Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > MSH Protos > MSH Mini Protos

MSH Mini Protos MSH Mini Protos Helicopter Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 02:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 6s motor

I recently picked up a stretched mini p airframe as my first "bigger" heli. Was really looking at the warp but decided the mini p was a better decision. Im looking to do a 6s setup but having trouble locating a motor. any help would be appreciated
TSully is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2012, 10:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I brought one from Helidirect about two weeks ago. Beware your choices for 1300-1350 mah lipos are limited. The options for a 4s setup are better.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSully View Post
I recently picked up a stretched mini p airframe as my first "bigger" heli. Was really looking at the warp but decided the mini p was a better decision. Im looking to do a 6s setup but having trouble locating a motor. any help would be appreciated
You won't regret getting a MiniP. Just make sure you align the frame sides correctly so that the bearing blocks are not skewed. This will make sure you have a level surface to mount your gyro/FBL unit on and it will fly more accurately. I used an empty servo case on the opposite side of the elevator servo to align the bearing blocks perfectly.

For a 6s setup the only current choice is the MSH branded Scorpion 2221-1300KV. The Compass Warp motor has a 4mm shaft so it won't work in the MiniP and I'm not aware of anything else with low enough KV. There is talk about Scorpion producing a 2520 motor for the Compass Warp. It would just need a shaft suitable for the MiniP and I'm sure they will sell it to us even if MSH don't commission it. I have told Perry at Scorpion that I would like to test such a motor when the prototype is ready.
Old 12-22-2012, 10:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Still can't find 6s motor in stock anywhere......anybody have one they wanna sell or know where i can get one?
TSully is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2012, 11:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I want one too
dl5973 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2012, 11:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahbouni View Post
You won't regret getting a MiniP. Just make sure you align the frame sides correctly so that the bearing blocks are not skewed. This will make sure you have a level surface to mount your gyro/FBL unit on and it will fly more accurately. I used an empty servo case on the opposite side of the elevator servo to align the bearing blocks perfectly.

For a 6s setup the only current choice is the MSH branded Scorpion 2221-1300KV. The Compass Warp motor has a 4mm shaft so it won't work in the MiniP and I'm not aware of anything else with low enough KV. There is talk about Scorpion producing a 2520 motor for the Compass Warp. It would just need a shaft suitable for the MiniP and I'm sure they will sell it to us even if MSH don't commission it. I have told Perry at Scorpion that I would like to test such a motor when the prototype is ready.

Umma you said Mini Protos and Align in the same paragraph
dl5973 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 03:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSully View Post
Still can't find 6s motor in stock anywhere......anybody have one they wanna sell or know where i can get one?
Just search Google for MSH41113 and you will find
Old 12-31-2012, 12:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

so if I where to purchase a 2221-2010 i wouldn't be able to use the pinions?
Old 01-01-2013, 06:22 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

How about this one:
http://www.scorpionsystem.com/catalo...K-2221-1630KV/

A bit more than the desired 1300KV but with pinion and speed controller im sure you can get your desired headspeed.
LikeaNut is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 06:31 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here is another possibility.

http://www.wowhobbies.com/agnhml450m...tor1700kv.aspx

What do you think?

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2
Camporeale54 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 10:05 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_2_VA View Post
I brought one from Helidirect about two weeks ago. Beware your choices for 1300-1350 mah lipos are limited. The options for a 4s setup are better.
True. Also, I don't feel any shortage of power on 4S powered Mini running VBar governor. It's pretty amazing still, after months of flying this setup
RCHN#233 | Lynx Heli Innovations Team
Goblin 700
Carbon |
Protos Max | Goblin 570
baui2000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 09:46 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I use the MSH branded Scorpion 2010kv motor in a 4S setup. Turnigy batteries (2200 mah 30C) seem to work well. I use a 15T pinion, MSH Brain, as well as MKS DS95 and DS95i servos. I really like this setup.

At the time I built this heli, I wanted it to be a 6S setup, but could not find the MSH 1300kv motor. Same problem then as now, I guess. Someday, when the motor appears again, I may pick it up, but I'm not terribly worked up about it. I really like my Mini Protos the way it is. A very nice flier indeed.
west5500 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 06:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

No 6S locally so I just got a 6S from msh-direct (for a stretch).

[Off-topic]
First order with msh-direct, he was the first guy I hit up on the net yesterday that had all the stuff I needed. I pretty much received an email that he had shipped it.... in a blink... whoa... Well impressed. Thanks!

Got a stretch kit with the new blades. What's the deal with msh and SAB falling out anyway? Sorry I'm late to the party about this. Is it because of the soon-to-come 700 and SAB's 500 and possibly 450 size ones?

spykez is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in