Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Aerial Videography and Photography > FPV and Real time Video

FPV and Real time Video Discussions of receiving video in realtime from the aircraft

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2010, 01:19 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

According to my experiments you don't need any vibration isolation on a reasonably well tuned heli. Just use a wide angle lens and there's zero visible vibration on your image.
Trnquill is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2010, 04:03 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim15R View Post
Any of you guys had vibration issues setting up your FPV equipment on the bird so that the gyro couldn't do its job correctly????
Mount the gyro on thick soft foam.
It is mainly the tail rotor that creates the high freq. vibes that most affect the gyro.
I imagine you did as good a job as possible to ballance both main and the TR mechanisms.
Shafts aren't always completely straight and true.It helps rolling them on glass to try and find out if they are ok.
The tolerances of different components also vary quite a bit among the same parts starting with the bearings and so on but because the Trex was designed as a 3D machine it is not that paramount that parts fit is as tight and thus as vibe free as a dedicated camera ship needs to be.
If you cant tame the magnitude of the vibes that are so bad that they mess up your gyro i doubt you wil be able to get any decent image from the camera.It will be all blurry.
Also bear in mind you can play (lower) the HS since you wont be doing 3D FPV.
At least no from the very beginning i suppose.
It should help some with the HF vibes..
If the tail is belt driven try increasing/decreasing the tension.
andrebandre is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2010, 01:47 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tail is a tq tube. I have a 5.8ghz rather heavy transmitter and i've moved it, video was ok says my friend and he said it was clear when I was ground testing it. I had an additional 6S 5000mAH battery that i put in the nose (so 2x of those) to balance out the weight. I also have some asymmetrical blades coming in the mail that should help out with lift.

The vibes seemed like a lot, but now that i think about it. I went full retard and forgot to strap down the batteries for the reciever and camera/transmitter real secure. They were just chillin there with the basic velcro I have securing them. My first intent was to have the velcro straps to primarily secure things an the velcro on the batteries for the secondary security.

The cable i have going to the transmitter is kinda beefy, but I took some steps in removing a lot of uncessary cabling to the tail as I could. We shall see, i'm now waiting on torque tube drive gears for the front of the tq tube as i stripped both 90 degree gears.
Tim15R is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in