distortion in the pic due to it being taken close up. Offset and angles appear in the pic but don't exist in person.

Sent from my phone
Old 05-29-2012, 07:42 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Well i moved the servo to 10mm for better resolution. Servo still buzz even with one pushrod connected. i don't remember servo buzzing when i had it on my fury 55, and its the same setting on my cgy 750. The only different that i'm using on my set up is thunder power 1800 65c with no regulator. I know its not the baterry because once i disconnect the pushrods, i get no more Buzz.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	freak 001.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	320585   Click image for larger version

Name:	freak 002.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	320586   Click image for larger version

Name:	freak 004.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	320587  
Old 05-29-2012, 09:10 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did you size the new links with a link sizer?
I would also check your feathering shaft is not binding.

It may also be a combination of things. What is your hear response set at on the 750?

Also you are always gonna have some buzzing but not enough to make them run hot.
Usually on a new model they will settle down in time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in