Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Century

Century Century Helicopters Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2012, 02:07 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Any of the painted canopies for the Radikal E640 or N640's can easily be made to fit on the Hawk Pro.
ngin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2012, 11:08 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngin View Post
Any of the painted canopies for the Radikal E640 or N640's can easily be made to fit on the Hawk Pro.

How easy? What do you have to do to make them fit?
Ontaeronut is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2012, 11:46 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ontaeronut View Post
How easy? What do you have to do to make them fit?
Just slip it on the front and mark the inside at the top rear for the holes for the grommets at the location where the top rear stand-offs should attach. Then drill them to size and insert the grommets.

Then mark the location of the front "tongue" and use the mount to mark the location of the holes for the screws that attach it to the bottom center of the canopy.

Now ir is ready to mount on your Hawk.

The same procedure can be used with a number of different canopies.
Old 07-21-2012, 05:17 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just received my new one yesterday, it's replacing my destroyed Hawk II. I am looking forward to building it, and getting it in the air. Are you still happy with yours?
Slwagner73 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2012, 04:54 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slwagner73 View Post
Just received my new one yesterday, it's replacing my destroyed Hawk II. I am looking forward to building it, and getting it in the air. Are you still happy with yours?
Most definitely
Old 07-22-2012, 01:21 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slwagner73 View Post
The HAWK II was a great little heli in its' day, but you will find there is a a BIG difference between it and the current Hawk Pro. You are gonna luv it!
Old 08-11-2012, 03:40 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

YES still loven mine and waiting to see what i can make it do next
motorhead540 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2012, 04:41 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Maybe a bit late, but however, here's my Hawk Pro doing a bit of accro (about 2 years ago, I could do a better vid now) :

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOEKD0QydRI[/ame]

Needless to say it's a great machine (mine is 0S50), although these days I mostly fly EP.
HarveyR is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2012, 01:04 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarveyR View Post
Maybe a bit late, but however, here's my Hawk Pro doing a bit of accro (about 2 years ago, I could do a better vid now) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOEKD0QydRI

Needless to say it's a great machine (mine is 0S50), although these days I mostly fly EP.
Thanx for the video HarveyR. I just noticed that I need another rear bearing in my OS37 on my Hawk Pro. I have an older OS46 laying about. I will be installing it into my Hawk now while awaiting a bearing.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:45 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice video. I was surprised to see that was all on the stock wood blades. I still have a stock .32 in mine. I haven't even attempted any sustained inverted with it lol. How huge a difference is it having the 50 hyper?
GAUI NX7, TREX 600N, Goblin 570, Gaui X3L, DX7G2, AMA#970963 Citizen 420
907Heli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2012, 03:24 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't really know because I've always used 50 on the HawkPRO. On the other hand I'm no good at adjusting them, I'd tend to say that a well adjusted 32 (maybe with glass/CF blades) would perform about the same as my grossly adjusted 50 with wood blades.

Many people are susprised of what I do with my all plastic/wood/standard servo (it's an old Robbe Gyro, really doesn't hold very well) HawkPRO at the field. And I do better now with it, nice funnels and tic tocs for example!

I like to use it to show that you don't need a 1700$ TREX 700E HV DFC (which I also have) to go behond hovering (it's incredible the number of peopler these days who think you must spend that much to be able to do inverted flight and basic 3D!!!).

My point is that you can learn a lot on a 300$ HawkPro (and crashes are pretty cheap, never ever more than 200$, usually around 40 to 70$)!
HarveyR is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2012, 05:41 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

I can tell you that I love my Hawk Pro. I love the fact that it's cheap, durable and though it's not the latest technology it flies beautifully. It's really been a good step into larger heli's for me, one that I could afford without having to sacrifice all my other models to pay for it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-05-26_21-53-49_826.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	343014   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-06-09_21-09-23_976 (640x360).jpg
Views:	135
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	343015  
Old 09-03-2012, 12:08 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, I thought it was time I shared a pic of my hawk pro. Did a few changes to her, Revolution pipe, fiberglass main blades, carbon fiber tail blades, carbon fiber tail fins. Next is a custom paint job for the canopy.

Old 10-20-2012, 08:44 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Love my Hawk Pro's fly great and easy to keep them flying now have 3 of them flying 2 with 37's and 1 with a 32 both 37's on governor run great good intro to nitro heli for anyone who has cp experience , reasonable repair and maintence costs
Old 10-20-2012, 08:57 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

I can safely say Motorhead540, that I agree completely. I love this heli. Sure I have had a few problems, but all of them have been to me being a total newb to helis and making silly mistakes. I love the fact that this heli is forgiving, but can be tweeked to preform 3D and any stunt that the more expencive helis can do. I love this heli so much that I am seriously considering getting another and converting it to electric so I can fly all day with two helis and not go broke buying cases of heli fuel.
Just for kicks one day, I decided that the canopy just looked... blah. *really wish they make custom fiberglass ones for the hawk*... so I grabbed some paint and spent a rainy day painting it up. Granted it's not perfect, but looks better then stock and will work fine till I get a fiberglass one for a G20 from Canomod.

http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/...myhawkpro5.jpg
Old 10-20-2012, 10:17 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Actually have had 4 Hawk series birds my very first nitro heli was a Hawk sport had a TT39 pro in it when i got it being a noob at the time had same problems as previous owner with keeping engine lit tried another engine an os still had flameout issues later determined to be bad fuel tank installation but i managed to hurt the airframe bad enough to replace it with anew Hawk pro airframe which came with a new os37 in a package deal at the time , second Hawk pro was purchased used as a RTF off of a craisglist add from 300 miles away it has a os32 and came with a 7CHP system which is still in use ,MY newest Pro i pickedup this week from a gentleman thru craigslist as a RTF with a DX6i for .... get this $250 with a box full of spares didn't really need another heli but could not pass up the deal either !!

just got new computer so once i get some pic's from old computer i'll post them
Old 10-21-2012, 05:13 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

I also picked up my Hawk Pro on Craigslist. I really had no intention of getting a nitro heli at the time but I also couldn't pass up the deal. Mine came with a full crash kit, upgraded swashplate, tuff landing gear, training gear, upgraded clutch bell, fully assembled by a guy who had three and was just clearing space so he built and sold this one which had never flown. The .32 engine was used but runs like a swiss watch. I would like a .37 but I really can't complain about the performance I have now. Still all for 200 bucks up here is a steal and I love my Hawk Pro
Old 10-21-2012, 10:23 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default +1 for Century Hawk

Sure Glad i can order everything i need for my Hawk PRO from Heliworld all shows to be in stock hope to have my order by next weekend so +1 for parts avaibility of the Hawk Pro... currently woking on getting all 3 to be as close to the same setup as each other than engine #3 will still only have a OS32 while the other 2 will have the OS37
Old 10-22-2012, 06:19 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Motorhead540,

If you are in need of an exhaust pipe, I have the stock black one. Pay for shipping it's yours. I went to a quiter tuned pipe so I could fly it in my back yard without ticking off the wife.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:03 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ontaeronut View Post
Hey Motorhead540,

If you are in need of an exhaust pipe, I have the stock black one. Pay for shipping it's yours. I went to a quiter tuned pipe so I could fly it in my back yard without ticking off the wife.
Good morning, Ontaeronut and others of course . Thanks for the thought but i seem to have a plethora of the stock black pipes but like you only one that is still on a Hawk PRO happens to be on the 32 powered one. My other 2 both have the Century quiet power already .See you went the revolution route for pipes. had one of them for awhile but was just borrowed so it had togo back to the Raptor hut. Good looking Hawk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in