Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 500 Class Electric Helicopters

500 Class Electric Helicopters 500 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2014, 01:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question Good or bad idea

Hi all HF's

I've been thinking of selling my Mini Titan v2 and save up for a Trex 500.
The reason being, that every time I go to the field it gets left in the car 90% of time because of the wind. If that wind just blows a bit, then the 450 is no fun.
On the flip side, it's a nice small heli to practice with and it helped me a lot, but I just feel school's out and I feel more comfortable with my 600 anyway.

What do you guys think, good or bad idea?

Thanx for your advice
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2014, 01:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think It's a good idea. my 500 is my beater heli, I practice all my new moves on it and get comfortable on it before I try it on my 550. the 500 is a good size to learn on. Plus, Iv'e had it up in 30mph winds quite a few times. still no fun, but it does teach you to control it better.
Old 08-24-2014, 02:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Actually I'd stick with both 450 and 500. 500 open box kit could be had for couple hundred - if your on a tight budget - bounce the controller off the mini titan onto it.....find a cheap source of 425mm blades and the crashes end up being about same cost.

You know if you go up one size bigger that that - a 550e - it will share alot of parts in common with your 600N.......think those open box or clearance for little more than 300 US without the FBL unit..................
Old 08-24-2014, 04:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

trex 500 is a good practice heli but so is the 450, i hardly notice wind with either... Crashes on my trex 500 usually run 60 to 70 bucks but a maneuver gone wrong could put it into the $200 to $300 range. So depending on how competent I am with the maneuver would depend on the heli i'm practicing the with

Last edited by Kap'n Krunch; 08-24-2014 at 05:11 PM..
Kap'n Krunch is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2014, 10:07 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

WIND ???? I fly my 250 in 20 MPH wind.....
get it up and nose it to the wind until you get the hang of it.

Its fun when the wind IS REALLY BLOWNING ! The little helicopter is like I THINK I CAN....... I THINK I CAN..... LOL
Its really fast when ya fly with the wind .. Zoom Zoom
Cross Winds are the hardest but once up and in the air it gets better . You may get a little Yo-Yo ( Quick up and down )
Its fun....... I think I can .. I think I can... YO Yo yO YO ... Zoom Zoom... YO yO Yo YO... Repeat

THAT BEING SAID...
The 500 size ( 430mm blade) is the first little helicopter that fly's like a big helicopter. You could do a 480 Tarot kit on your 450? The 360MM blades make it more stable.

MGPTWEGB is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2014, 10:15 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Good idea. If you're not flying it why own it? I know it's hard to get your money out but even if you get enough to buy another set of packs it's a good move.

I sold my 450's once I got comfortable with my 500.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:50 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

The first time I attempted this hobby, I had tried with a 450 and found it to be too challenging and not much fun (yes I had a Sim). I had to give it up for awhile, but when I returned, I got a 500 sized and will never look back.

I love my 500!
Ron_R is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2014, 12:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanx for all the responses.
Another thing that bugs me is the fact that I charge my batteries every time and then I dont fly them. So I get back home, discharge them, put them on storage and next weekend the same thing. So I gonna have to replace the batteries at some point as well because I still "use" them, so thats also just wasting money.

My mind's made up, I'm gonna sell it.

Thanx guys!!!

Tags
minititan|| align 500||

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in