Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Electric Helicopters

700 Class Electric Helicopters 700 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2011, 01:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default CHP DL framed 800 stretch

Ok, Im really considering doing this. I have the original 700E not the V2. Im debating on buying the frames and boom. Then Getting the V2 head and tail. I could keep my current 700E together then. Are the V2 parts really worth it though? I was thinking about buying the KDE heavy duty main gear if it will fit the frames. Im sure it would hold up to the 800 blades better. Run an 11 or 12 tooth pinion. Im not sure on the motor yet. Scorpion or Xera around 450Kv. I have a castle 110esc and a Vbar. Im thinking out loud here. HV servos all the way around. Any suggestions or opinions here?

"Why buy one when you can buy two for twice the price"
A.Delaney is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2011, 08:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think the consensus is that the helical CNC gear by Align is the leader as far as resistance to stripping.

I really like the V2 tails. They are a better engineered piece of work, have a lot less slop, and allowed higher gyro settings (for me anyway).

Hear less enthusiastic reviews about the V2 head, so if you already have the V1 head I'm not sure that's a necessary upgrade. I have read that the pitch arms take some work to get adjusted correctly. I haven't tried this though, so maybe others have a different opinion of it. I do have one KDE FBL head that I like better than the v1 where I have to adjust the phasing. It's a beautiful piece of work...

That should be an interesting project!
Old 11-01-2011, 08:36 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by K2Freak View Post
I think the consensus is that the helical CNC gear by Align is the leader as far as resistance to stripping......
agreed, that in with the highest pinion you can get

i run a 478kv 14/112 combo but that was with 710mm.... but after some calculations 2200 rpm on 810's should be achievable , ran at 2k rpm and their were no problems but that was just a quick test hover
Old 11-01-2011, 03:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Great. Thanks for the help guys. I will stick with the Align helical gear and keep my rotor head. I may try the V2 tail. Where do you get the 112 tooth main gear? I was thinking 18-1900 rpm max for head speed for 800 blades.

Old 11-01-2011, 05:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you watch the video of the 700e flown stock with the 800 blades and stretch kit you'd see that 1600 rpm is plenty. That is what I would target to get some good flight time and keep that cool wop, wop of the blades sound.

Tom
litespeed is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2011, 06:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can you post me a link to the video?

Old 11-01-2011, 08:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My bad, it is 1700rpm.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evxZFJFRM7w&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Dave is an awesome pilot though so take that into consideration.

Tom
Old 11-01-2011, 09:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

how are the auto times and maneuverability with the 800 size?
Scorpion Power packs USA
mattox is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2011, 09:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow! Very nice video. Awesome flying. It should really perform with less weight.

Old 11-01-2011, 11:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

and what is the rtf of the 800 size that you have?
Scorpion Power packs USA
mattox is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2011, 12:12 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am curious as well what is the all up weight of the heli? Thanks
raptorz499 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2011, 12:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Im am still building my heli. All the parts havent come in yet. Im anxious myself to see what it weighs compared to the stock 700E.

Old 11-05-2011, 01:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Logically, assuming all other factors remain constant, the difference would be the weight of 100mm's of boom, TT and rudder control rod (4g's or so) and the weight of your 800mm blades minus the weight of your previous blades. Align 800's weigh 445g's, the stock Align 690's weigh 350g's. 445-350+4=99g. 99/28=3.5oz.

Your all-up weight could vary significantly depending on setup.
Old 11-05-2011, 03:52 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got everything but the frame kit today from the postman....er post person. These blades are awesome! I can't believe how big they are, wife told me the same thing.........about the blades! Get you mind out of the gutter although she's bed ridden for a few days now..... :-P A 600mm to 710mm comparison just doesn't do a fair comparison. With prices like these is obvious why Align sucks us all in......

Tom
Old 11-06-2011, 01:33 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by litespeed View Post
I got everything but the frame kit today from the postman....er post person. These blades are awesome! I can't believe how big they are, wife told me the same thing.........about the blades! Get you mind out of the gutter although she's bed ridden for a few days now..... :-P A 600mm to 710mm comparison just doesn't do a fair comparison. With prices like these is obvious why Align sucks us all in......

Tom
Awesome! Mine should be here soon. What electronic setup are you going with? Im going to do away with my rx pack and run a bec this time. Im thinking MKS HBL 950's cyclic and HBL980 rudder for servos. I have a blue line V-bar for the gyro. Im not sure yet about the motor and esc. Im using a castle 110 amp esc right now. I debated on changing it to a YGE 120 or Kontronik 120. Thats an expensive upgrade though. I could keep the castle esc and change the motor to a Scorpion or Xera instead. Decisions decisions.

Old 11-06-2011, 06:30 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

For now I'm transferring all from the Trex 700 with the exception of ditching the receiver lipo/voltage regulator and going to a Castle Bec Pro. 610 cyclic, 8900G tail, CC80HV, 700MX running KDE mount and 11 tooth pinion, Black V-Bar and Futaba receiver. I don't have the money....well don't want to spend the money on a new motor so I'm going to try what I have with the 11 tooth pinion. At 1700 rpm it put my set rpm percentage at 84.9% but if that doesn't work well I'll go to a Scorpion 4035 450 which would put me at 1675 rpm at 94.8% so that would be real doable. I'd like to be able to run in the 1200-1400 range just to try that out but motors are not cheap "just to try." 1400 at 79% might be doable with the 450 KV but in my experience the CC doesn't like gov below 85%.

Tom
Old 11-06-2011, 08:44 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

What packs are you running with? I have some Lightning Power 6s 5000's but im worried they may be to big and heavy. My Hyperion 6s 5000's are much smaller and lighter. Although the Hyperions are 25c compared to the 40c of the lightning powers. Im anxious to see how it balances out with the 800 boom and blades. Also are you going to run the stock tail blades?

Old 11-06-2011, 08:52 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think the 80amp esc would be pushing it with the big blades and the heavy batteries...would probably puff the 25c batteries so much they would get stuck in the frames lol. Unless you were only hovering maybe? What do you fellas think? I am tempted to build one of these monsters myself.
raptorz499 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2011, 09:07 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorz499 View Post
I think the 80amp esc would be pushing it with the big blades and the heavy batteries...would probably puff the 25c batteries so much they would get stuck in the frames lol. Unless you were only hovering maybe? What do you fellas think? I am tempted to build one of these monsters myself.
Do it!! Im actually running the castle 110 amp esc and with these new frames. You wont have to worry about batteries fitting between the frames, but under the canopy. Im worried the 700E canopy wont be wide enough at the nose.

Old 11-06-2011, 10:43 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorz499 View Post
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evxZFJFRM7w&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Maybe you should watch this 80HV in action. As far as the 25C batteries I think you should have a closer look at the Gens Ace 25s. They have more pep than my new 40c Turnigy's for what ever that is worth.

Tom

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in