Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters > Mikado Logo 700 Xxtreme

Mikado Logo 700 Xxtreme Mikado Logo 700 Xxtreme Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2014, 10:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 700Xx to be, or not to be?

What's the deal with the logo 700xx? I have a 480xx and a 600sx and love em. I think the 700 is a work of art and I am considering getting one. Here's what I know:

- bad ass heli
- overdesigned drive train - beefy
- heavy
- expensive
- wont fly like the logo 600

How do they fly? What are likes, dislikes, recommendations?
Any input is appreciated

Mark
MS60 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2014, 12:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm really getting into the 700 right now. I've changed up to 14s recently and it's quite the powerhouse.

Even in stock form the 700 is great.

I had a logo 6003d on 12s with 623's.

The 700 will fly different than the 600. The 700 does run a higher disk load and will auto at a faster pace for sure.

Worth noting that the extra weight helps the heli to 'track' much better and makes it a touch easier to do something with. Hope that makes some sense.
By comparison my trex 700 would cover up nothing , any mistake even slight ones were so obvious.

I had over 300 flights on my 6003d , I've now got about 100 on the 700. No regrets on the change at all. As nice as the 600 is , the 700 is a step up.

Negs ..

Not a lot to complain about but I have a few things I wish were different.

- tail boom clamping system , that 2 pc boom strut thing isn't a great design (IMO) . I've got a lynx 1pc clamping unit coming soon.

- Tail rod support. Part borrowed from the 500/600 series , nice simple well designed part BUT it's to short , causes (slight bit in all fairness) a bow in the tail rod , after 100 flights you will find the CF rod to be quite a bit thinner on the part that slides thru support.

- disk loading : I wasn't crazy about the auto manners right at the end of an auto at first. I'm getting the hang of it now 100 flights later. Disk loading is higher (aka heavier) on this one. It has it's +'s and -'s , depending on what you want. Ideally if a good set of 730mm blades were to be made , that would be prefect for the 700.

No too many complaints , and one can consider them minor when compared to the competition. Just look at the 700/800 forums , page one can cover a lot of time. So if your looking for an active forum discussing fixes and mods all day long , this isn't for you.

You might want to ask yourself what are some of the things that you like best about the 600 ?

Great heli , will be keeping it.

PS I'm considering the 480 , would fit in nice with the 700 and 800. Just don't know if I want to go that small anymore, the presence of a 700 and especially the 800 is just not there on a 600 or less.

Martin
Logo 600 8917/ 9188 4035-500 VBC NEO
rcmarty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2014, 01:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm in a similar situation, but I've just got a 700 & put a handful of flights on it so far. It's definitely different to my 600SX which runs on 10S with 603's.
The extra weight isn't noticeable in my opinion, it just tracks very well & has great balance in the air.
I haven't gone crazy with it yet, but I love it already! I'll be keeping both because they are quite different to fly. Now I'm looking at a 480, but they seem a big fragile, with stories of broken frames for minor crashes.
Back to the 700......
Pros:
Head design & general beefy drivetrain
Integration of YGE speedy & motor & VBar so it works very well
Flys fantastic on Edge 715's
Proven performer in the hands of Kyle Dahl (nowhere to hide by blaming the heli......)
Cons:
Much noisier than the 600SX
A crash will be expensive

Citizen #186
mr_squiggle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2014, 09:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks guys, good points to consider. The Logo 700 just seems more substantial and well designed than other options, also the best looking .........which shouldn't matter but it does.
MS60 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2014, 09:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have a Logo 700 since November, before that I had the 600 3D for about 4.5 years. The 700 flies way better in my mind, I'ver never had a heli with such a strong tail. Zero tail issues right from the start, even in fast, tail-heavy maneuvers like fast pirouettes with changing directions. With the 600 3D I've had the belt jump off the pulley and crash quite a few times.
The 700 has much better visibility than the 600 of course, more hang time due to the larger rotor disk and YGE + stock motor + vbar gov work just great.
On the con side are crashes, they are very expensive and the thin frames crack almost every time. Which means you have to basically re-built the whole heli. The Al frame mounting bolts are of poor quality; when I unboxed my brand-new 700 4 bolts had worn-out threads right from the factory (they were replaced by Readyheli at no cost, but still annoying). When you crash, the threads might get stripped as well so it is good to have plenty of spares.

If you have Heli-X you can test both. The 600SX flies close to my 600, and the 700xx is also close to my 700.

Marius
marius is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2014, 08:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

700xx, 14s, pyro 800-48, 16t pinion, kosmic 160, edge 710 SE, vcontrol = nirvana
Logo 480 XXtreme, Logo 550SX, Logo 690SX, Logo 800 XXtreme, TDR, Minicopter Diabolo 550, Minicopter Triabolo, Goblin 500, Goblin 700, Goblin 770, KDS Agile 5.5, Voodoo 600, Voodoo 400, HD Cell 500, Thunder Tiger E700
taosgraveyard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2014, 08:33 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by taosgraveyard View Post
700xx, 14s, pyro 800-48, 16t pinion, kosmic 160, edge 710 SE, vcontrol = nirvana
I have the same setup, if you like the edge blades try the helix 715, to me it was a big difference. Seems lighter on the disk, pulls harder.
chc35 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2014, 10:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by farkas View Post
What's the deal with the logo 700xx? I have a 480xx and a 600sx and love em. I think the 700 is a work of art and I am considering getting one. Here's what I know:

- bad ass heli
- overdesigned drive train - beefy
- heavy
- expensive
- wont fly like the logo 600

How do they fly? What are likes, dislikes, recommendations?
Any input is appreciated

Mark
I have 800, 700 and 480 Xxtremes, 600 SX, 690 SX coming. Avant Mostro, Synergy E7SE, Compass 7hv and 6HVU.
So far I can't see why the 700 and 800 Xxtremes are so hyped. In my opinion they are louder heavier and slightly sluggish compared to the Logo 600 SX and the Avant Mostro. Both the 600 SX and Mostro are quieter, track as good and feel more connected than the Xxtremes. The Xxtremes remind me of the Whiplashes I had good quality and heavy.
I'm hoping that the 690 SX will be like the 600 SX with a little more air presense.
sseppala is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2014, 10:47 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think the non-xxtreme Logo helis look at bit dated and dull. The Xxtreme models (480, 700 and 800) look really really good.

That's a good enough argument for me. This is a hobby, after all
Jotto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2014, 11:00 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have the logo 600sx and 700xxtreme, and I love them both. The 700 is an excellent, well deigned machine.
Old 09-20-2014, 06:35 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotto View Post
I think the non-xxtreme Logo helis look at bit dated and dull. The Xxtreme models (480, 700 and 800) look really really good.

That's a good enough argument for me. This is a hobby, after all
I agree that the Xxtremes are some of the very best looking helis especially in the yellow and red color scheme. In fact I bought that color scheme canopy for my 600 sx because it makes it look similar to the xxtremes. They also fly extremely well in the wind because of the extra weight. Definitely worth owning based on looks alone and the 800 , is the biggest and baddest.
sseppala is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2014, 03:19 AM   #12 (permalink)
CHC Benefactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sseppala View Post
I agree that the Xxtremes are some of the very best looking helis especially in the yellow and red color scheme. In fact I bought that color scheme canopy for my 600 sx because it makes it look similar to the xxtremes. They also fly extremely well in the wind because of the extra weight. Definitely worth owning based on looks alone and the 800 , is the biggest and baddest.
Big and Bad, best reason of them all!
Raptorapture is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2014, 12:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by sseppala View Post
In my opinion they are louder heavier and slightly sluggish
https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...16&postcount=1
Old 10-03-2014, 12:55 PM   #14 (permalink)
CHC Benefactor

Now THAT was some nimble flying!
Raptorapture is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2015, 07:14 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

yeah some bad ass flight!! :-)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in