Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > RealFlight Flight Sim

RealFlight Flight Sim All versions of RealFlight Sim

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2006, 08:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default downloads for g3

Hi, all!
This being my first post here, I'd like to thank everyone for all the helpful info I found while building and setting up my T-rex. I also have G3 and would like to find a T-rex to download. My problem is that I am sort of computer illiterate. I tried to download stuff from the G3 website but I have no idea what to do with the files afterwards. I am running Windows xp, BTW,
if that makes any difference. Could anyone help with this? :?:
cb8180 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2006, 04:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have G3 and have d/loaded many airplanes and helis but have never found anything that flies like my Trex.

If you use an existing heli and continue to make changes until it behaves like your setup..........................that is unless you have never flown a Trex or do not know how one is supposed to fly like......LOL.............that was my problem when I first got mine

Lenny

BTW.......................you can signup at Knife Edge Software and download lots of neat stuff in the forums section The files they have can be simply imported. They explain how. They are .G3X files I believe?
Old 06-18-2006, 08:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks, lennydude, I will try going to the site and search the forums there. All I can say is the t-rex is a MAJOR step up from the Blade CP I was trying to fly before--if you can say something hovers like it's on rails, the t-rex does, comparitively! Now to begin some slow forward flight, if I find a suitable place. I'm 35 years old, have a good deal of renegade plank experience, but I feel 15 when I fire up the helis! A veritable fountain of youth! LOL
cb8180 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2006, 06:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

LOL...............

ANYTHING hovers better than a Blade CP...............

We sell those at the shop where I work and I have a hard time personally selling them. I warn anyone interested that it is definatly a "learning" tool. If you can hover one of them in place you can fly anything! (LOL)

The TREX is a MUCH better heli but requires the pilot to go to the next stage in learning.......... how to setup one of these birds I find the setup to be very satisfying.................instant results from you making changes.

Have fun

Lenny
Old 06-19-2006, 11:53 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennydude
LOL...............

ANYTHING hovers better than a Blade CP...............
Not true, try a Walkera DF22. My blade was gravy in comparison. However, I will gladly admit the blade is a toy compared to the rex, but a toy I can fly indoors. As far as the sim goes, I'm partial to the Concept EP version. I do kinda like the MX400 version as a runner up, but the response is better on the EP.
zooland1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2006, 12:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Toss a lot of $$, a computer Tx and hours of mechanical/Tx setup at a CP and it'll hover pretty good. At least mine does.

I would love a decent Trex 450 in G3. The one I have now is VERY twitchy and flies nothing like my SE.

No helicopters were harmed in the creation of this post.
AMA CD # 7309, Turbine Waiver# RW 890
Click Here For Bergen Intrepid Turbine Build Videos
Skiddz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2006, 10:07 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddz
Toss a lot of $$, a computer Tx and hours of mechanical/Tx setup at a CP and it'll hover pretty good. At least mine does.

I would love a decent Trex 450 in G3. The one I have now is VERY twitchy and flies nothing like my SE.
I totally concur with the first part of this quote. Mine flies great, but I have done all the above.

As far as the Trex, did you try mine? I think it's pretty good. Very close to my rex, but I haven't done any 3d with the rex, so that could be a big difference. Fear factor, G3 crashes don't ask for my credit card.
Old 08-24-2006, 01:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Not sure which one I have. Point me to yours and I'll give it a go tonight when I get home from work.

No helicopters were harmed in the creation of this post.
AMA CD # 7309, Turbine Waiver# RW 890
Click Here For Bergen Intrepid Turbine Build Videos
Skiddz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2006, 08:45 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

zooland1 I would also like to try your t-rex....

share the welth buddy.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:59 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddz
Not sure which one I have. Point me to yours and I'll give it a go tonight when I get home from work.
I thought I had already posted this link:

https://www.helifreak.com/viewtopic.php?t=17070

This has a Trex, Blade and Logo 14. All use add-ons four, so don't try to install them without it or you'll get an error.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in