Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Century

Century Century Helicopters Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2010, 04:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default (((OFFICIAL RADIKAL LT Blade Grip Warning!)))

May 23, 2010
For immediate release:

Due to one known in-flight failure of a LT blade grip, Century Helicopter Products is issuing a warning to immediately stop the use of all LT blade grips. Other ALL METAL rotor blade grips are fine to fly from Century. If you use another brand head, you assume all responsibility of its use.

The LT blade grips look like this:

Century Helicopter Products are currently redesigning the LT blade grips for an extreme margin of safety.

We will replace these blade grips at no charge when they are available. The ETA for availability of the LT-NX blade grips will be 2 weeks.

We at Century Helicopter Products know everyone is eager to fly. Therefore, in the meantime, we will offer two options for customers who are not willing to wait.

Option 1) Purchase an all metal rotorhead upgrade CN2516SA

at a discount of 40% off $139.95 = $83.97

Option 2) Upgrade to an HD head for $40.00.

To qualify for these discounted prices, proof of purchase must be provided of a Radikal G20 LT version.

We at Century Helicopter Products take safety very seriously.

If you know someone running these blade grips on a Radikal G20, please inform them of this warning!
Century Heli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2010, 12:15 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default century blade grips

aren't this the same blade grips as to a hawk pro?if so if i get the cnc ones do i get the 40% off?
pinoydad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2010, 07:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

We are now offering another option. We have metal blade grips which are a direct replacement.

The part number is CN2558 at $26.95 each grip.

For the customers who purchased an Radikal G20 LT, we are offering a pair of these at a 40% discount. The price is $32.24 for a pair. This is only for customers who purchased a Radikal G20 LT. All of these offers will expire once the LT-NX blade grips arrive. At that time, we will send out replacement LT-NX grips at no charge to the customer. If you are an international customer, please contact us directly at sales@centuryheli.com or call us at 408-451-1155 to apply for any of these discounts.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:39 PM   #4 (permalink)

Default Grips

Guys all of our Lite kits will be offered with the new Metal grips
BobbySmith is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2010, 09:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

if you are putting metel grips in the lite kits, then i shouldn`t have to pay extra for them ,i just got my kit may 5 and didnt start it yet . i just listed it here for sale if i got the right offer i am going to unload it!
winginit69 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2010, 01:01 PM   #6 (permalink)

Well, want to know why people buy poor quality materials at high price ?

Quote:
We will replace these blade grips at no charge when they are available.
Will you replace the helicopter damages ? 2000 bucks helicopter ? What strategy is that ?
sell low-quality plastic to encourage people to buy aluminium parts ?
Mikasa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2010, 01:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You need to think about it this way: What do most manufacturers do when a problem is found? Usually they just deny it and let the customers find out the hard way!

Century is at least stepping up and offering reasonable solutions for the problem.

You guys that are slapping this response down need to back up and think about it reasonably and logically.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

a big + 1 Chris.

Century isnt pushing anyone to buy the metal grips, it is simply an alternative for those who dont want to wait a couple weeks. The fact they are doing this and at 32 bucks a set tells me they are trying to do the right thing. With responses like the one from Mikasa goes to show you how true the old saying some people will never be happy! They just like to bitch. If century response to this situation was stop flying and we will send out new grips as soon as possible, Mikasa would be the first to say "what am I suppose to do in meantime?"
Old 06-03-2010, 08:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm not one for Alum blade grips so I'm just sitting back waiting for the updated parts. Do we need to contact Century? Are they just going to mass mail out grips to anyone that has ever ordered parts for a Radikal?
I would appreciate a response here from Century, not just speculation.
And while you are here a little update on the ETA for those of us patiently & quietly waiting. Thanks
Old 06-08-2010, 09:31 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmrpm View Post
I'm not one for Alum blade grips so I'm just sitting back waiting for the updated parts. Do we need to contact Century? Are they just going to mass mail out grips to anyone that has ever ordered parts for a Radikal?
I would appreciate a response here from Century, not just speculation.
And while you are here a little update on the ETA for those of us patiently & quietly waiting. Thanks
May I suggest that you call their 800 number or e-mail them directly....or PM Century Heli from the opening post here in this thread.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

LT NX blade grips are now in stock in the USA. For international customers, please check with your local distributor.

For all USA domestic customers, please send an e-mail to sales@centuryheli.com with the subject titled "LT NX Grip Replacement" with the following information:

Full Name:
Shipping Address:
Phone Number:
E-Mail Address:
Serial Number:
Place of Purchase:

Attach a photo in your e-mail correspondence with "Century Helicopter Grip Replacement" written on a piece of paper sitting beside your Radikal LT. Your Radikal LT must be in full view in the photo.

Once we receive your email, we will send out your LT NX grips free of charge.

If you have any issues with these requirements, please feel free to contact us at sales@centuryheli.com.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:37 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

bump
helimanny is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2010, 01:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just a heads up but i just noticed that the grips on my bell 47 are the same thing. I will post this in its own thread but thought if any one here that has scale bell47 model should check them as well becouse they are the same as far as i can tell.
rcdave930 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2010, 02:15 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's only the radical that needs the beefier grips due to the extra stress of the gasser power plant.
Old 12-04-2010, 04:16 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcdave930 View Post
Just a heads up but i just noticed that the grips on my bell 47 are the same thing. I will post this in its own thread but thought if any one here that has scale bell47 model should check them as well becouse they are the same as far as i can tell.
Sorry rcdave, the sky is not falling. The blade grips on your Bell 47 are fine. They have been used on their 50 nitro helis for over 10 years with no issues.

But the larger gas powered Radikal G20 is a much bigger and heavier machine, so Century decided to supply it with more heavy duty grips.

These are not necessary on your Bell 47, or on any other of their 50 nitros.

Of note, is that ALL off the Radikal LT G20 kit's that we purchase this year, have all come with these HD grips already in the kits.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in