Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Nitro Helicopters

700 Class Nitro Helicopters 700 Class Nitro Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2016, 08:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Align 700 Nitro v1 vs v2 vs DFC

Any know the differences in the Align 700N v1 vs v2

and the differences in the 700N v2 vs DFC?

I just see different part numbers in the frames but what has changed?
ssrobzoom is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2016, 09:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

There wasn't ever really a V1 and V2 700N.

The original 700N released in 2008 had a black anodized flybar head and yellow canopy.

In late 2009, the Limited Edition was released (Clear anodized head, white/blue/yellow canopy), and in 2010 the 3G version was released (Flybarless version).

Sometime in late 2011/early 2012, the LE was re-released with the 3GX instead of the 3G.

All these variants shared the same "wide body" design. No real changes were made to the frame layout, but small tweaks were made. Beefier frame screws and hardware, new clutch liners, and FBL bell cranks and A-Arm were some of the more memorable changes.

In mid/late 2012, Align released the 700N DFC. It shares a very similar frame layout, but the frames (And respective bearing blocks/shafts/receiver mount/etc) were narrowed by quite a bit to save weight. It has a slightly larger fuel tank, includes the DFC rotorhead, features an 8:1 main gear ratio, and 4.95:1 tail gear ratio out of the box, using Mod 1.0 helical gears. It also has the newer tail case design, dual point pitch slider assembly, carbon tail pushrod, longer boom/torque tube, and new motor mounts.

Newer releases of the 700N DFC have the 106mm tail blades and microbeast plus.
dchekas is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2016, 11:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

So your saying the original can be updated to the dfc or narrow design?
Old 08-15-2016, 11:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes you can upgrade if you choose to but that would mean replacing frames, bearing blocks, receiver mount, boom block, fan shroud and bell crank control shaft.

There may be a few other pieces but can't think of off the top of my head.

If you just wanted to upgrade to the DFC head you would need the new grips with removable grip arms, and the DFC head kit available from Align.
nynextel88 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2016, 12:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

So the frames are different? I thought they were the same.
Old 08-15-2016, 12:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm not sure if anything else is changed on the frames, other then there being a cut-out to allow the clutch bell to fit as that has remained the same size.
nynextel88 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2016, 05:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Get the Custom Heli Products 700N-DL upgrade kit
It is the wide-body design, not the narrow-body. So, it can use all the normal parts and upgrades that are typically off the shelf.
But, it gives you the direct to swash links for the 3 swash servos
At one point, I had the Align Speed Fuselage on mine.

In my mind, there is no real benefit to the newer narrow-body DFC.
ticedoff8 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2016, 07:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrobzoom View Post
So your saying the original can be updated to the dfc or narrow design?
The DFC narrower frames are a little different I believe but not much, and the bell cranks are slightly different. Because of that, the bearing blocks and everything else are narrower. So you cannot 'update' the old frames to the new ones, that would be essentially replacing the entire airframe. The actual layout is nearly identical, very few changes were made.

You can do everything else though. I have a V1/old 700N that's running a current DFC head, has the newer style tail unit with dual pitch links, new tail grips, all black gears, and the same gears that are in the newer DFC model (8:1 ratio, 4.95 tail ratio). That's the beauty of it, is that Align keeps a lot of their newer parts compatible with older models.

In essence, my 700N is running everything the new one has stock, with the exception of the longer boom that the newer version has (new version can run 715mm blades).

I recently had to replace some stripped frame parts bottom frame skid mounts) and had no problem finding them at aligntrexstore.com. Enterprise has been great so far in representing and supplying the US with Align parts.
Old 08-26-2016, 06:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did any of you speed up the tail at all? I have a 700LE still rocking the 4.54 tail ratio and I built a 700E Using GForce conversion also running the 4.54 ratio which I'm about to switch over to the 4.73 gears to see if it improves tail hold with 105mm cyclones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
blue92ehsi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2016, 09:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

There was no 4.54 ratio. It was 4.33.

The speed up gears dramatically improve tail performance. The 4.33 ratio almost necessitated 115 tail blades for decent tail authority, especially in 3D flight.

A very worthy upgrade.
Old 08-26-2016, 09:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'll count my teeth tomorrow if I have to

Old 08-27-2016, 08:11 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My mistake, I was thinking of the old Mod 1.0 gears (which are 104T/24T).

Regardless, the faster ratios for both models help the tail hold in 3D flight. Back before the new gear ratio was available, we ran 115mm tail blades to get the tail to hold.
Old 08-27-2016, 02:08 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I'm looking forward to Monday morning then lol

Old 09-22-2016, 10:57 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

I purchased a new kit that is the 700N LE.
I purchased the DFC Helical gears ( have to purchase 3 in all)
WHAT A Difference in quality.... the stock white Gears were not ROUND and caused vibration (assume as I could hear the vvvrraaammmp sound as I manually turned the gear/head by hand)...
racer713 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2016, 11:03 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thestructured View Post

In essence, my 700N is running everything the new one has stock, with the exception of the longer boom that the newer version has (new version can run 715mm blades).

Align states on the website that I can run 720mm blades if running the
DFC boom?? Is it wrong?

I recently autoed (aka crashed) and wanted to run longer blades and wanted to confirm that I could run 720's if I picked up the DFC boom and T-tube..
Old 09-22-2016, 11:11 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

FYI.... The DFC bottom CF-frame is not the same as the 700N.
I found that out as the 700N bottom frame is DOUBLE the price of the DFC frame.... 40$ vs 20$ Mine cracked

Also.... I pulled apart my OS. 105HZ engine to check it... THE CYLINDER has a gouge in the wall? From a minor impact from a too-fast auto roation to ground? I can't understand any other reason for it to happen? ONLY 2 gallons through it and I was mainly scale flying. Always tuned so crank was warm, and plenty of smoke 20/20 YS. Tried 15% cool power (2 tanks worth 17% oil and added ounce of Klots. (this is my 1st HELI (700N) but not my 1st nitro engine)
It looks like a piece of metal wedged inbetween the cyl/piston....

I will post picts and perhaps start a new thread...
Old 09-23-2016, 01:40 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry to hear. This is unlikely to have been caused by the impact. Check whether the piston ring locating pin is still in place. Also that the rear bearing, gudgeon pin clips and other parts are intact. Either way I would be inclined to claim for the damage under warranty.
abit late is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2016, 06:41 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer713 View Post
FYI.... The DFC bottom CF-frame is not the same as the 700N.
I found that out as the 700N bottom frame is DOUBLE the price of the DFC frame.... 40$ vs 20$ Mine cracked

Also.... I pulled apart my OS. 105HZ engine to check it... THE CYLINDER has a gouge in the wall? From a minor impact from a too-fast auto roation to ground? I can't understand any other reason for it to happen? ONLY 2 gallons through it and I was mainly scale flying. Always tuned so crank was warm, and plenty of smoke 20/20 YS. Tried 15% cool power (2 tanks worth 17% oil and added ounce of Klots. (this is my 1st HELI (700N) but not my 1st nitro engine)
It looks like a piece of metal wedged inbetween the cyl/piston....

I will post picts and perhaps start a new thread...
Also check your glow plug. A piece of the coil may have fell out and into the cylinder after the impact.
kdh77 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2016, 10:36 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Perhaps this happened previously, as the glow plug I put in there was brand-new . The previous one looks slightly deformed . I put everything back together..., should've taken pictures . The engine was running before, it just seem like it was a little down and power. It doesn't look really bad at all but I'm pretty particular about that stuff. I'm inclined to think that it was something that fell and got wedged in there rather than like a liner issue.

I don't think it was a lubrication issue at all is there is plenty of lube in there always . It was nothing that ever look like it got warm or hot in there on any of the metal.
In all my years I've never ruined a liner or had anything look like that ever .

I think you guys are right something got sucked in there who knows though this could've been from from 1st start up something from factory ....

Everything is where it should be nothing fell out: piston & ring..the ring retainer pin all looks great.
Definitely don't want to rant, just is really a shocking .. And odd.
Old 09-23-2016, 10:41 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by abit late View Post
Sorry to hear. This is unlikely to have been caused by the impact. Check whether the piston ring locating pin is still in place. Also that the rear bearing, gudgeon pin clips and other parts are intact. Either way I would be inclined to claim for the damage under warranty.

What is a guggeon pin ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in