Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X Brushless Mods

nano CP X Brushless Mods Blade nano CP X Brushless Mods Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2013, 02:14 PM   #301 (permalink)
Registered Users

That is VERY impressive work there. Thanks for sharing!!!
RoboHeli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2013, 04:15 AM   #302 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Tougher canopy pins

Yannic,

Great work!

Hey I like to use a heavy 2.5 gram canopy from a wltoys v911 heli, which is indestructible. When I use it with a stock frame the canopy pins would easily break in a crash so I went back to the stock canopy but that only last so long. Nothing ever broke with the rakon metal frame's delrin canopy pins and v911 canopy.

Can you beef up the canopy pins for use with a heavier more durable canopy??? Maybe put a brace against them or increase the diameter.

The canopy and pins protect the most important part. Also important to me is a good gear mesh and the ability to remove a motor without destroying the frame. Tight bearings are important like Bhujang said.

Mainly the landing gear and canopy+pins are the most destroyed parts and are the main protective parts. MCPx landing gear solves the landing gear breaking problem. I use it on my stock nano with the stock battery and on my metal Rakonheli frame with an MCPx battery and it stopped breaking. The wild setup seems to have plenty of power for even a 40 gram auw heli. Rakon metal is at least 4 grams total with tail boom and you got to use it or the frame will tweak on crashes, but it is pretty tough.

The v911 canopy solves the canopy breaking problem, but now the canopy pins break unless I use the Rakonheli metal frame which doesn't really break but it's heavy.

Not sure how to solve the rear AR guide delema with one frame, but if you can get it to work with all swashes (rakon, microheli, lynx and xtremeprod), that would be great to broaden the market or any metal swash just tell us which one to buy. Plus have the side AR guide both of which can be cut off if not being used. Rear AR guide is better because the swash balls are on the same plane as the guide pin which allows the swash to tilt a little better than a side AR guide. Everyone has an aftermarket swash or should.

Right now I want to say the frame looks like it will not work with the microheli rear AR guide, but it will work with the rest, rakon, lynx and xtreme productions which are longer Rear AR pins or at least the rakon is longer than the microheli.

Get all of this right and that will be the brushless frame to really have. I want 2 already.

Good luck with your project!
Old 12-31-2013, 04:13 PM   #303 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default nano CP X Brushless Mods Blade nano CP X Brushless Mods Information and Help

i was wondering what BL mods are out there for the Nano cpx besides "pjacq" mod and "Astroid Designs Blade NanoCPx Brushless kits". I have been looking around to see if there are other mods available that anyone can recommend. It would also be appreciated if the mods that people recommend are also available on the market and not on back order. any help would be appreciated.
Vwracer69 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2014, 04:20 AM   #304 (permalink)
Registered Users

Happy Newyear everybody!

JEBSi,

Thank you for the comments!
I think of making several version of the frame will be a good idea.
Maybe something like this:

- Normal (light) frame with side AR. <current frame
- Normal (light) frame with rear AR.
- Rugged frame with more rugged canopy pins and side AR.
- Rugged frame with more rugged canopy pins and rear AR.

The microheli swashplate arrived now so i can start creating the rear AR version for the microheli swash!
At this moment I didn`t test another swashplate then the original one on this frame.

Then there is one NOTE for the users of this current frame,
Please keep in mind that I designed the landing gear pins to fit a MSR landing gear!
Not the MCPX landing gear as mentioned earlier.
The MSR landing gear is as rugged as the MCP-X gear but has a normal battery tray.

Cheers!

Last edited by Yannicflight; 01-02-2014 at 02:10 PM..
Yannicflight is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2014, 10:35 AM   #305 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vwracer69 View Post
i was wondering what BL mods are out there for the Nano cpx besides "pjacq" mod and "Astroid Designs Blade NanoCPx Brushless kits". I have been looking around to see if there are other mods available that anyone can recommend. It would also be appreciated if the mods that people recommend are also available on the market and not on back order. any help would be appreciated.
Xtreme do one the motor is sweet much better than the AD mild motor. But it's a plug n play kit and it's bulky and awkward. I can't rate the pjacq kit enough as some of the tricky esc soldering is already done so it's just the motor, signal to 3 in 1 and the power to the 3 in 1

If I had to rate them it would be pjacq then Astroid Designs then the xtreme.

The AD frame mod is fantastic and clearly a lot of time went into creating it. I also like the new 3D servo spacers that he created. I just didn't like the shipping fees to UK and how I got stung by the Customs here as well. Also the motor was not 100% but that's a Russian roulette in this hobby.

The pjacq frame mod is easier, quick needs no CA and can be taken from frame to frame and has the servo spacers included. It is a bit but very marginally heavier but also very robust. Same motors are used but mine from there ran so sweet!

Xtreme well like I say it's awkard to fit I'd only recommend their motor not the frame attachment for the motor or the huge 10A plug n play esc either. Saying that they are bringing out a new frame for the nano soon so that is really looking forward to that...

There are other plug n play options but your best 2 are pjacq and AD which need a bit of time and effort to mod the frame and solder the wires. I'd buy more from AD if the shipping options were better.
Old 01-02-2014, 05:33 PM   #306 (permalink)
Registered Users

After some flights today I again broke my LG..
offcourse it is not a critical part but still I want the Nano to be in good shape

Soooo
I started to make my own LG as a test.
Some sneak peaks of it:

The rear mounting pin is sliding over 2 cf rods so it should fit with all available N-CPX frames.

In these images the Canopy pins are rugged by just making the diameter bigger.
It doesn`t look so nice, I have to do some more work on these.

Cheers!
Old 01-03-2014, 03:32 AM   #307 (permalink)
Registered Users

Again a post...

Just finished the Rear AR-Guide with rugged canopy pins version.

The prototypes of this frame and the Landing Gear will arrive around 21-January.
Old 01-04-2014, 06:37 PM   #308 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Good stuff Yannicflight!

Looks great so far.

I like that you have ventured into the landing gear. Possibly 1mm cf dow rods to hold it in place and for easy replacement, plus 1mm cf skids? Love the design so far.

As far as the custom battery holder goes, you should probably make 2 versions. One for MCPx batteries which I use and one for stock size batts.

I use MCPx landing gear in the stock frame with no problems using either battery and the landing gear never breaks. It bows in the center to fit but it is not a problem so either way you make the frame MCPx or MSR landing gear should work, unless you totally customize it, in which case you should make 2 versions.

Plus make the battery holder part of the landing gear because the removable ones seem to break easy and not really the battery fit right.

Btw...The T-Rex 150 people are in bad need of stronger landing gear and frame also from what I have read.

Good luck!
Old 01-07-2014, 06:09 AM   #309 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vwracer69 View Post
I recently dropped the Xtreme plug and play kit onto my nano and am very impressed with it. Purists might scoff but I have neither the patience to order a kit from or send my nano to the US, nor the skill to hack frames and solder tiny wires. The Xtreme kit was reasonably priced and available locally.

It literally took me 5 minutes to remove the brushed motor, attach the 13500 kv motor to the CF mounting plate, screw the CF plate into the skid mounts, tape the 10A ESC to the main board, and connect the motor, signal wire and battery. I used my mCPX Airtime skids so I could run mCPX batteries.

I'm sure it doesn't have the performance of an AD Wild nano, but the Xtreme BL nano blows a stock one out of the sky. I usually run it with a 90-80-70-80-90 V curve, and it has a huge amount of pop and great tail hold with an mCPX tail. I can easily get 5-6 minutes of flight time and the motor is barely warm after this. If I run at 100% flat throttle it's a real handful, with my skills I wouldn't fly it indoors! The offset motor doesn't affect flips and rolls as far as my modest abilities can discern.

The cons as I see them: nowhere near as light as a stock or AD nano; the motor is quite exposed under its mounting plate in the event of a bad crash; and lastly, it's very bloody ugly!

TL;DR The Xtreme brushless conversion is a straightforward and relatively inexpensive if inelegant way to get onto the brushless nano bandwagon.
Old 01-09-2014, 06:07 AM   #310 (permalink)
Registered Users

Im using the xtreme motor on one of my nano set ups. I didn't get on with the oversky 10A im sure its a good esc just so big! So I used an XP3A small light and works great with BLheli. I cut the wire plug off the motor and soldered them straight to the esc and its a very powerful motor that works well on 1s 150 to 200 mAh batteries Im using the gov. arm settings and still experimenting with the V settings so far so good but I think I can get it better. WIll also compare it with the Gov tx mode. Im also using the xtreme 7mm upgraded tail as well.
Old 01-13-2014, 02:45 PM   #311 (permalink)
Registered Users

Update!

I didn`t had time to make more pictures unfortunately.
But, I tried the rear AR guide frame with the Microheli swashplate.
This frame does have the reinforced canopy pins to.

It worked out really well!
I have never had the N-CPX flying this good and reacting to the controls so thight!
So it makes me really surprised that the alu swash is making such big difference.

The frame with reinforced canopy pins and rear AR guide is available on shapeways now trough the following link:
Shapeways

Cheers!
Old 01-13-2014, 04:38 PM   #312 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looks great but at 14 euros is ok but at 22 euros with shipping I think I'll give this a miss... Ouch!
Old 01-16-2014, 07:32 AM   #313 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Cool beans!

Good Day Yannick,

I can't wait. I just ordered 3 rear-AR frames.

I am a tester. I can break anything. I will let you know how the frames work out for me: flying and crashing.

Thanks,
Dave
Old 01-16-2014, 09:29 PM   #314 (permalink)
Registered Users

How often do you guys lubricate your outrunner motor bearings? I put a drop of bearing oil on each when I first installed the motor. I've put on 50 flights so far. When should I lube it again?
RoboHeli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2014, 01:34 PM   #315 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Anybody tried this BL plug and play set?

Just bought this new set off ebay... with their advanced BL carbon fiber frame, throttle feels weird, it flought ok, but one of the servos not working, so not too much time to experiment.

I don't have a USB flash kit for the ESC, is there any way to find out what mode this ESC is programmed?

I still have a LOT of reading to do about ESC's though and programming TC for this kit

THanks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Xtreme-Nano-..._qi=RTM1562570
mitoda is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2014, 02:51 PM   #316 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitoda View Post
Just bought this new set off ebay... with their advanced BL carbon fiber frame, throttle feels weird, it flought ok, but one of the servos not working, so not too much time to experiment.

I don't have a USB flash kit for the ESC, is there any way to find out what mode this ESC is programmed?

I still have a LOT of reading to do about ESC's though and programming TC for this kit

THanks

Xtreme Nano CPX Spin Motor 13500 Converter 10A ESC Plug N Play | eBay
It will be flashed as an xp7A for sure. But with really old BLHeli mine was 3.4!!!! I flashed it to v11 no problems but it's way to big for the nano (heavy) . My advice is get an xp3A it's perfect. Light and doesn't block the 3 in 1 securing screws. Im going to be using mine on a mcpX with HP05...

Last edited by Bhujang; 01-23-2014 at 08:03 AM..
Bhujang is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2014, 02:54 PM   #317 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveapplemotors View Post
Good Day Yannick,

I can't wait. I just ordered 3 rear-AR frames.

I am a tester. I can break anything. I will let you know how the frames work out for me: flying and crashing.

Thanks,
Dave
Hey Dave

If you can any chance you can weigh one of these with both AR brackets on? I'd love to know what it weighs in at?
Old 01-20-2014, 03:41 PM   #318 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Guys,

The landing gear arrived last week!
I had a chance this weekend to test it
This is how it looks on the NCPX

Next to a completely stock N-CPX from a friend of mine.

The battery fits very nice!
Unfortunately I just have a picture of the Tgy battery in the battery tray.
All the batteries fit perfectly into the slot.
I fly with the new Eflite 45C 150mah batteries and I really really like them!
No RPM drops anymore and still lightweight

This frame and landing gear combination works out really well for the HP03 motor Wild or Mild.
There really is no need to adjust the Gear mesh, There is no play on the gears, Still it runs without any friction.
The landing gear feels very solid but is a little heavier then the original LG.
Personally I like to have a little extra weight and don`t having to change the LG every 10 flights.

Cheers!
Old 01-23-2014, 08:05 AM   #319 (permalink)
Registered Users

What's the AUW compared to the stock one beside? I like to keep my nano cpx as light as possible. It is possible to make them lighter than stock with the AD conversion! Light=less bog more power and longer flight times
Old 01-23-2014, 10:04 AM   #320 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Weight Without LIpo is better

Yeah Yannick, thanks. I can't wait, (weight). Nano frames are on the weigh to me

What does the rear AR, heavy-canopy-pin, frame weigh?

And your new skids, which I may try on my next order?

And for comparison does anyone know what a BL ready nano frame with AD CF and servo spacers weighs (with rear AR)?

Stock skids?

Just wondering what to expect...And lazy, I have scales but no Yannick frames, yet.

Another question: does anyone know of a better lipo than the Hyperion 240mah G3?

I fly wild dbl bl for 3 minutes. ONLY. Now and again I get LVC before 3 if I get the pack cold. I can't fly a nano in weather as cold as I can fly my HP06 mcpxs because the nano battery gets too cold no matter how warm when I start. A cold nano can give up in 30 seconds although I try to start with body temperature lipos.

AUW refers to ready to fly with battery, right? Since we use so many different lipos I think including battery weight would help.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in