Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Ladies with Helis & Heli Widows

Ladies with Helis & Heli Widows Ladies who fly Helis and Wives of Heli Flyers. Guys, please leave the new threads to the ladies

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By nikki1023

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2013, 08:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Suggestions from the gals on how to entice my wife into this

She is a business-woman-type, but I got her to try skydiving with me 3 times.

The RC thing fails to interest her, probably because I turned our den into a Heli-Shop & she is not mechanical.

Profile: 35, Persian, High-IQ, low attention span.

please help
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2013, 02:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman5150 View Post
low attention span.
Give up.
Old 09-02-2013, 06:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Id like to know how to find a lady that loves helicopters as much as I do.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I tried to for several years. They are not out there, at least not in the US.

The only one I ever saw flying at my field was.... uhh... "not on our team".
Old 09-08-2013, 08:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Advice from a woman who just started flying is let her try in the simulator first. My husband flew for about a year before I ever wanted to try. I was always intimitadated by the big helis like the 450, but I brought the MCPC v2 and love it. I like that I can crash and habe none to minimal damage. Now that I started I love it. Note to the fuys when teaching a woman have patience because if we feel intimidated we will not want to continue. Good Luck
Christo074 likes this.
nikki1023 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2013, 01:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just remember we all started at the same place. Wow this is so cool *heli spins up* I can do this ohhhhh shiiiiiiiiii *hearing a crunch* looking at it all bent up... then taking it to the hobby shop...... hehehe its all part of it...
Old 09-20-2013, 11:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was not able to get my wife past the coaxial stage. Unfortunitely the big split came when i went single rotor, you know, single rotor outside, ciaxial inside.... Just fell apart there. Since i was not able to nurse her along, things never developed further fior her. I get a second chance at an in house flying partner now that my son is five, he flew furst ciax today...sort off. He will be easy, he is weak against the dark side, my wife, a cpa. Not so easly entranced at the sound of a trex 250 with carbon bladesspooling to 4 k headspeed. She seems well suited to resisting this some how. Any suggestions on. How to get her to be able to fly with me? I was thinking of fixing up a nine eagles 270 or msr i have lying around, i think the nine eagles was fairly stable for beginer?
helimaniac88 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2013, 11:11 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
She is a business-woman-type Profile: 35, Persian, High-IQ, low attention span.
I am speculating that she likes the finer things in life? Low attention span is deal killer.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

tell her you will buy her the house of her dreams ? then tell her a dream vacation, and then a new car of her choosing !!

all if she learns to fly !! that might help !

I am single btw.... really not sure why lol hahahah oops

cheers
warts
Warts is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2013, 11:43 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wasn't interested at all until my Hubby let me fly one day then I was inlove and couldnt put down the TX.... Just give her time.... Let her try flying on the BB or on a sim..... Iam in the US and I am in the hobby lol We are out there but hard to find esp when it such a male dominated hobby/sport.
epoweredrcgirl09 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2013, 10:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

From experience in other realms (biking, rock climbing, etc...) you don't have to have ALL the same interests as a couple. I've only just recently gotten into this heli "thing", and my wife just looks at me and rolls her eyes when I talk about the next heli I want to buy. But she understands it's something that makes me happy. She even flies my 3 ch heli from time to time. She just doesn't have the hand-eye coordination for a 4 ch, let alone CP.

We've done a lot of different things together, but we also like our "me time". I hate sushi, and she doesn't ride mountain bikes. Win-win, really.
jbrandt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2014, 10:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I don't know if she can be "talked into" flying helis, that's a losing battle.

Mine has been rolling her eyes and poking fun at me for 2 years. Took her to a fun fly yesterday though to see the "mini airshow" and also started teaching the sis-in-law on a tiny little quad... then I caught her.

She said "If I ever get into this it'll be on something small like you are teaching [sis] on"

I said nothing, didn't even flinch, just showed her the new little mini quads that were on sale for 40$$ and told her that might make a good little present for her sis if she stays with it. A woman I though had no hope of an r/c future finally showed a glimmer of interest, but the key is NOT to shove her into it. Just keep it cool and if it's meant to be, then she will come around.

Oh, and if she ever DOES manage to get interested enough to start flying a little coax, FP, or quad, that's the time to remember how hard it was learning to hover and praise EVERY tiny accomplishment. At least that's my plan.

Sorry I'm not a chick but I figured I had some good advice to post.
Old 05-20-2014, 03:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by helimaniac88 View Post
Any suggestions on. How to get her to be able to fly with me? I was thinking of fixing up a nine eagles 270 or msr i have lying around, i think the nine eagles was fairly stable for beginer?
Whatever you do, don't try these helis:
1. DO NOT: MSRX (They're uber cheap now, fixed pitch, and flybarless... BUT EASY? NO!!! Quirky enough to be like trying to get a 2 year old to clean their room after a Red Bull.)
2. DO NOT: MCPX or other CP heli... Too much to learn. (Nano might be an exception... You want sturdy, minimal quirks.)

But DO try these.
1. DO: WL Toys V944 - About same price but FBL actually works and is not quirky. (Easy to fly, stable, but definitely outdoorsy and kind of fast.)
2. Blade's new 200srx - Looks to be quirk-less and the "SAFE" technology is great for quads.
3. The Blade 180QX (Does well outdoors, no harder to fly than a coax... in full agility mode, flies nearly like a CP, while at 30% rate, it can handle wind but is docile and effortlessly controllable.)
4. Simple and cheap - WL Toys V911. Flybar like the msr. Indestructable...
gunny_jeeves is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2014, 05:33 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

if they aren't interested they aren't interested.
I tried for a few years to get my boyfriend to get into RC and he's not the type to like that kind of thing, so there's not really much point of trying to convince your significant other to actually pick up the controller and fly (or drive in my case).
just let it be.
refirendum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2015, 08:00 AM   #15 (permalink)

Default heli

There was a point in time where mine told.me to choose her or the helis so good luck my friend .... I say if she let's you do it and doesn't complain....it's just as good as letting it br!!! But it's great you are trying
helicrazed1985 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2017, 11:34 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Heli's require passion and patience. You can nurture that passion, I'm not sure you can instill it in others... I get this question from almost every flyer I meet. "How do I get MY girl to fly?" Heli's are hard at first, you have to want it. Best advise I heard here "get her on the sim" gauge her interest before you buy a bunch of pink gear...
Also, investigate multirotors with camera equip. You may peak her interest by adding the photography element. My ex got me started 10 years ago and my interest started with aerial photography. He's gone, I'm still flying
Samantha is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in