Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flybarless Helicopter Systems

Flybarless Helicopter Systems CSM Cyclock, Helitronix Multi-mixer, Spartan AP2000i, Firmtronix Digimix-3, Gyrobot, SK360and AC3X

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2010, 03:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Flybarless vs heli size

I have several helis -- T-Rex 250, Blade 400, T-Rex 600 and T-Rex 700. I will probably test a flybarless system on at least one of them sooner or later. The question is -- which one?

The 600 and 700 are already pretty stable. The Blade, however, is more twitchy, and the 250 even more so. Does it make sense to start with the 250? Will it be less affected by wind? Or will it be a waste of money putting a FBL system on such a "cheap" helicopter?

What's your take on FBL vs heli size?
Jotto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2010, 04:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotto View Post
I have several helis -- T-Rex 250, Blade 400, T-Rex 600 and T-Rex 700. I will probably test a flybarless system on at least one of them sooner or later. The question is -- which one?

The 600 and 700 are already pretty stable. The Blade, however, is more twitchy, and the 250 even more so. Does it make sense to start with the 250? Will it be less affected by wind? Or will it be a waste of money putting a FBL system on such a "cheap" helicopter?

What's your take on FBL vs heli size?
Don't even waste the money putting it on a Trex 250, or Blade 400. I would put it on the Trex 600 or 700. It was speed them up with cyclic and make them fly even better. The 250 is fast as it is and twitchy and the Blade is a waste of time for a FBL system. Its not really gonna help much for stablility with a 250 as it is crazy fast and twitchy. Do up the 600 or 700!
Old 01-12-2010, 08:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I've head the larger you go the less worthwhile FBL is.. with the 250 being the most dramatic changed of all.. any 250FBL people want to pitch in?
Old 01-12-2010, 11:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Having both small and large machines on vbar i would recommend installing on the bigger machines. Since smaller machines are mostly flown indoor or better weather conditions i find the real life differences marginal in flight, however you will now be able to fly the bigger machines in adverse weather without problem. Flybarless is not only about stability it's about increased cyclic rate without losing stability throughout manouvres as well as increased power. Also if you use vbar phasing issues are taken care of, not to mention piro optimization for those piro moves.Just put a vbar on that 700 and you wont believe the control.
You'll end up with flybarless on all your machines anyway once you inhaled the virus
Stolla is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2010, 11:02 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

T250 is great on FBL, it flies so much better. I would say of my experience the improvement is the most on the T250. However, if I have to choose between my Logo 500SE and the T250, the Logo is my no.1 choice, then the T500 then the T250. Bigger is just better, flybarless or not.
kyalamikid is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2010, 12:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My first FBL machine was a HoneyBee King II with a GyroBot. I also have a mini V-Bar on my T-Rex 250. These all work well. My best setup is a GyroBot on my E-Smart 600. Bigger helis are naturally more stable. I think a 500 or 600 is a good starting point.

Rick
rickn816 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2010, 01:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have two flybarless helis (Gyrobot 700 in both of them): a Gaui EP200FES and a Protos 500.

Protos is the more stable than Gaui but stillI I prefer my Gaui because it is stable enough and more fun than the Protos! My flybarless Gaui tolerates much more wind than a flybared one so, I am able to fly it outdoors all year around (I never fly it indoors).

I think that it was money well spent.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default FBL T250

I had FBL T250 and it is multiple time more stable and flyable with mini-VBAR on the T250.
I can do all the invert prio.......move without worry the heli will blwon out if my collective management sucks...The biggest transform of FBL is on 250, but as others said bigger heli definately better,
VBAR piro correcton is SUPER>.........and the tail gyro on VBAR is Best, nothing i use come close to it.

Jonathan
Old 01-17-2010, 08:26 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for sharing your views everyone!

I am really in doubt. Because of time and space constraints, I fly my 250 more often than the bigger helis. I usually have half an hour or an hour available for flying now and then, and it takes 25 minutes of driving just to get to the club. The 250, however, can be flown at the local soccer field. I can get there in two minutes with my bicycle :-)

Thus, I'm often flying my 250 when it's windy. The 600 and 700s are already very stable. If the 250 is significantly more stable in windy conditions with a flybarless, going FBL on the 250 will probably give the most bang for the bucks (for ME anyways).
Jotto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2010, 06:12 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotto View Post
Thanks for sharing your views everyone!

I am really in doubt. Because of time and space constraints, I fly my 250 more often than the bigger helis. I usually have half an hour or an hour available for flying now and then, and it takes 25 minutes of driving just to get to the club. The 250, however, can be flown at the local soccer field. I can get there in two minutes with my bicycle :-)
That is excactly why I love my flybarless Gaui EP200. If I have a spare hour to spend with my hobby I can use 50 minutes of it for flying instead of commuting. And my Gaui flies ok in a fairly windy day also.

Last edited by Picofly; 01-21-2010 at 12:52 AM..
Picofly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2010, 02:53 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

This was my exact question and I am glad you guys answered it. I have a Rave 450 which I also fly at a park when I just have an hour or so. I was wondering if the FBL systems would improve stability on windy days and it seems so, judging from your responses.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

yes it does, and yes you'll fly it till you see the improvement, then you'll want it on the bigger machines, then you wont fly the small one anymore.
Seriously though if space and time is a limiting factor it makes sense to put it on the heli you fly most
Stolla is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2010, 09:13 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

A real "sweet spot", and very suitable for a soccer field, is a Trex 500 flybarless.
Danal Estes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in