Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > New Member Section

New Member Section If you are new to HF, please tell us a little bit about yourself. What Helis do you fly? You will find our community very friendly, why not break the ice and introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2013, 06:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New to Helis

Hello friends,

I am from the Iowa (no we dont grow potatoes) in the Midwest USA where I have more room to fly then the sky is blue. I used to fly RC Planes in the mid 1970's and got board as I was in the military then and could not afford to advance anymore then a 4 channel Tower Hobbies Radio/Recv'r.

Back in those days RC helis were a dream for many. Today its a changed allot and is a WOW world. So I AM BACK...this time to learn to fly collective pitch before my arthritis gets the best of me.

It all started with last Christmas when I got a MICRO COAXIAL with a camera to boot. I loved the little thing and bought more and bigger coaxial's. But again I am here in the midwest where the wind always blows. Despite me modding many to make then fly in the wind, its still a matter of physics. And if you add weight to the nose they will fly but like heavy airplanes you better be scared during the whole flight. NOT MUCH FUN. Like flying a high winged trainer!!!

I bought a cheap DBL Horse 9104 to start in with fix pitched and what a piece of junk.

So I am jumping head into collective pitch: thumbup:. I have a simulator and time to read the net. : clappp

Send me as many PMs as you want, especially with advise on taming down my Blade 300x!
ICANDOIT is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2013, 04:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Welcome to the addiction!

Besides getting usefull help here in the forum, I recommend getting two e-books.

1.) Setup & tips....
2.) 120/140 Swashplate....

@ http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/rc-he...r-e-books.html

I bought them myself. They helped me a lot setting up my helis. The website itself also has a lot of good information, worth reading.
DX9, DX6i, Blade Nano CP X, ZYX "Blade" 130X, Blade 180 CFX, Blade 230S, Blade 300X, Blade 450 3D (about 2 b FBL; have the parts, not the time), Blade 180QX, Blade 230S V2, Convergence, Mini Convergence.
Neunerball is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2013, 08:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Welcome to HF!
CobraCurt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in