Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X Brushless Mods

mCP X Brushless Mods Blade Micro CPx Brushless Mods and Conversions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2016, 09:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default mcpx v1, now what should I do with it?

So I got a mcpx bl a few days ago and have really been enjoying it. I had decided that I would sell my old one which turns out is a v1 and no one seemed interested in it.

Long story short I have identified it as a v1 now and have decided not to sell it. So the question is what should I do with it now.

I want to do a brushless upgrade for sure and maybe a good stretch on it, but past that I would like some good ideas for it.
HeliLust is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2016, 10:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcsnsparks View Post
So I got a mcpx bl a few days ago and have really been enjoying it. I had decided that I would sell my old one which turns out is a v1 and no one seemed interested in it.

Long story short I have identified it as a v1 now and have decided not to sell it. So the question is what should I do with it now.

I want to do a brushless upgrade for sure and maybe a good stretch on it, but past that I would like some good ideas for it.
Send it to Rudy at Mega's Micros and get an Oversky HP05 brushless outrunner main motor installed...

When it gets back, do a 160-175mm tail boom with an Oversky 7mm tail motor, mCPX BL head and 130X main blades...

It will fly 'Huge" and have all the float feel of a 450X
JonJet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2016, 10:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I was thinking about doing the brushless mod myself as Im pretty good at soldering small stuff, the only part I would have difficulty doing is flashing the esc's.

As far as the head goes I was thinking of one of the dfc metal units. Who has the best one, or are they all the same or even worth it?

I was also thinking about the goblin style canopy but not sure if it would work out with the stretch. I could make my own if I had to though.
Old 01-03-2016, 10:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I was thinking about doing the brushless mod myself as Im pretty good at soldering small stuff, the only part I would have difficulty doing is flashing the esc's.

As far as the head goes I was thinking of one of the dfc metal units. Who has the best one, or are they all the same or even worth it?

I was also thinking about the goblin style canopy but not sure if it would work out with the stretch. I could make my own if I had to though.
All your ideas are great...I've done many mCPX's both V1 and V2 the same way with great results...I prefer the MicroHeli DFC, and am partial to the gold, and the gold swash plate with it...
The proof is in My signature
Old 01-03-2016, 10:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have the microheli swash, main shaft and really like them, so will definitely go with that then.

Is the delrin main worth doing as well?

Not sure what to do with the frame yet , if I decide to make the goblin body for it I will probably chop a factory into it. Using the body as a mono style structure.

I see you like the micros lots and really value your input, so thank you.

I definitely like the micros too. This one has been around long enough that I will be going stupid with it now.
Old 01-03-2016, 10:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is there anything to be done for some better servo's?
Old 01-03-2016, 10:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nothing available for servo upgrades that I know of...just spray them with Radio Shack DeOxit D5, work the sticks...fly it like you stole it
Old 01-03-2016, 11:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Does the hp05 keep it 1s or can I go to a 2s setup at that point?
Old 01-03-2016, 11:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Does the hp05 keep it 1s or can I go to a 2s setup at that point?
It stays 1S...plenty of power to spare

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in