Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Electric Micro/Mini Helicopters > X400 and MX400

X400 and MX400 Ark X400 and HeliMax MX400 Helicopters Information

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2007, 12:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default TREX = MX450 parts

Hey everyone, I have the mx450xs and I am curious as to which TREX parts will fit with little to no mods. My hobby shops only carry align products and I would like to know what I can and CANNOT buy.
I need answers to the following, not to mention what ever I forgot to add...:

Trex full head assy?
Trex blades?
Trex flybars?
Trex landing gear?
Trex tail blades? (what size?)
DarkHeli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2007, 07:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default MX Trex

The align 325 pro woods are great and in my opinion way better then the fiberglass one that come with the MX, they bolt right on the MX and best of all they cost around 15 bucks.
T-Rex flybar works also and if you put some light weight T-rex paddles you will have a more responsive MX.
The above is only T-Rex stuff I have tryed on my MX.
Scott
Scottlclem is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2007, 08:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottlclem View Post
The align 325 pro woods are great and in my opinion way better then the fiberglass one that come with the MX, they bolt right on the MX and best of all they cost around 15 bucks.
T-Rex flybar works also and if you put some light weight T-rex paddles you will have a more responsive MX.
The above is only T-Rex stuff I have tryed on my MX.
Scott
Great!, just what I needed to know. Just recently I found that the FibreGlass blades suck, tracking wise, they kinda look like this \___/ when tracked...Great that the flybar works, my next mod will be some GG or CF paddles.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I've got both a TRex-450SE and a standard MX400 so it's a little different from your ccpm MX450, but from the swash up they're the same. If you replace everything from the swash up, you can use Align parts. Otherwise, there are enough differences that most individual parts are not really interchangeable. The flybar seesaws are different, which makes the rotor head different. That also means the mixing arms and the flybar cages are not interchangeable. The MX main grips are wider to accomodate the locknut. TRex main grips are narrower because they use a bolt instead of a nut. So to use Align blades, you'll have to either rig up some shims or swap grips and spindle shafts. Main shafts are interchangeable. A big difference is that the Main gears are different--the MX uses 140 tooth, the TRex uses 150 tooth. Landing skids are almost the same, except the screws bolt in at right angles on the MX instead of straight up on the TRex. Tedani used to make little aluminum adapter brackets to use TRex skids on an MX, but they no longer carry them. The older MX400 uses a short boom like the old original TRex. You've got the MX450, so it has the same length long boom as the current TRex. That means booms and belts are interchangeable. The entire tail assembly is interchangeable. Swash plates are interchangeable. Be aware that Heli-Max swashes can separate the way earlier Align swashes did. Another worthwhile improvement is swapping all the aluminum ball links for Align stainless steel ones as the aluminum balls will wear and get sloppy.

If you convert the entire head to Align, then really the only things that are not interchangeable are the frames and main gear. That dictates the distance from the main shaft to the tail pulley shaft, and to the motor pinion. Since the MX uses a smaller diameter main gear, those distances are shorter, so an Align main gear will be too big. Because of the smaller main gear, use a motor pinion with 1-2 teeth more than the corresponding TRex setup to get roughly the same performance.

My MX is mostly TRex now, as I've converted the entire head, blades, boom, tail and skids to Align. The only thing left Heli-Max is the main frame and main gear.
AMA #35431
BikeNBoatN is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2007, 01:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
So to use Align blades, you'll have to either rig up some shims or swap grips and spindle shafts
i'm using align 325 woodies on my stock mx450, with no mods. am i missing something?

Quote:
Be aware that Heli-Max swashes can separate the way earlier Align swashes did
what exactly do you mean by this? the bearings coming apart?
Old 11-29-2007, 05:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Shims

The MX-450 comes with the shims , you have to use them with the stock fiberglass blades. So the T-rex blades work perfect with the same shims.
Scottlclem is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2007, 06:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottlclem View Post
The MX-450 comes with the shims , you have to use them with the stock fiberglass blades. So the T-rex blades work perfect with the same shims.
perfect..325 woodies should be here tommorow
Old 12-02-2007, 09:23 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

what about the swash separating?
Old 12-03-2007, 12:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I first read about it on RR, but doing a quick search of it here on the Freak came up with this link. Post #4 on this link also mentions the problem with X400's.
AMA #35431
BikeNBoatN is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2007, 04:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikeNBoatN View Post
I first read about it on RR, but doing a quick search of it here on the Freak came up with this link. Post #4 on this link also mentions the problem with X400's.
it mentions the mx400

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in