Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics > 2.4G JR Radios

2.4G JR Radios JR 2.4 Gigahertz Radios and Technology

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2014, 11:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default RA02TL Diversity Remote Antenna

Has anyone been using the RA02TL Diversity Remote Antenna on there flybarless unit ? Tell us how is it working for you. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2014, 10:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Should work great. NOT available in Japan yet. BUT FCC tested already. Should be soon.

What I want to know is can you plug a RA02TL into a RG712BX and get super diversity. Which one does telemetry ?
Four Stroker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2014, 12:08 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

From what is described I think the telemetry signal also gets diversified when used with the RG712BX...ie instead of the two antennas on the RX the remote antenna gives you a third which the telemetry signal benefits from?

http://www.jramericas.com/234671/JRPR03453/?pcat=1453

Quote:
The most significant new feature of the RG712BX is it's introduction of the JR DMSS path diversity antenna system for outstanding signal reception, and increased telemetry signal syncing. With path diversity antennas, a remote antenna is not required, but an RA02TL remote may be added for additional antenna diversity, further enhancing signal reception.
In other words super diversity!

Last edited by TheKingPhisher; 12-21-2014 at 02:41 AM..
TheKingPhisher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2014, 08:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Talking with JR Americas this should be a plug in for the FBL units that have the option . So one stand alone unit with telemetry ect for a good price. Not sure if it will be plugging into a sat port or the X bus plug? You do loose the option of being able to plug in a servo like a standard receiver but I have everything plugged into my FBL unit so no use for servo plugs on my rigs. They mentioned an adapter but once they arrive we should have the answers. They said they where on there way
Old 02-11-2015, 12:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm rather confused about this product. Is it essentially the DSMX satellite replacement? Or a Rx with only an XBUS output? Do we need two of them?

I'm pretty stoked either way, as this is what DMSS has been missing. Does anyone have any new information on this piece of equipment?
reich2004 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2015, 01:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

This is basically a full range receiver with 7 standard PWM outputs plus an XBus output. No sats are needed to get full signal diversity as this is built in with the new antennaes.

PS This is not a sat, but you can plug in any of the DMSS sats if you require more signal diversity.

Specifications
JR - JRPR03453 - RA02TL Diversity Remote Antenna

Type: full-range Width: 1.00 in (25.5mm)
Channels: 7+XBus
Modulation: DMSS
Band: 2.4Ghz
Height: 0.57 in (14.5mm)
Weight: 0.53oz (15g)
Input Voltage: 4.0–8.5V
Case Type: hard plastic Antenna Length: 150mm
Length: 1.87 in (47.5mm)

Edit: JR America led us all on the wrong path here.... See later posts.
Old hand at Planks
Peter

Last edited by Vinger; 02-12-2015 at 02:17 AM..
Vinger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2015, 10:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

If it does all this, and could replace my need for a ~100 receiver, why is it so cheap?
Old 02-12-2015, 02:10 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

There's a little bit of confusion here, JR America's page for the RA02TL is all borked up, it shows the correct price and part number, but shows the picture and overview text for the RG712BX

RG712BX @ JR America

RA02TL @ JR America/

Actual RA02TL @ JR Propo

[DMSS] Remote Antenna for 2.4GHz Receiver (Diversity anttena Type)
[Dimensions] 5.5×18×29mm
[Weight] 5g
· Full Range Telemetry Module equipped
· RG cable (150mm) included

So reich, to answer your question, yes its just a sat/remote antenna unit, but hopefully it can be used on FBL units.
It looks to just have a DMSS sat cable output, so I guess you would have to hook up via the sat port... unless the adapter they mentioned to Dennis lets you go into the Xbus port maybe...

Last edited by pigpen; 02-12-2015 at 02:28 AM.. Reason: Fixed links
pigpen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2015, 02:16 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Think that JR America has the description completely wrong, it is in fact an additional antennae only, it gives older receivers the newer diversity antennae capability. NO receiver built in so cannot be used with FBL units supporting direct DMSS sats.

http://jrpropo.co.jp/english/product...db_flg=eng_db1

Old hand at Planks
Peter
Old 02-12-2015, 07:16 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is a complete receiver and is obviously intended for FBL units that have a socket for DMSS satellites. Does telemetry also. I don't know what the confusion is all about. A DMSS satellite is a complete receiver. It ain't got no servo plugs if that is what the confusion is all about.
Old 02-12-2015, 11:17 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes I was told that they are looking at an adapter for plugging into the sat port on flybarless units so only one RA02TL would be required just like our current 712BX X bus receivers are being used plugged into the sat port , just a smaller and cheaper option.
Old 02-12-2015, 02:12 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

JR's own description

[DMSS] Remote Antenna for 2.4GHz Receiver (Diversity anttena Type)
[Dimensions] 5.5×18×29mm
[Weight] 5g
· Full Range Telemetry Module equipped
· RG cable (150mm) included
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Old 02-12-2015, 04:15 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I found a conversation between Mr.Mel and Vinger wherein Mr.Mel states that the DMSS satellite is only a transmitter as per his testing. The JR literature has always claimed/implied that the satellite was a complete receiver for added redundancy. A transmitter only is not added redundancy. So I withdraw my comments until further information is available. The RA02TL is an antenna diversity telemetry transmitter only ?????

AXG-RF2RPA in the FCC data base has the RA02TL as the label specification. The test report is available online. Sounds to me like a receiver ?????

But I don't have one so cannot make any definitive statements. If this thing won't plug into small FBL units JR really missed the boat.
Old 02-12-2015, 10:59 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Correct FS, the sats from JR for DMSS has always been a full function RX and telemetry TX, the RA02TL though is not labelled as a sat, so my deduction that this is only an additional antennae to equip older DMSS receivers with the new base loaded diversity antennae as is now used in the latest receivers.

It includes a telemetry tx as this function is normally provided by sats, so if you replace a sat on say RG1131B receiver, it will now have the new antennae for added security.

The older receivers and sats had coaxial antennae.

http://www.jrpropo.co.jp/english/pro...db_flg=eng_db1
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Old 02-13-2015, 01:11 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm sure if they would just put the thing up for sale we could own them and find out what they are actually used for. Oh Jr... Your description seems useless.
Old 02-13-2015, 08:21 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I am glad this is a nice conversation among people wanting actual information instead of the usual bar fight - like discussing Spektrum lockouts and the resulting crashes.

It may just be that the marketing department does not know what the thing does ? But my question still stands - What does this thing do if connected to a new 712 RX ?

I have found the telemetry gets blocked easily with the paltry 1 mW or so output of the standard satellites. SO if telemetry is important to you and this thing simply replaces the old satellite, it is still a nice update. But I suspect that it is a "diversity satellite".

The DMSS satellites have always been confusing - Long range, Short range, Patch antenna, Coax antenna, and now "diversity" antenna - maybe ?

My suspicion is the the new 712 marks a departure from the whole satellite concept.

My perusal of the JR site seems to indicate that there are two types of satellites "telemetry module" and "remote antenna". The T seems to indicate telemetry. So is a non-T module just a RX with no telemetry TX ? Does a T module have both a receiver and transmitter or just a transmitter ?

I admit that I have only purchased receivers with the included modules - 831 and 1131. The real test is to take the RX out of the case, unsnap the antennae and do a range test to see if the RA02TL is also a receiver.
Old 02-27-2015, 02:30 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Had a good talk with JR Americas and I am more confused than I even thought I was. I am not really sure they understood what I was asking and I am not sure that this sat will do any good as a remote antenna for our FBL units . They really need to figure out what is good and full range for satellite receiver use in the FBL units before there are some really bad wrecks . Being that the DSMX type satellites fit into almost every FBL unit I cannot understand what the issue would be making these work if a proper one was built. I have my X bus plugged into the sat ports on my Skookum and it works fine but it sure would be nice to have a plug and play satellite system like JR used to have . I am sure having to build harness's and guess what will work has turned many of potential JR customers away. I know I stood back for some time and then thought all was well and jumped back into JR ,but I guess I was to early still. I have flown JR products from the PCM 10 to PCM10SXII , 9503 to now having the XG14. I hope to fly them for years to come but they need to help us out some as it seems no one really gets what does what yet even at JR Americas . Take care
Old 02-28-2015, 12:28 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

I know that at least some of the DMSS satellites are actually receivers in addition to being telemetry transmitters. Robird FBL units could work with the RA01T satellite functioning as a receiver:

http://www.robird.net/G31/Dmss_en.html

I did not try it myself, as I prefer to use full receivers (the only time that I used DSM2/DSMX satellites was on two Robird equipped machines that I set up this way in order to understand how it worked to better be able to help Robird customers).

I think that JR intended for people to use X-Bus receivers (single line/UDI) rather than satellites (X-Bus is compatible with V-Bar, BeastX, and some others).

I am, at present, setting up an RG731 BX with a V-Bar via X-Bus (one cable between the FBL unit and the receiver and one cable between the receiver and the satellite-so the same number of wires as when running two DSM2/DSMX satellites).

I will attempt to get more information about the RA02TL-I think that Vinger is correct that it is a "diversity antenna" as opposed to a satellite (experience has long shown me that Vinger is usually right, by the way).
Old 02-28-2015, 12:44 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

AhClem could you expand on this setup with RG731 and Vbar. I currently have a full setup with all the cables but am willing to learn how to set it up with a single cable.
Does Skokoom have the same option? I prefer the sk720 over Vbar...just a personal choice...

Gh

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
goodhunting is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2015, 02:07 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodhunting View Post
AhClem could you expand on this setup with RG731 and Vbar. I currently have a full setup with all the cables but am willing to learn how to set it up with a single cable.
Does Skokoom have the same option? I prefer the sk720 over Vbar...just a personal choice...

Gh

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Here's Mikado's take on it....

http://www.vstabi.info/en/node/1522
JR XG14 PL8 v2
mverhorst is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in