Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Ufly

Ufly Walkera Ufly Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2009, 10:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Walkera UFLY helicopter mini review

Introduction:
Following the development for shaft driven helicopter from Walkera, the newest additional to Walkera model lineup is the UFLY. A shaft drive medium size helicopter with aluminum alloy rotor head, the usually RTF configuration with all necessary accessory included (battery, charger, radio, etc), brushless motors, etc. As shaft driven tail driven tail offer better rudder control compare to separate tail motor system, it should make this little heli quite stable for both indoor and outdoor flying.

Preflight check:
As usual in Walkera fashion the helicopter come 100% build and tested. And well protected inside coloured box. Battery and chargers were included. After charging the battery during the bench test I notice the swash is slightly forward. One turn with the elevator push rod fix this issue. Another good point about this kit is it come with brushless motor and full aluminum rotor head already. No more burn out brushed motor and the aluminum head make the heli more crash resistance and slop free for longer service life.

Flight test:
As expect for a FP helicopter it is quite stable. The initial setting there are slight tail hunt, simple fix by decreasing the gyro gain by around 5min and everything work flawlessly. The heli fly really nice and does it’s job nicely. One thing I don’t like about it is the blades. They are made by the same materials as the cb180 which do offer some flex but will break during hard impact. It would be nice if Walkera can replace it with materials which flex a bit more so it would be more crash resistance.

Conclusion:
Nice RTF heli. If you are like me which is very lazy and what to fly it as soon as you get it. Try this one. It is very simple to setup and fly. And due to it’s medium size it can be easily flown indoor, but not too small so it is still very stable and can fly outdoor if desire. The only thing I don’t like about this heli is the blades and hope Walkera can improve on this in the future.

Pros:
RTF
Very stable tail
High quality construction
New 2402 LCD transmitter
Brushless motor and lipo battery

Cons:
Plastic rotor blades
Slight tail hunt with the initial setup
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	01.jpg
Views:	596
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	124656   Click image for larger version

Name:	03.jpg
Views:	1058
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	124657   Click image for larger version

Name:	08.jpg
Views:	533
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	124658  
ehirobo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2010, 11:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If I may add a couple things. You can turn the stock Ufly into the "SUPER UFLY" by changing out the stock ESC for the Feigo18 and you can change out the stock e-board/gyro for the 4G6 2609 rx that has the better HH Gyro and youll have no tail problems what so ever. As far as I know the stock ESC "WILL NOT" work with the 2609rx and as far as I know you have to have the 2601/2801/2801 Pro for this to work. I'm not sure if any other brand of ESC will work but the Feigo will.. I've talked to a guy that has tried the stock esc and says it burned up the tail servo and locked up the cyclic servos, all this changed when he switched to the Feigo18

Last edited by 3d-wanna-b; 02-10-2010 at 08:26 AM..
3d-wanna-b is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2011, 05:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

does anyone know if there is an advantage on getting the Uflys over the Ufly? I bought my Ufly today and I watched a video that says the Uflys has a 3 axis gyro. At the store where I bought it the guy said they are the same but I am sure there must be a difference
tucker13 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2011, 02:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

To my knowlege the 3 axis gyro is the difference between the two. I just bought the UFLYS and it has it. It cost more money too. The guy in the store was wrong.
GDJ54 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in