Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics > Futaba 14MZ - 12Z

Futaba 14MZ - 12Z Futaba 14MZ and 12Z Help and features Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2013, 03:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Switches Positions T18MZ

How do you put your idles, holds e.g. on your T18MZ.

What are your preferences?

how do you protect unintenionally switching idles?
RogerRabit is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2013, 04:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I use the 3-position switch (long one) for my normal, idle up 1, and idle up 2. I set them up as conditions so I can tweak gyro rates, throws, etc. I use a long 2-position switch on the right side above the elevator stick for the hold.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

See https://www.helifreak.com/attachment...8&d=1349869153
Kasama Srimok 90N with cyber head
ozsteel is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 04:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
I use the 3-position switch (long one) for my normal, idle up 1, and idle up 2. I set them up as conditions so I can tweak gyro rates, throws, etc. I use a long 2-position switch on the right side above the elevator stick for the hold.
Are you thumbing or pinching or use a mix?

I have set up the 3 position on the pitch side on top for Normal-Idle2-Idle1 so i have to concentrate on switching to the middle.
Speed (Idle3) is set on the small one left of it, with a "logic and" locked to "idle2" so you can switch to idle3 only from idle2 engaged.
Hold i have on the short 3 position on the right front with the top position on "hold".

This way i allway have one finger on the hold switch.

How do you switch the hold? Flick with the thumb letting cyclic go?
Old 01-14-2013, 04:32 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsteel View Post
Thanks.

I have a pushtype with spring on SF to engage HC3SX emergency action and allways one finger under.
I fly without govenor.

Donīt you lock the idles with logic?

How do you reset the timer with a switch?
I allways have to use reset on the touchscreen.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Reset timer with switch

Quote:
Donīt you lock the idles with logic?
I use "Programmable Mixer" to stop the wrong things happening - for example I use a mixer to ensure that the Switch Glo won't start if the throttle is above 20% or if I am in anything but Normal mode.

Quote:
How do you reset the timer with a switch?
I allways have to use reset on the touchscreen.
If you open the timer screen you will find a box marked "OFF" just below the reset button. Use this to set any switch you want to reset the timer.

My latest switch allocation is shown in the diagram below. It's a much better set up than the version I had previously and probably much more convetional. Timer reset is now on the touch screen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Timer_Reset.jpg
Views:	1282
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	388226   Click image for larger version

Name:	18MZ Switch Allocation v2.jpg
Views:	2375
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	388228  
Old 01-27-2013, 02:42 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the info.
But in flying nitro i tank+fly often without stopping the engine at all.

So

Putting the timer reset on the run-up idle would reset t every time i refuel. Might be a alternative.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:02 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My style is to shut down completely after every flight, have a think about what went on in the last flight, decide what I am going to do in the next flight and then start again - so my TX is set up with this in mind.

In my view, the best way to learn from every flight and take your heli home in one piece is to be deliberate with what you intend to do with each flight and not to "shoot from the hip". Maybe I'm conservative but I find I don't learn a lot from crashing; I learn much more from flying well. I try and leave crashing to my time on the sim.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:08 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsteel View Post
My style is to shut down completely after every flight, have a think about what went on in the last flight, decide what I am going to do in the next flight and then start again - so my TX is set up with this in mind.

In my view, the best way to learn from every flight and take your heli home in one piece is to be deliberate with what you intend to do with each flight and not to "shoot from the hip". Maybe I'm conservative but I find I don't learn a lot from crashing; I learn much more from flying well. I try and leave crashing to my time on the sim.
Just bought a sim again.
Didnt sim for 10y

when it is -5 or -10 celsius i do not want to let the engine cool down and wait.
When i have to recharge the RX batteries i can warm up and think.

It is the same booring training routine i fly to train the muscle memory.

I do not like crashing either.
The last one was a rx or tx failiure so i xchanged everything.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRabit View Post
when it is -5 or -10 celsius i do not want to let the engine cool down and wait.
Wow, I see what you mean. I fly in temperate Australia - when it's cold it's +10C and when its hot its +30C - that's my kind of flying weather
Old 01-28-2013, 01:17 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is, why you have so many poison animals there. They also like the warm climate.

Nevertheless i am waiting for the global warming now since many years, so i can plant some palm trees and fly at better temperatures.
But according to those (hoax?) people it now should take another 200 years until it starts.

Relocating to south of france may be a alternative.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:05 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
This is, why you have so many poison animals there. They also like the warm climate.

Nevertheless i am waiting for the global warming now since many years, so i can plant some palm trees and fly at better temperatures.
But according to those (hoax?) people it now should take another 200 years until it starts.

Relocating to south of france may be a alternative.
Last year was the warmest year on record in the US, and globally the last 5 years have all been the warmest on record. Climate change mostly means changing weather patterns. In the US that means that we will get more floods in some areas and more droughts in others as well as more severe weather generally.

Hurricane Katrina and Sandy were both considered 100 year storms, but we are likely to see a lot more "100 year" storms over the next decade and probably need to re-evaluate that label.

The irony for Europe is that a great deal of the warmth that goes there is because of the Gulf stream which depends on having enough salt in the ocean to cause the churn. As the polar ice caps melt the ocean is being diluted. If the Gulf stream slows because of this Europe will actually get colder.

Weather patterns are very complex things and an increase in the average global temperature by one degree can mean very different things to different parts of the world.

Currently all of our alternative energy production combined can't even keep up with our increasing power demands, so for now we will be burning more coal, oil, natural gas etc.. The US has about 200 years coal reserves, huge deposits of natural gas and now with new oil recovery methods for shale deposits there is almost a second oil production boom starting.

Meanwhile China is putting a new coal fired power plant on line every two weeks.

Things will get a lot worse likely for another 50 years before we start to make any progress on this.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:00 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

So you are telling me that waiting for the palm trees in germany might be not a good idea.

I wanted not to offend green and clima people that is why i did put (hoax) in braces.

From my opinion any forecast for longer termy is beyond the capabilities of humans.
But this is only my personal opinion.

I remember the 70s when we have been tought that the oil will be out end of the 90s and that the forrest will be away because of acid rain.
Politics works on putting fear into people to make them pay silly things.

Helis are beautiful unpolitical, at least as long as they are not promoted by (you can fill in here whatever you like).....
Old 01-29-2013, 05:20 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

These are subjects that people tend to believe what they want to believe.

The vast majority of all scientific data points to climate change, but a few studies paid for my oil companies cloud the waters and try to spread Fear Uncertainty and Doubt about all of the other studies.

This is why despite the fact that 80% of the people tortured by the US were completely innocent and just in the wrong place at the wrong time hasn't got our country outraged. The soldiers who did the torturing need to think these were all bad men so they can sleep at night. Politicians don't want to admit that the US who used to hold some moral high ground broke the Geneva convension, and the US people don't want to believe we could make mistakes like this. This contradicts with their feelings about how great our country is, so we justify what we did and sweep it under the carpet.

This is why GWB still believes that we needed to invade Iraq even though 16 independent studies found that what we did put the US at more risk and destabilized the area. When there were no weapons of mass destruction found, he found some other reason to justify his decision. All so he could sleep better at night.

People believe what they want to believe and tend to ignore anything that disagrees with their beliefs. It is the rare individual who is willing to admit they were wrong and made a mistake even when presented with conclusive evidence.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:06 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Has this thread got off track? Just wondering?
Old 01-29-2013, 07:15 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not really.
We are still on the weather topic.

I like more palm trees here, so i can fly in more moderate climate but more people like it to stay the way it is.

About the majority and the scientists.
My son works at the university.
Ask them how they refinance and how they come to their conclusions.

Majorities you find at lemmings and flies.

Just seen.
It is off track. That was the swithes thread.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:21 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkovalcson View Post
These are subjects that people tend to believe what they want to believe.

The vast majority of all scientific data points to climate change, but a few studies paid for my oil companies cloud the waters and try to spread Fear Uncertainty and Doubt about all of the other studies.

This is why despite the fact that 80% of the people tortured by the US were completely innocent and just in the wrong place at the wrong time hasn't got our country outraged. The soldiers who did the torturing need to think these were all bad men so they can sleep at night. Politicians don't want to admit that the US who used to hold some moral high ground broke the Geneva convension, and the US people don't want to believe we could make mistakes like this. This contradicts with their feelings about how great our country is, so we justify what we did and sweep it under the carpet.

This is why GWB still believes that we needed to invade Iraq even though 16 independent studies found that what we did put the US at more risk and destabilized the area. When there were no weapons of mass destruction found, he found some other reason to justify his decision. All so he could sleep better at night.

People believe what they want to believe and tend to ignore anything that disagrees with their beliefs. It is the rare individual who is willing to admit they were wrong and made a mistake even when presented with conclusive evidence.

I am impressed with the degree of maturity you have, i can't comment more but could not agree anymore.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:45 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I remember the 70s when we have been tought that the oil will be out end of the 90s and that the forrest will be away because of acid rain.
Politics works on putting fear into people to make them pay silly things.
Acid Rain is an interesting subject. I worked with the power utlitity industry as the cap and trade program was put in place to reduce SO2 emissions. It was actually successful in many areas. Then cap and trade was put in place for NOX to help reduce ground level Ozone. Mercury was next but then GWB came in and rolled back all the recently approved legislation.

There is no doubt that politicians use fear to get what they want all the time!
Everyone has an agenda. People know what side their bread is buttered on and tend to want to make their customer happy.

However recently the CEO of Exxon admited that climate change was real. He said it really wasn't a big deal and that we will just need to grow food in different places. Got to love it

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in