Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters > Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme

Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2012, 07:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Kosmik Pinion issue and CG question

I just got my XX back together and maidened it with the new Kosmik (200)

I prefer running my TC down in the mid 70% but to get to 1800 I need to run the Kosmik at ~83%.

Are there other pinions available for the XX (I noticed in the instructions it said it came with a 17,18,19 tooth pinion but it only came with the 17 tooth)

Also my CG is now off a bit but I am unable to move both batteries back to counter it (Since the battery cutout on one side of the XX doesn't go as far back as the other)

Any ideas??

My batteries are TP 65Cs (5000Mah)
Logo XXtreme, Kosmik, Pyro 800-48L Futaba 157s/256. Henseleit TDR, Pyro 700-52, 120 Jive, V-Bar 5.3, BLS253/251. Logo 600SE, Scorp 5020-450KV, 120 Helijive, Futaba 451s/251. Logo 400, Align 510MGs, JR 8900G, Kontronik Jive 80+ LV,Mini Pyro 400-14,
jtjohn1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2012, 05:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

First of all that % is fine, run it. Secondly, the kit should have come with an 18T pinion. It should have only come with one pinion......Ron
Laughingstill is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2012, 07:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughingstill View Post
First of all that % is fine, run it. Secondly, the kit should have come with an 18T pinion. It should have only come with one pinion......Ron
Interesting

I counted 17 teeth and the telemetry I get when flying almost exactly matches Mr Mel's calc (Better match than the 18 tooth)

I figured 83% was ok to run but would prefer running it at a lower percentage (I have read several places that the mid 70s is the most efficent throttle % for a Kontronik ESC.

That said I LOVE THE SOFT START (It doesn't try to swap ends now when it spools up)
Logo XXtreme, Kosmik, Pyro 800-48L Futaba 157s/256. Henseleit TDR, Pyro 700-52, 120 Jive, V-Bar 5.3, BLS253/251. Logo 600SE, Scorp 5020-450KV, 120 Helijive, Futaba 451s/251. Logo 400, Align 510MGs, JR 8900G, Kontronik Jive 80+ LV,Mini Pyro 400-14,
jtjohn1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2012, 07:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mid 70% and up is more efficient, with the most efficient at 100%, but that defeats the purpose of a governor and active freewheel.

The yge makes more rpm than the kosmik, which is probably why you have to run the kosmik at 83% to get the same speed as the yge at a lower %....
Old 09-17-2012, 09:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

You can stagger the batteries on the plate, setting both as far back as they can go...each in their respective cut-out. Might help if the CG is close, and you need only a little more adjustment.

(-: Dave
dahld is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in