Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Synergy Model Helicopters

Synergy Model Helicopters Synergy Model Helicopters Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2014, 09:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Future for Synergy

Hi folks. Anyone have a take on the future of this Heli brand. I fancy buying one but don't want to be buying into something that is short lived.
evolusia is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2014, 12:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

From what my favorite dealer says I would say they are small but growing slowly. Good designs with good reliability. I too am looking at an E5 that Dennis has sitting in his shop. I am torn between the E5 or wait to see what alees offers with their new models. I liked what I saw in the E5 when a flying buddy brought his out. Spacious, strong, and appears well made. Only thing I have heard negative is that it is heavier than other 550's but in the wind here that should be a bonus.
Old 07-22-2014, 12:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

evolusia,

Thank you for asking about Synergy, you have a valid question that I am more than happy to answer.

We are a family owned and operated business (my wife and I). This means there is very low overhead and we can survive through virtually any economical crisis. You can count on us being around for a very long time.

As far as our size and growth - We are a small company focused on quality and customer service. We have been in business since 2010 and have seen sales double each year since being in business.

I hope that helps!

Best Regards,

Matt Botos
Owner - Synergy RC Helicopters
00boto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2014, 12:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks Matt, what's the distribution set up like for the Uk, only importing small quantities of spares into the UK is generally very expensive as our government and Mail service like to shaft us whenever possible, and well adept at it they are too.

Last edited by evolusia; 07-22-2014 at 12:37 PM.. Reason: Change of reply
evolusia is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2014, 12:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Considering Matt just purchased some new land, moved his facilities there and is in the process of setting up a heli field/motor cross track at this property....I think it's safe to say the brand is doing VERY well and will be around for a long time.

Team Scorpion
Gawl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2014, 12:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

No need for another. An awswer straight from the owner is nice to see. I may have to see what kind of price the E5 with a stretch kit is going to rob from my play account. FYI ppl for excellant customer service from a dealer I would suggest Dennis P. Owner of thehelifarm. The e5 on his floor may just get shipped to the east coast. Next month will tell the tale as that is the deadline I imposed on researching synergy and alees. Both from forum reading have great customer service and great products. Wonder if matt will bring his E5 back down. I would love to see how it feels. His looked crisp with his ikon. I really like the option of 6 or 12 cell configurations.
Old 07-23-2014, 01:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Synergy will be around for a long time to come.

Matt has designed some fantastic models, has great production facilities, and he and Amy provide excellent customer service along with the Synergy Team.

For the UK, I believe that FastLad is one of the largest dealers for Synergy.

Here's a link to a list of dealers:

http://synergyrchelicopters.com/dealers/
Jeff_Barrett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2014, 01:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Digger you had better grab that E5 as I've talked a buddy here into it, he is so impressed with mine. I'm just waiting on my N5Ctt to come in, I fly my Synergy E5 the most, I'm on 12S though and just love it!!!
flyswatter40 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2014, 04:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Already ordered up an E5s. Going straight to a stretch after talking with my dealer aka Dennis. Man that sounds bad, my dealer. All my friends know I mean thehelifarm but strangers look at me funny if I say I have to call my dealer.
Old 07-24-2014, 04:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dennis is a great guy. You're going to love that machine!
Old 07-24-2014, 05:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

He has treated me good for a long time. Not sure who to use for parts if he doesn't have any as I try to support canadian shops first before buying internationally. This will be the 3rd kit in 2yrs I ordered from dennis. I love being able to call up and get advice or just shoot the sh*t with him. Rotorquest has treated me pretty good but customer service to me is worth a few bucks more per part. Not that dennis ever charged more, just saying I would of paid more just to know he backs up and flys what he sells.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

He really is a fantastic guy.

I will have our Synergy stock migrated and back online as soon as my new site is ready to launch. In in Manitoba.

I'm just liquidating my inventory from other brands I also carry right now and scaling back to free up more time to spend with my young kids.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:34 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I personally know Matt, was lucky to fly with him for a few yrs, He has some very nice helicopters even if I have never had the chance to own one, I hope one day I can.. I heard about his move to Alabama, and wasn't sure when the new spot would be having a flying event, not even sure what part bama its in hope can make it out sometime.

I think you most likely be good to fly them for a long long while, seems most people are in and out of the hobby so fast these days.

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2014, 06:02 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You just cannot go wrong with the Synergy helis as far as I am concerned. Matt and Amy have been a pleasure to deal with from a dealer point of view. As for Canada support Jeff and I can keep you and your Synergy needs taken care of . Actually I believe that either of us will and have shipped to any country that is in need of a part or kit .

Dennis P
Old 07-25-2014, 05:51 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

FlySwatter you better play with your E5 while you can. Once your N5c TT arrives the E5 is going to sit in the corner. The N5c Is such an AMAZING bird! Matt did an awesome job with it. I wish I could afford to buy one of everything he makes. Im going to pretty up my blades 600x so I can sell it and buy another one of Matt's helicopters.
~Futaba T14SG
TeamXpertServos
Frequency is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2014, 12:41 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frequency View Post
FlySwatter you better play with your E5 while you can. Once your N5c TT arrives the E5 is going to sit in the corner. The N5c Is such an AMAZING bird! Matt did an awesome job with it. I wish I could afford to buy one of everything he makes. Im going to pretty up my blades 600x so I can sell it and buy another one of Matt's helicopters.
Great idea I love them all its hard to say favorites with all of them in here with me but the N7 never gets left at home. If you like the N5C you won't believe the flight of the 7 it's truly amazing!
Old 07-29-2014, 08:56 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frequency View Post
FlySwatter you better play with your E5 while you can. Once your N5c TT arrives the E5 is going to sit in the corner.
Truth.

When I got my N5c going, the E5 got dusty quick. I sold it soon after and replaced it with an N7. The N7 is a beast, but I still split time with the N5c. Fantastic helis.

Now we just need a gasser airframe to round out the lineup.
(That's a hint for those following along Matt)
Old 07-30-2014, 06:14 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Loved the flight times on my old g20 gasser but don't miss the headaches I had with it.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:25 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

The N7 mounts were designed to accommodate a gasser if memory serves correct.
Old 07-30-2014, 08:24 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_Barrett View Post
The N7 mounts were designed to accommodate a gasser if memory serves correct.
The OS GT15, yes. There's also a pinion to go with that engine.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in