Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > 4G3

4G3 Walkera 4G3 Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2011, 10:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default converted my cp to double brushed???tail???? edited

Converted a novus cp i got from the bay to the double brush-less main and tail
followed directions to the t.
I will power up bind correctly and i give it throttle the main spins the tail stutters a bit then spin's
it gets better...when at full throttle i move the tail rudder (on my tx) full stick rudder right is fine i give it full stick rudder to the left the motor stop's???
I have been reading around on here and haven't seen anyone with that issue yet...could it be the battery's?? the 400's aren't strong enough? i have a full metal double brushed 4g3 and use it's factory 400's and no prob on that bird....??what gives?
To reiterate on the conversion i did i did not solder anything except the tail...exactly like my 4g3 is set up i used the y wire that came with the conversion..it has not had this problem...ideas??
thanks in advance

*edit* soldered the both esc's together eliminating y wire now just one plug end...no change...ideas?

Last edited by jlcoolio70; 01-22-2011 at 12:14 PM.. Reason: added the post
jlcoolio70 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2011, 11:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's the correct behavior, on full tilt it will use the main rotors full torque to let the heli spin, hence no tail rotor required, in the opposite direction the tail motor will be spinning at max speed.

Let me know if you can get it to fly, I heard the double brushless setup is impossible to fly from my lHS, I'd like to see someone overcome this.

cheers!

xp
xp190 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2011, 08:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by xp190 View Post

Let me know if you can get it to fly, I heard the double brushless setup is impossible to fly from my lHS, I'd like to see someone overcome this.

cheers!

xp
There are plenty of folk who fly double brushless 4G3s including myself. It's no harder to fly than a brushed 4G3. Why does your LHS say it's 'impossible to fly'?

Dusty
Blade 400, mSR, mCPX - Sonix SX450SE - Walkera 1#A, 4#3, 4#3A, 4#3B, 4G3
Dusty1000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2011, 10:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Dusty

I went in to ask about the double brushless conversion and the guys there told me to stay away from it as they could not get the tail under control. I guess I should get the upgrade and show them how it's done with your guidance.

Any good sources for the kit?

Cheers

xp
xp190 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2011, 10:51 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

The stock brshlss tail motor is junk; mine would cut out, then once it pops out, still works but even less reliably. Once upgraded to 2.9g tail motor it's much more predictable. It's also good to add tail boom struts--I'm soon going to adapt 4G6 ones to 4g3...
Beckler is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2011, 06:37 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hey Dusty

I went in to ask about the double brushless conversion and the guys there told me to stay away from it as they could not get the tail under control. I guess I should get the upgrade and show them how it's done with your guidance.

Any good sources for the kit?

Cheers

xp
clubheli.com should have most of what you need, including a jjetski tail motor mount. If they don't sell the 2.9g motor you'll get one at wowhobbies that has a clip to hold it onto it's mount.

It's also advisable to use a bigger pinion for the main motor if you're using the stock 12t. I use an 18t I got from chinesejade.com although a 16t is apparently more suitable.

Dusty
Blade 400, mSR, mCPX - Sonix SX450SE - Walkera 1#A, 4#3, 4#3A, 4#3B, 4G3
Dusty1000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2011, 07:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
That's the correct behavior, on full tilt it will use the main rotors full torque to let the heli spin, hence no tail rotor required, in the opposite direction the tail motor will be spinning at max speed.

cheers!

xp
Well, I haven't found the secret. For some perverse reason, I recently bought a brushless tail upgrade kit for my Novus CP from the L.H.S. I also have a 4G6 and now an M120D01, but I still had a certain nostalgic fondness for my old Novus CP. Maybe it's the minimalist design and orange paint scheme that I like, so I thought I would try to improve it and keep it flying. Big mistake.

I have tried all permutations of transmitter settings, both on the TX624 and the 2801 Pro. I even soldered the tail motor wires directly to the ESC. Long ago, I installed the brushless main motor with a 14 tooth pinion. It was passable after that, but now it is just impossible. I'm using 600 mAh 20C batteries.

$40 bucks down the drain. My advice would be to just stay away and save your money for one of the newer Novus (or preferably Walkera) helis. They are now light years ahead of the old Novus CP/Walkera 4G3.

Time to fully retire my Novus CP. At least it will look better sitting on the shelf with its new brushless (and utterly useless) tail. Did I mention that it's orange!
all-thumbs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2011, 03:50 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by all-thumbs View Post
Well, I haven't found the secret. For some perverse reason, I recently bought a brushless tail upgrade kit for my Novus CP from the L.H.S. I also have a 4G6 and now an M120D01, but I still had a certain nostalgic fondness for my old Novus CP. Maybe it's the minimalist design and orange paint scheme that I like, so I thought I would try to improve it and keep it flying. Big mistake.

I have tried all permutations of transmitter settings, both on the TX624 and the 2801 Pro. I even soldered the tail motor wires directly to the ESC. Long ago, I installed the brushless main motor with a 14 tooth pinion. It was passable after that, but now it is just impossible. I'm using 600 mAh 20C batteries.

$40 bucks down the drain. My advice would be to just stay away and save your money for one of the newer Novus (or preferably Walkera) helis. They are now light years ahead of the old Novus CP/Walkera 4G3.

Time to fully retire my Novus CP. At least it will look better sitting on the shelf with its new brushless (and utterly useless) tail. Did I mention that it's orange!
+100

The orange got me. I love the looks of this heli. I should have avoided it. I have spent more time on this bird than any ever.

One flight its fine, the next flight its a orange headed step child.
Blade 360 BL 2 Devil 380 Outrage Fusion 50 Gaui X5,NX4,X2 NX4: Savox sh1250, sh 1257, Ikon, Hatori pipe, OS 37 X5: RJX 0521HV X2:MKS DS 95l Spektrum H3020 7200bx Scorpion HSC MCP X BL NCcraig Flashed TA 915 9t.
DarkMatterBlades.com
ifly_65 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in