Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Helicopter Safety

Helicopter Safety R/C Helicopter Safety

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2012, 05:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned User

Post I'll let you guys decide on this one

Found this on the interwebs. You tell me.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGADJf0lxTk&feature=g-vrec[/ame]
kavic5150 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2012, 05:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Inter web? I don't know what to tell you.
Vegasdude is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2012, 05:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Not a good idea but no one is in danger but the pilot and the garage and some cars.

So it may not be a good idea and it may not be safe but he was not causing danger for other people. So i say if that is what he wants to do than why not

Sent from my YP-G70 using Tapatalk 2

Blade 180 CFX, Sold the rest of my stuff, I dont really fly all that often any more.
dannylightning is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2012, 11:49 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

The only thing I could think of is he just save blowing our the garage on the weekend. Should be 100% dust free.
YoungBull is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2012, 12:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Someone should educate this poor soul.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
RCHN #15

PauloG is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2012, 10:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannylightning View Post
Not a good idea but no one is in danger but the pilot and the garage and some cars.
Freakin' weird man. I was gonna say EXACTLY that. EXACTLY.

What is the real purpose of this thread? Yeah, OMG someone that is doing something dangerous. Quick, everyone fire away at this guy's stupidity. It will be so productive and glorious! We will be applauded by many. Sorry for the rant. Wait, no I'm not...Would I do that? Hell no! Anyway, nice heli.
Mike2112 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2012, 06:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Why would you do a 5 min hover lol thats not a real test....
"NO CRASHES" "THIS THING IS AWESOME" all that from a 5 min hover in your garage wow all I can say is wow.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:14 AM   #8 (permalink)
Banned User
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2112 View Post

What is the real purpose of this thread? Yeah, OMG someone that is doing something dangerous. Quick, everyone fire away at this guy's stupidity. It will be so productive and glorious! We will be applauded by many. Sorry for the rant. Wait, no I'm not...Would I do that? Hell no! Anyway, nice heli.
Whats the real purpose of any thread in the safety forum? What happens if one little thing goes wrong on that Goblin? One linkage on the rotor head pops off and next thing you know that guy is in the hospital.

We post things like this in the safety forum so, out of the 197 (and counting) other folks that have viewed this thread, a few of them who might have hovered in their garage or living room will think twice.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOhUfGxKGy0[/ame]
Old 08-31-2012, 12:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavic5150 View Post
Found this on the interwebs. You tell me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGADJ...feature=g-vrec

It looked to me like the guy was having a blast with his new Goblin.

As long as no one is involved that doesn't know the risks or has no choice, it’s not that big a deal. I'm assuming he realizes that one mechanical failure on that probably brand new heli could be disastrous to him and those cars.

I wouldn't do it, but there are lots of things I have done that I wouldn't do anymore.

Rick
rdlohr is online now        Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2012, 10:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs down Smug Alert YouTube Posting! A+

Quote:
Whats the real purpose of any thread in the safety forum? What happens if one little thing goes wrong on that Goblin? One linkage on the rotor head pops off and next thing you know that guy is in the hospital.

We post things like this in the safety forum so, out of the 197 (and counting) other folks that have viewed this thread, a few of them who might have hovered in their garage or living room will think twice.
Wow, you brought up the flat Earth thing you and I disagreed on in the past. No need to be rude. Undercover demons from the past? You seem to be a nice intelligent person, but let me ask, just how tall is the horse? Nice! Listen dude, there is a difference between starting threads about safety and posting some random video you found of someone YOU don't approve of and most can see that. It comes across as smug, no? But hey, your entitled to voice your opinion. Wait here, I'm gonna go find a video of someone crossing the street without looking both ways so I can contribute and help enlighten people about what they shouldn't do. Cuz peoples is dumb, right. Rant off.
Old 09-01-2012, 06:48 AM   #11 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:

Quote:
Wow, you brought up the flat Earth thing you and I disagreed on in the past. No need to be rude. Undercover demons from the past? You seem to be a nice intelligent person, but let me ask, just how tall is the horse? Nice! Listen dude, there is a difference between starting threads about safety and posting some random video you found of someone YOU don't approve of and most can see that. It comes across as smug, no? But hey, your entitled to voice your opinion. Wait here, I'm gonna go find a video of someone crossing the street without looking both ways so I can contribute and help enlighten people about what they shouldn't do. Cuz peoples is dumb, right. Rant off.
Actually Mike, I found your post to be the rude one. If you don't like what someone posts, move one. Let the moderators decide if a post in inappropriate. Allow people to be themselves and enjoy helifreak the way they want please.
Thanks
Rick
Old 09-01-2012, 02:30 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlohr View Post
Actually Mike, I found your post to be the rude one. If you don't like what someone posts, move one. Let the moderators decide if a post in inappropriate. Allow people to be themselves and enjoy helifreak the way they want please.
Thanks
Rick
I can understand what you mean and I resect what you have said. From a certain perspective i came across as rude, however, it's a long story, but Kavic and I have had our agreements and disagreements in the past and that is that. I will heed your advice and move on in the future. I just said what I thought at the moment. AnyWay, I understand, no problem.
Old 09-01-2012, 02:39 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned User

I put that MIB clip in just for the sake of comedy. Sorry, but I dont remember the specifics about a flat earth thread. I'll have to go back and look now.

Apologies if at some point I've offended you, maybe we could agree to disagree.

I stand by this thread and the other one where a pilot hand launches a FP heli.

When I was a pre teen I used to light small firecrackers in my hand and then throw them, until one day when a fuse ran fast on me and it exploded in my hand. The force of the blast splayed my fingers apart and it really hurt. Thankfully it was a small firecracker and there was no damage. We've all done stupid things before.

I want as many people as possible to view threads here in the safety section because sooner or later someone will hover in their garage and hit a full can of spray paint. Or their dog. Or a propane tank with a slight leak.

Maybe with these vids/threads we can prevent a few injuries/mishaps.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
I can understand what you mean and I resect what you have said. From a certain perspective i came across as rude, however, it's a long story, but Kavic and I have had our agreements and disagreements in the past and that is that. I will heed your advice and move on in the future. I just said what I thought at the moment. AnyWay, I understand, no problem.
Thanks Mike.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:43 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Apologies if at some point I've offended you, maybe we could agree to disagree.
Water under the bridge. I was probably grumpy that night or stressed or something. I should have worded things better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlohr View Post
Thanks Mike.
No need for that, but I appreciate it.
Old 09-01-2012, 08:41 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Didn't see anything what so ever wrong with that video.The guy did a nice controlled test hover in his garage which is his property..
Old 09-06-2012, 08:34 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wonder if he cracked his canopy installing it on the bird. Everyone else who has a Goblin seems to have this problem.
Flooznie is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2012, 03:54 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Whoever is getting upset over this video really needs to get a life. This guy took his own heli and hovered it in his garage. Whats the F'n problem? Worry about yourself and quit crying.
CrashNburn420 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2012, 09:38 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I just thought 'Do a pyroflip!'.
mjbrands is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2012, 04:32 PM   #20 (permalink)
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashNburn420 View Post
Whoever is getting upset over this video really needs to get a life. This guy took his own heli and hovered it in his garage. Whats the F'n problem? Worry about yourself and quit crying.
Imagine the worst possible scenario. One of the blades cracks at the root and breaks off becoming a CF missile and it hits the pilot. Sure 999 of us could hover in the garage no problem. But that 1000th guy or 10,000th guy has to go through life with just one eyeball.

Or worse it lodges in his forehead and hes practically a vegetable for the rest of his life.

Think hard.

Its all too easy to be an internet tough guy and say no big deal, why post this. But one, just one little plastic linkage pops off and suddenly you have a goblin at full head speed going sideways in a random direction.

Remember my words, its what you are not concerned about thats likely to get you. Become complacent at your own risk.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in