Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flybarless Helicopter Systems

Flybarless Helicopter Systems CSM Cyclock, Helitronix Multi-mixer, Spartan AP2000i, Firmtronix Digimix-3, Gyrobot, SK360and AC3X

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2012, 06:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Frustrated w/ Tarot ZYX

Recently purchased the Tarot ZYX and teh USB drive for my Trex 450 Pro. I gave the 8FG and am in the process of setting her up, but I am totally frustrated with this thing. I have taken the the time and setup the radio and have all the correct wires running to a Futaba R6106HF RX and correct ports on the ZYX. In addition, I have the PC interface working as it should on the computer. All sticks have movement with the exception of the elevator servo. Here,on the computer it shows the tail gain movement instead when I move the stick up and down. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this servo as it works fine when plugged into another port on the gyro. For some strange reason when I moved the elevator stick up/down I noticed that this toggles between both red and blue lights on the unit indicating heading/normal mode. I cannot figure this out for anything as I'm totally stumped. Can someone please helpas I am really thinking about yanking this thing off and putting my flybar back on.
#1RCHelifan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2012, 07:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Watch Video # 4

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2311
everydayflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2012, 11:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

You have probably connected the "elevator/pitch" output on your receiver to the tarots "sensitivity" input. recheck it carefully.
paedbo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2012, 10:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I was finally able to figure it out. I went back and did a complete setup which solves this aspect of my issue. The only problem I have now that I can't seem to figure out is on spool the tail will not hold and piros out of control to the left (nose goes left). Sometimes this occurs gradually on spool up and at other times occurs only when I reach my desired RPMs. I have done everything from checking proper tail servo direction, tail compensation, tail limits, 8 degrees pitch, etc. with no luck. The servo (DS 520) for my 450 pro is brand new and works fine. However, I simply am stunned and cannot figure this out. Oh well, after wasting countless of hours on my first FBL, I have decided to hang her up and go back to FB for now. I constantly hear how wonderful FBL systems are, but if they are this difficult to setup then they are definately not for me. I would rather have my trusted flybar that is tried and true then worry about this. Who knows maybe I got a bad Tarot ZYX unit, but nontheless, this has soured me on the whole FBL deal for now.
#1RCHelifan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2012, 11:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

One thing you might check is to see if you are using leading or trailing edge control on the tail.
One may work better then the other.

I know a fellow freak who accidentally reversed his grips and it drove him bonkers for some time before somebody caught it in a pic.
It can be rectified by changing the compensate direction or flipping the grips.
Gaui X5 sweet! Warp 360 KST, B4503D Savox- all beastx, 250 SE flybarred-current shelf queen, 130X, Mcpx BL, Nano cpx, Mini Dragonfly, DX8 AMA #982022 If you get to thinking you're a person of influence, try ordering somebody else's dog around.
shreddedpaper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2012, 12:10 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yup, dont know if you have a belt tail or not but if the belt gets twisted you will get the same thing. Check your tail rotor turn direction to make sure its turning the right way and the blades are on correctly
Himilou is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2012, 09:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have a persistent drift with the tail right, nose left.

Try initializing your gyro on the bench. Put into heading hold. Wait 10-20 seconds then flip to rate mode, the servo should center. Put back into heading hold and wait. See if the servo creeps. Then hit rate mode again. I bet the tail servo will recenter again indicating it was not holding......

I have redone everything to no avail! Running firmware 3.5.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in